Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Peterson Out For Several Months; Will Have Meniscus Repaired

The way AP was running, I think I could make him expendable. The guy is done.

• Upvote 1

Hillman? Grab McKinnon. Dude is going to feast with people backed out of the box.

Adrian Peterson said he is interested in playing for the Texans, Bucs, and Giants.

Peterson is still under contract with the Vikings, but there seems to be little hope he remains with the team next season. Owed $18 million in salary and bonuses including a $6 million roster bonus due on March 11, there is also little chance any team trades for the aging star. That means Peterson should have his pick of the litter once he is released, but none of these teams are viable options right now. The Texans just spent a lot of money on Lamar Miller, and Peterson is not a good fit in the Giants' shotgun-heavy attack. The Bucs could be an option if they decide to move on from Doug Martin, but Peterson is not a better player than Martin at this point in his career and might end up costing more. Along with Tony Romo, Peterson's search for a new team will be one of the biggest storylines this offseason.

He's done, but far from irrelevant. The Vikings could have used him last year and i'm not talking about whoever it was that suited up in that number 28 jersey last year.

Vikings would be wise to use that $18m to build a offensive line.

• Upvote 1

Vikings would be wise to use that $18m to build a offensive line.

You need a wall built? I happen to know a guy.

• Upvote 2

Canada isn't gonna pay for it though.

CUT HIM.

He is not worth the hassle. Heck, the first thing he did when he came back this season is sabotage the game against Indianapolis by fumbling away the last chance the Vikings had to recover and get into the game. Fuck Adrian Peterson.

My mom and grandpa are big Viking fans and they too don't want him back. It's kind of weird (but maybe not) because they don't have any kind of attachment to Peterson as a Viking. What he has produced speaks for itself, but they rarely speak of the good days or talk about what he accomplished. He may as well have never been a Viking at all.

That's what happens when a player fumbles away thr two biggest playoff games for the team in the last 20 years. That's what happens when you hit a 4 year old with a tree branch.

I could go on. Fuck this guy.

Vikings announced they will not pick up Adrian Peterson's 2017 option, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Minnesota was never going to pick up Peterson's $18 million option, but GM Rick Spielman has not closed the door on the running back returning. "Adrian is an important part of the Minnesota Vikings organization," Spielman said. "We will continue to have conversations with his representatives and leave our future options open while determining what is best for both parties." Peterson will certainly want to test his value on the open market, but he might be disappointed by what he finds, opening the door for the Vikings to re-sign him on a more cost-friendly deal. Peterson has expressed interest in playing for the Texans, Bucs, and Giants while also saying the "door is still open" for a return to Minnesota. The Raiders are another interesting possibility.
Source: vikings.com

Why would anyone want him at this point? Done.

Why would anyone want him at this point? Done.

Somebody will lol