Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Knights of Andreas 5.06: Uneasy Lies

Wow, lots to see and think about in this one. Almost a bit too much for once, but I like chapters that keep you headed from one subplot to the next.

• Upvote 2

What exactly are we all doing here? Throwing other teammates under the bus?

I want Bobby on my team for the inevitable brawl :p

Everybody being dumbasses. Malik was the glue that held these primadonnas together it seems.

• Upvote 1

Javad using D-Jam for his revenge plot.. :no:

I'm not sure I understand what the unhappy players are planning to do. Strike? Tell Harden they're not going to play or something? Try to get him fired? :think: I was kinda right in saying that Harden wont' be able to embrace being an offensive team.

The next chapter will be uncomfortable.

• Upvote 1

What exactly are we all doing here? Throwing other teammates under the bus?

I'm not sure I understand what the unhappy players are planning to do. Strike? Tell Harden they're not going to play or something? Try to get him fired? :think: I was kinda right in saying that Harden wont' be able to embrace being an offensive team.

I don't think the implication is that something concrete is imminent, more so that the team now has some division in the locker room. (Makes sense considering next week's chapter is titled "The Line That Divides.") Disharmony among players is nothing new in sports, but it's never really happened under Coach Harden's tenure. Yet.

That being said, in hindsight, I think it would be better to change Randall's line from "We're really doing this?" to "We're really going down this road?" That might have alleviated some confusion.

I think this:

will prove to be extremely correct. :yep:

--------------------

In other news, something else I want to point out. The title of this chapter may seem like something out of a soap opera, though lies are the biggest motif of the chapter (D-Jam knowing how to read, Phillips' "deal" with Detroit, arguably Watson's perfect speech and Harden not being an alcoholic). The title, however, is also an old literary reference I bet few of you caught.

A quick Google search should do it. :D

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

This is how far I got when I started catching up. Decided to reread the last few chapters to get refreshed before moving forward.

I loved Phillips turning from throwing Harden under the bus to doubling back after Stein went rogue. He has logic to what he does, but he's volatile and too concerned with respect.

And really, switching to the 4-3 was going to quell our problems at CB? That makes no fuckin' sense unless we're coupling that with zone from the LBs. Sean's character was right, you can't blame the rookies. Sure, they can grow into Harden's system, but for now they need help underneath as clearly Flash and Schwinn can't alleviate the problem from up top.