DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

CFB Season draft thread... Who impressed you?

Dalvin Cook had the most bone-headed fumble you'll ever see, but he's still my dawg.

Lamar Jackson draws absolutely none of my interest from a draft standpoint.

Nick Chubb only Power 5 player to have 100 yards rushing inside and outside the tackles in week 1

Chubb has such an interesting running style. That's one thing that makes running backs so enjoyable to watch. Every one of them has their own unique style and you have to figure out which one you prefer the most and which one would work at a pro level.

I think Chubb has the talent to be a late first rounder if he continues doing what he did in the opening weekend. If that knee holds up fine he should be a near lock to go by the halfway mark of round two. I do think a lot of teams would be scared of that slow build-up style of running where he doesn't really start getting hard to bring down until he's already in the secondary, but that didn't seem to be an issue for the Titans drafting Derrick Henry, and Henry was much slower building up than Chubb was.

Kaaya 17/31 for 191 yards and 2 INTs against FAU. :yao:

I don't really know much in the way of what would make a good NFL player vs. a good college player. Marshon Lattimore, Gareon Conley, and Malik Hooker all look like they could be great players at the next level. Just an opinion from a totally not-biased fan.

:shifty:

I'm starting to like Cook a bit more then Fournette, although at this point they're the only two guys I'd touch in the first.

And Jabrill Peppers is such an interesting choice at safety.

• Upvote 1

I just don't see Cook having that power and ability to get through arm tackles that Fournette has. Both are a nightmare in space. Cook might end up having more time as a pro because he isn't as brutal of a runner though.

I just don't see Cook having that power and ability to get through arm tackles that Fournette has. Both are a nightmare in space. Cook might end up having more time as a pro because he isn't as brutal of a runner though.

Exactly why I love him. Someone's going to pick him in the 2nd round, and he's going to be a very good running back in the NFL for many years.

Exactly why I love him. Someone's going to pick him in the 2nd round, and he's going to be a very good running back in the NFL for many years.

Agreed. I got a bottom of the 1st - top of the 2nd grade on him solely because of his ability to make guys whiff in space and show insane cutbacks. He'll be a starter at the next level for sure. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Idk, from what I've seen this year he's looked pretty good running through arm tackles and gaining yards after contact.

He's also put on a bit of weight it seems, and he's still looking crazy explosive.

Lamar Jackson dude is a TD machine either running or Passing

Really love what I saw on tape from Corey Davis. He looks like the next potential Antonio Brown. Also a huge fan of the speed Darren Carrington out of Oregon has. Dude is a crisp route runner but has that legit 4.4 speed throughout each play.

Royce Freeman, Shock Linwood, and Curtis Samuel are all guys who have jumped out to me on film. Samuel is just electric in the open field and Linwood has breakaway speed. Freeman is a bit slower than both but the way he maneuvers and makes cuts between the tackles he makes me think of Le'Veon Bell with better size & north-to-south quickness.

Interesting perspective of Freeman. Most people see him as just a power back at this point.

That's odd. I don't see him at all like a power back. He's not a guy who is going to shed tackles every play or truck through people. Maybe it's just the scheme that I'm liking, not Freeman as a player. :shrug:

So I just learned that Chad Kelly tore his ACL. Didn't think too highly of him before, and hasn't done anything to change that this season I pegged him as a day 3 guy the last time I had a hard look.

Also, this class' DBs, especially corners is looking very deep.