Bay

Jeff Fisher 8 more losses to own the most regular seasons defeats for an NFL Head Coach

jeff-fisher-backwards-hat.png?w=1000

What do you guys think? Should the Rams try to find the best QB whisperer to turn Goff into a franchise quarterback, should they find the best HC regardless, or something in between?

If you can turn Goff into a franchise qb, you are a great coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

with as much as LA gave up to get him I think they have to get someone who's willing to work with him for at least a year or two, but then you're stuck with whatever coach you bring in if Goff completely bombs out

I think you find a OC and QB coach that can work with Goff. The HC should be the best guy you can find and that will adjust his scheme to your players.

Yup, I think I have to agree with the consensus so far. You have to go out of your way to find a guy who knows QBs.. Or at least get a guy who knows a guy who knows QBs. Either way, it has to be major part of the interview process. Perhaps question #1.

If you can turn Goff into a franchise qb, you are a great coach.

Jesus christ what a hot take. This dude just went first overall and got stuck with an absolute retard for a coach. There are a shitload of coaches who have to be dying to get the job and have Goff as a future. He's shown plenty of promise.

Jesus christ what a hot take. This dude just went first overall and got stuck with an absolute retard for a coach. There are a shitload of coaches who have to be dying to get the job and have Goff as a future. He's shown plenty of promise.

A 55.1 completion percentage on 3.6 air yards per attempt is not something I'd consider plenty of promise.

If you're going to average such a low air yardage, your completion percentage better be incredible.

His team sucks, but so has he(for the most part) in his appearances.

Coming into the draft most people would have told you that Wentz is the one that offered the more "ready" nature of the two. I still believe in Goff, but he needs time and getting penetrated behind that line probably isn't helping.

Coming into the draft most people would have told you that Wentz is the one that offered the more "ready" nature of the two.

What? That is literally the exact opposite of what people claimed. Everyone said that going from FCS to the NFL was such a big jump that there's no way he could start his rookie year. Remember he was going to be the backup until Minnesota gave so much for Bradford.

Goff was simply a team forcing a QB pick when there were none (outside the 4th round) out of desparation.

Not the ones I read... Walter Football for example cites Goff's need to be adapted into NFL type offenses and needs development in that area to be successful as a huge weakness. Same site listed 11 strengths and 9 weaknesses for Goff while listing 24 strengths and 4 weaknesses for Wentz.

I guess that just highlights the drastic differences in perspective. ;)

A 55.1 completion percentage on 3.6 air yards per attempt is not something I'd consider plenty of promise.

If you're going to average such a low air yardage, your completion percentage better be incredible.

His team sucks, but so has he(for the most part) in his appearances.

That's largely because of the offense the Rams run and how inept the coaching staff is. They refuse to throw farther than 10 yards down the field. Goff has the arm to make throws, but they did the same thing with Keenum. Run for 2. Run for -1. Quick slant that comes up short. Punt.

what I found most interesting on that list is that Fisher's record (169-157-1) is really close to Tom Coughlin's (170-150) makes you wonder how we'd look at Fisher if he'd had a bit more playoff success

A bit more playoff success? Coughlin coached in 3 conference championship games with 2 different teams and has two Super Bowl rings, both of which came against the best football dynasty ever second only to MAYBE the Lombardi Packers of the 60's. lol

so? who's starting thursday?

Goff, assuming he's healthy.