Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

FF 2016: Who to start?

You know the drill.

PPR

Golden Tate @ :Colts:

Martellus Bennett @ :Cardinals:

I'd go with Tate. Better matchup and Jimmy G could still suck.

I'd go with Tate. Better matchup and Jimmy G could still suck.

Yeah, Tate is who I have slotted there now. It's just a tough decision for me, because Garoppolo was basically hitting up Bennett throughout preseason as a security blanket. Easily his favorite target.

Yeah, Tate is who I have slotted there now. It's just a tough decision for me, because Garoppolo was basically hitting up Bennett throughout preseason as a security blanket. Easily his favorite target.

It's definitely tempting with no Gronk out there. The Colts are just gonna be so bad though. Zona should be hot on defense. Chandler Jones and Cambell, no Nate Solder.

• Upvote 1

Agree with MHG. I'm starting Bennett as my TE, because I have Gronk. Wish I had put Julius in there though.

But if its a flex spot, I'd take Tate > Bennett.

Tate, I think. More potential, at least. Though I do wonder how much Marvin Jones is gonna eat into his looks, since apparently Stafford loves him.

Deepest roster I've ever had thanks to hitting the nail on the head on most of my late round draft picks and a few diligent pick ups, and yes its a 12 team.

I need to start two. And I'm slightly terrified of starting Michael Thomas this week on Thursday Night Football, because he had two fumbles in the 4th quarter and gave way to Willie Snead mostly.

Jay Ajayi @ LA

Michael Thomas @ CAR

Legarette Blount @ SF

CJ Prosise vs PHI

James Starks @ WA

yes indeed PPR.

Eli.

• Upvote 1

Eli has the better matchup. Tyrod has the potential. But the Bills will probably run the ball against the Raiders. Eli will throw more.

• Upvote 1

Went with Tyrod, but Eli scored 2 more points than him. No biggie as I'm going to win this week regardless unless Doug Baldwin scores 67 points tonight. :yao:

This has been such a crazy fantasy season for me. Started off 1-5 and now I'm a virtual lock to make the playoffs. :megusta:

Eh, Tyrod outplayed him. Eli got that garbage time TD to pad his points.

Freakin out night before the playoffs :panic:

Malcolm Mitchell vs Ravens

Rob Kelley vs Eagles

PPR, roll one

post-3005-0-22430600-1481451174_thumb.png

update: i went to bed leaving everything as it was. Rob Kelley had a good day but is frozen on my bench. They then ruled out Saints WR Mike Thomas, forcing me to slide Malcolm Mitchell into my WR2, and instead of Rob Kelley in my flex, now i gotta rely on either...

Legarette Blount vs the Ravens

or

Dennis Pitta vs the Patriots

Blount leads the league in rushing TDs, but the Ravens are 2nd against RBs this year.

I lead the league in total points scored. It should not be this hard given how well I drafted, but stuff is fallin apart.

Edited by BC

BC : (15 December 2016 - 08:06 PM)are people feeling Jay Ajayi to finally get his act together this weekend against the Jets? They seem like a tough matchup but its hard to tell. BC : (15 December 2016 - 08:06 PM)And also... are people feeling AJ Green to have a big day right off the bat against the steelers coming off that hamstring injury : BC : (15 December 2016 - 08:12 PM) for wr instead of aj green the choices would be malcolm mitchell (vs den) and ty montgomery (vs chi) and i don't really wanna start those last 2 options

Current Lineup

QB Derek Carr (vs SD)

WR Jordy Nelson

WR AJ Green (vs PIT)

RB Lesean McCoy

RB Legarette Blount (vs DEN)

TE Greg Olson

W/R Mike Thomas (vs AZ)

K Janikowski

DST New York Giants (vs DET)

Start-Worthy Bench Players

WR Malcom Mitchell (vs DEN)

WR/RB Ty Montgomery (vs CHI)

RB Jay Ajayi (vs NYJ)

QB Ben Roethlisberger (vs CIN)

DST Green Bay Packers (vs CHI)

DST Cincinnatti Bengals (vs PIT)

RB Robert Kelley (vs CAR)

Edited by BC

Championship Weekend. My biggest matchup ever, and probably one of the hardest lineup setting weeks ever.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger (vs BAL)

Playing with a superior offense to Carr's, and that clutch factor

WR - Jordy Nelson (vs MIN)

Lock.

WR - Mike Thomas (vs TB) - ???

Very insecure about this choice. Could be playing AJ Green, Jay Ajayi, or even Blount instead. Thomas stat line is amazingly consistent though. Last time he faced TB, they held him to his worst line of the season :/

RB - LeSean McCoy (vs MIA)

Lock.

RB - Ty Montgomery (vs MIN)) - ???

They have shafted him all year long making him unstartable, but his last 2 weeks have been monstrous. Hardly anyone is benching him this week, and the Vikings are in a free-fall

TE - Greg Olsen (vs ATL)

A little watered down from his usual self due to the Carolina suck this year, but no way I start Dennis Pitta.

W/R - Malcolm Mitchell (vs NYJ) - ???

A 3rd receiving option, but for the best QB of all time against a pass D that got shat on by Matt Moore. I want to play AJ Green or Jay Ajayi so bad but this is matchup heaven, seems more likely to have multiple big plays than those other 2 option. Mitchell has not had a bad week since Gronk got hurt, and has had huge games.

- BENCH -

RB Jay Ajayi (vs BUF)

He's always had the potential to explode every week but its been 6 weeks since he has. Buffalo surrenders the 10th most RB points, and Ajayi torched their asses for 214 yards.

WR AJ Green (vs HOU)

This dude was keeping up with Julio Jones stats wise 'til he got hurt. First week back from his hamstring tear. Thinking they might limit him. Do the Bengals have anything to play for anyway?

RB Legarrette Blount (vs NYJ)

Belichick has officially begun his late season RB committee stuff. Dion Lewis and James White are on the field more than Blount. But I listed him here because against the Jets, this could be over by the 2nd quarter in which they just hand off to Blount to increase the game speed.

RB Robert Kelley (vs CHI)

What can I say, I was really on my waiver wire game this year. He doesn't catch passes and is hit or miss, but they are leaning on him a lot, and this is a lolBears team.

QB Derek Carr (vs IND)

Something seems to be wrong with his connection with Amari lately and he's cooled way off. But with Big Ben going against the Ravens, its going to be really easy this week to not necessarily start the QB that gets the most points.

Edited by BC

I would absolutely start Carr over Big Ben. I agree that you might end up screwing yourself over regardless which way you go, but you have to think about what would happen most of the time.

Big Ben, against a divisional rival with a top-10, possibly top-5 defense, or Derek Carr vs the Colts, whose defense is middling at best- last week notwithstanding.

That's the only one I really disagree with you on, but the Mitchell play is also questionable, IMO. Last week- vs Denver, granted- he did have a bad week, contrary to your assertion that he has never had a bad week with Gronk out. Unfortunately, I just don't see a clearly better option. I'm not starting AJ in the championship on his first week back. Ajayi hasn't done squat since Pouncey went down. Blount is being replaced by Dion.

The only viable option to replace is Rob Kelley, and that is also a big risk in itself. However Kelley is the starter for Washington, versus Mitchell being at best WR2 for the Patriots.

I would say if its PPR, roll with Mitchell. If not, I'd go with Kelley.

I am also starting Jordy Nelson, Michael Thomas, Ty Montgomery and Greg Olsen in the championship, lmao. I also have Ajayi on the bench.

If I had more guts, I'd sit Nelson because Xavier Rhodes is going to be on him all night.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Yall think Stefon Diggs can be trusted? Playing Ty Montgomery and/or Michael Thomas over him atm.

Bleh at Diggs.

And there goes Ajayi for a TD. Ughh is it too late to make the switch...