oochymp

Which 2-0 team finishes with the worst record?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Denver Broncos
    • Houston Texans
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • New England Patriots
    • New York Giants
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

2-0 is fun because it looks like a great start, but it's really too early to know it's not a fluke, so who's the fluke this year?

Yay, these threads are fun

First thoughts are Eagles/Texans. Gotta decide.

Edited by Bay

Picked Eagles. I have no faith in that team defensively and they've had two softball games. Ravens and Texans are definitely close though. Ravens barely edged out bottom feeders and Texans are IMO lacking as a whole unit.

Sam Bradford doesn't play for the Eagles or the Texans. Only a matter of time before that falls apart.

• Upvote 1

I think it's the Texans, and it's because Brock has not played up to a high enough level. He's gonna get exposed on a national stage on Thursday, and it won't be pretty. I'm soft on the Eagles as well, but they're in a shitty division so it may not be so bad. Vikings can survive shitty QB play because they have a great defense.

for me this one's coming down to the Vikings and the Eagles, the Texans at least have the shitty division going for them

It's definitely the Ravens for me. The Texans still have a great defense and a weak division, they'll at least be 8-8. The Ravens and Eagles have both not had tough opponents but the Eagles have at least looked alright in their wins. The Ravens absolutely squeaked by Buffalo and Cleveland.

And the Ravens schedule is pretty tough. Patriots, Jets, Seahawks, Cardinals and not to mention the Steelers and Bengals both twice.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

The Ravens are really bad.

Ravens will probably steal games with the Fluke-o vertical offense though.

Whether or not the Ravens made the playoffs when they had completely different players is utterly meaningless to the 2016 Ravens. I know this is your argument for every team, but not only are you inconsistent on applying it, (See: Buffalo and Minnesota), it's flat nonsense.

The 2016 team suffers from a void of talent. They have the potential to be a playoff team if everything goes right, but they have Joe Flacco- a perenially average QB who had one superstar playoff run- throwing to a receiver corps whose best receiver very well might be a 40-year old Steve Smith coming off an ACL tear. Well, unless we're throwing TEs in there, then its unquestionably Dennis Pitta. And who do they have on defense? Timmy Jernigan might be the best player there. Suggs? Just not the same anymore.

Ravens have overperformed so far, and I really don't see them making the playoffs unless they get the opposite of last year, where all the lucky breaks go their way.

They're also my answer to the OP.

Edited by Thanatos

What the Ravens have done in the past 10 years is irrelevant to what they're doing now unless Flacco and Harbaugh are as good as Belichick & Brady

CJ Mosley is probably the Ravens best defender.

Belichick>Harbaugh and Brady>Flacco

Now that the obvious is out of the way, the Ravens have declined a lot in the last few years. hey had a really good defense when they won the Super Bowl and most of the cornerstones of that defense have since retired, those who haven't got old, Father Time is undefeated. Pair that with the massive contract Flacco signed right after the Super Bowl (which is still the fourth biggest cap hit according to Spotrac.com) handicapping their ability to replace those players and you get a team that's not nearly as good as the teams that made the playoffs for five years straight, which happens to coincide with Flacco's rookie contract, but I'm sure there's no correlation there.

Ravens history of winning isnt valid but the Patriots is?

now who is making no sense?

History of winning doesn't matter unless you retain the same personnel or have a key component to stay winning. The Patriots have Belichick and Brady. Key components. The Ravens do not.

Joe Flacco is a key component.

:insidejob:

Joe Flacco is 10-5 in playoff games with a SB win and he's been in the playoffs 6 years,always making it to second round.

here is the Ravens playoff history. they are always in the damn playoffs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baltimore_Ravens_seasons

And 4 of those wins came on his Superman SB run. Take that out and he is an average 6-5. Flacco is an average QB who played like a superstar right when it mattered most in terms of max payout. And that has fucked the Ravens royally, because they chose to pay an average QB superstar QB money.

The Ravens playoff history is meaningless. Your continual bringing up of the past only serves to highlight the utter absence of logic in your arguments about this topic. What happened 5-10 years ago has literally no bearing on the current franchise.

Joe Flacco is a proven winner. :rofl:

Dear lord, you're using TIM TEBOW logic.

Oh god... I'm almost afraid to ask. What do you think of Tim Tebow, Phil?

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Eagles.

I think you guys are discounting the Texans D and that pass rush. They have a cake walk division too.

you dont constantly make the playoffs when you suck. It means successful seasons with him as QB.

they are 2-0 right now. They have won with him and lost last year while he was injured.

how in the heck does that compare to Tebow?

Because W/L is the most bullshit stat with which to judge a QB. It's a team game. One of the main arguments for Tebow was that "he's a winner," ignoring the facts that his statistics were godawful and he was being carried by his team.

(Also "you don't constantly make the playoffs when you suck"... but the Panthers have made it three straight years and they suck. More inconsistency from you. But I digress.)

Flacco's stats aren't awful but he's consistently in the 12-20 range for things like ypa, completion %, INTs, TD%, etc. He's not a great QB. Not a bad one, around 15-16 overall, but he's been there basically his whole career- outside of one superhuman playoff run where he threw 13 TDs to 0 INTs, Flacco is a decidedly average QB. He just played the best football of his life when it mattered the most- won him a Superbowl and got him a HUGE contract that he in no way deserved based on his overall body of work.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

What in the fuck, man? Did you pass 3rd grade reading? Where the fuck is there a circular argument in that post? Fantasy stats? I'm not talking about fantasy stats in any point in that post, I'm talking about real, feasible, statistics that sane people use as a measure of how good a QB is. Not: "He's a winner" hurr durr. That's a Skip Bayless level argument.

Is Cam better than Flacco? Yes, only a moron would argue otherwise, and only an even greater moron would argue that solely based on one having a ring and the other not. Again, is Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino? If Cam's defense scores two touchdowns in the SB, and the Broncos don't, and so the Panthers win, does that somehow make him any better of a QB?

It's not like "Better than Flacco" is a small group. There are 12-15 QBs in the league right now who are better than Flacco. He's average, mediocre. He had one smashing playoff run that got him a trophy and a huge contract. That's it. Outside of those four games, Flacco is the definition of average Joe.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

wins prove you are better-

yeah but defense-

yeah but individual stats-

etc.

it doesnt matter why or how you believe it happened, It still happened.

Flacco has more wins and appearances and success in playoffs than Cam and a majority of QBs in the league.

"the end"

Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino, guise.

Oh and also Peyton Manning was the best QB in the league last year, clearly, since his team won the SB.

Oh and also again- that's not a circular argument. A circular argument is as follows:

"This cop is racist."

"Why is he racist?"

"Because he killed a black person."

"Why did he kill a black person?"

"Because he's racist."

It's literally a circle, it goes back to its starting point without proving its thesis.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

wins prove you are better-

yeah but defense-

yeah but individual stats-

etc.

it doesnt matter why or how you believe it happened, It still happened.

Flacco has more wins and appearances and success in playoffs than Cam and a majority of QBs in the league.

"the end"

tF5IyZz_zpsuxmicwyw.gif

Eagles are a joke.

They are about to face the first real team and Wentz is about to see a real front 7. The hype stops Sunday.

• Downvote 1

Eagles are a joke.

They are about to face the first real team and Wentz is about to see a real front 7. The hype stops Sunday.

He's bout to go 22/39 for 239 yards 2 TDs and an INT :yep: