Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Which 0-2 team finishes with the best record?

20 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Buffalo Bills
    • Chicago Bears
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Miami Dolphins
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Washington Redskins

Historically about 12% of teams who start 0-2 make the playoffs, those of you who are good at fractions know that's 1/8 and those who can count know we have 8 0-2 teams this year, that means statistically one of these teams will make the playoffs (shut up, that's totally how statistics work) so make your pick, who recovers?

Not sure any are very likely this year, but I guess I'll go with Indy.

Colts are overrated trash. Literally Luck dragging team. Jags are a mess. LolBills. LolBears. LolBrowns. LolPhins. Redskins are losing hope with Kirk and that team is pretty bad in terms of talent. I'll go Saints. Breesus is always dangerous enough to steal a game or two and go 8-8 or 9-7. If Carolina doesn't start showing up a lot quicker in games this may be a close NFC South race.

• Upvote 2

Can I say none? the AFC South is probably the worst group of the bunch and the Colts can just coast on divisional wins, but like I'm not really feeling it.

I'll take Colts, Jaguars,Bills, Saints to make the playoffs.

do you actually expect all four of those teams to make the playoffs? or are you just listing four so that you can claim you were right as long as one of the four has a decent recovery?

This is tough, the Colts, Jags, and Phins are all teams I expected to be halfway decent, but I'm not surprised to see them stumble out of the gates and wouldn't be surprised if none of these teams finish with more than 5 wins

• Upvote 2

I think the Phins are gonna be better later in the year than they have been off the blocks. I think they're a playoff team, but that defense needs to play up to its potential.

Jacoby Biscuit & the ragtag white guys in Boston are better than whatever group Rex Ryan shits out this year. The Bills and Dolphins are both 6-10 or below teams.

if the Patriots keep running into bad luck,the Bills are very good chance. Dont surprised if they/Bills are 4-4 and still in the running.

I'm keeping to my off season predict. I said Bills and Jags were getting in.

the Bills and Jags might be questionable but the Colts and Saints are definitely getting into the playoffs.

your avatar makes me read your quotes funny.

That bad luck that's got the Patriots at 2-0? They'll get Gronk back in the next week or two and Brady back in a couple weeks, they'll be fine. Everyone said before the season they'll be fine as long as they can start 2-2, they've already got the 2 wins so I'm not worried about them.

Nonetheless, I applaud you for the bold prediction, though it is odd to see someone who seems to base his predictions so much on historical trends would predict something that as far as I can tell has never happened (4 teams starting 0-2 making the playoffs in the same season)

The Saints. Simply because they have lost two close games. I feel with Brees, they have potential to beat anyone on any day. But as a team, they have pretty low ceiling. WC at best and that is still pretty unlikely.

The Redskins still have a cupcake schedule for the most part so they could be in the running. However, the wheels on the bus are looking shaky. From the outside looking in, I'm not really sure Gruden has control over the locker room. And this has been an alarming theme during his tenure there.

I feel the Texans are the best overall team in the Jags/Colts division. I don't like either teams chances of making the playoffs in the wild card when there are stronger teams in the other AFC divisions. Same goes for the Dolphins.

Edited by BJOSA
  • Upvote 1

Saints have lost two games at the very end and if their defense can play like they did in Week 2 every week than they're going to be dangerous.

It won't. Saints defense sucks, last week was an anomaly. The Saints are going to have to go into rebuild pretty soon the team is too bad to compete with a loaded Panthers squad and an improving Bucs team. Hell, even the Falcons have more overall talent than Nawlins, the Saints needed these two early games in a bad way.

everyone are sheep and fools. I'm not everyone.

Can't wait for Tom Brady to dab on your shit predictions.

Edited by 2-14
  • Upvote 1

no matter what the Pats do in regular season and or playoffs, I already said they arent getting to a SB.

I wont be wrong about that.

Tom Brady doesnt care about anyone here or know I'm alive.

taking The Field? always a bold choice

• Upvote 1

no matter what the Pats do in regular season and or playoffs, I already said they arent getting to a SB.

I wont be wrong about that.

Tom Brady doesnt care about anyone here or know I'm alive.

Yeah we know. The 0-2 Colts and the Sam Bradford-led Vikings are meeting in the Super Bowl.

Honestly, the Vikings are more likely, lmao.

taking The Field? always a bold choice

While he does do so here, he predicted Colts vs Vikings for the SB, albeit that was before Bridgewater's injury. Not sure if he's changed his mind on the Vikes or not, still thinks they are going 11-5 at worst.

Sadford could do well enough to fill Teddy's shoes. The biggest concern is that running game.

I... what? Are you just making things up out of thin air now? I thought the Vikings way overpaid for a journeyman QB who has never shown that he can be a franchise QB. Going to get a QB makes perfect sense if you think you're a SB contender with a good one.

I thought- and still do- that it was a desperate move from a franchise that either A) was incredibly stupid because it was a one year rental or B) meant that Bridgewater's injury was so bad that the Vikes were afraid he would never be able to come back.

Trading for another QB, after sacrificing a first and a fourth rounder for Sam makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless he gets hurt too. You'd essentially be throwing the first two picks in the garbage- or to look at it another way, giving up a first and a fourth rounder for a month long rental of an career average QB.

The fact that I even have to explain that to someone is rather silly, tbh.

I mean, unless you are saying they'd trade a low pick for a better backup than Shaun Hill, which would make a slight bit more sense, but you imply they'd trade for another starter by saying that Bradford might not even be starting a month from now, so that kinda throws that theory out the window.

Edited by Thanatos

Sadford could do well enough to fill Teddy's shoes. The biggest concern is that running game.

I think Sammy's shoes can surpass Teddy's shoes.

Bradford might not even be the QB a month from now.

only if he gets hurt, so yeah, you're right, there's a decent chance Bradford isn't starting a month from now

I meant to bump this earlier in the week, but we're now about halfway through the season so it seemed like time to update (I also realized I hadn't voted, pretty sure I would have landed on Indy so I added that vote)

Here are the current records of the teams that started 0-2:

Bills: 4-5

Bears: 2-6

Browns: 0-10

Colts: 4-5

Jags: 2-6

Dolphins: 4-4

Saints: 4-4

Redskins: 4-3-1

so at this point the Skins are the only one that's over .500, but it's gonna be tight for who finishes with the best record

Updates at the third quarter mark of the season:

Here are the current records of the teams that started 0-2:

Bills: 6-6

Bears: 3-9

Browns: 0-12

Colts: 6-6

Jags: 2-10

Dolphins: 7-5

Saints: 5-7

Redskins: 6-5-1

So, the Dolphins, Redskins, and Colts are the top three right now and all are very close to the playoffs, the Dolphins are currently #7 in the AFC, one game behind Denver for the second WC, the Redskins are #7 in the NFC, half a game behind Tampa for the second WC, and Indy is only behind Houston based on the tiebreaker for the top of the AFC South.

and final records:

Bills: 7-9

Bears: 3-13

Browns: 1-15

Colts: 8-8

Jags: 3-13

Dolphins: 10-6

Saints: 7-9

Redskins: 8-7-1

so two teams got above .500 (one of them by the skin of their teeth) and only one managed to get into the playoffs