Who stays undefeated the longest?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Take your pick

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Denver Broncos
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • New England Patriots
    • Philadelphia Eagles

Well we're down to five undefeated teams so it seems like about time to get this thread going. Here's the schedule for the next five weeks for each team in case anyone wants to pick based on matchups:

Baltimore:

v. :Raiders:

v. :Redskins:

@ :Giants:

@ :Jets:

BYE

Denver:

@ :Bucs:

v. :Falcons:

@ :Chargers:

v. :Texans:

v. :Chargers:

Minnesota:
v. :Giants:

v. :Texans:

BYE

@ :Eagles:

@ :Bears:

New England:

v. :Bills:

@ :Browns:

v. :Bengals:

@ :Steelers:

@ :Bills:

Philly:

BYE

@ :Lions:

@ :Redskins:

v. :Vikings:

@ :Cowboys:

Potential remaining matchups of unbeatens:

Week 7: Vikings @ Eagles

Week 14: Ravens @ Patriots

Week 15: Eagles @ Ravens, Patriots @ Broncos

Edited by oochymp

The Patriots could have Brucie from Longest yard at QB and still manage to win

I will say the Patriots because they play the Bills and Browns next. The Broncos would be my next pick. With that defense being top 2 in the NFL. And Mr Trevor playing as well as he is, it's a toss up.

I'm quite done underestimating Denver.

Broncos are going to just keep getting better if Sieman keeps settling in.

I went with Denver largely based on the weak upcoming schedule

I'm quite done underestimating Denver.

Broncos are going to just keep getting better if Sieman keeps settling in.

Please keep underestimating Denver.

They won't be losing to Atlanta or New Orleans barring a fluke game :nope:

Loaded offense at the skill positions. One of the best defenses in the league, if not the best. Against two teams with mediocre offenses and mediocre defenses. The only excuse to lose is Brees going fucking insane.

What's this silly fluke crap? If it happens, it happens. There's no excuse for it. It will be because of an inferior Denver offense. At some point inexperience will lose.

Lmao. The Broncos won the damn Super Bowl with a QB who threw 9 TDs and 17 INTs. You think the Falcons or the Saints pose a threat to Denver? Barring a complete fluke of a game they will dominate both teams. ATL's offensive line is just that- offensive. Matt Ryan will get sacked ten times.

You ridiculously overrate the Falcons and Saints. They are both literally bottom 10 teams in the NFL.

The Falcons are simply not a good team. They just don't have enough elite and very good players. Just not enough talent there to compete.

Who have they got, seriously?

An above average QB, an elite WR, an elite CB annndddddd.... I'm drawing blanks. Vic Beasley was supposed to be a great OLB, but so far this year he's been damn quiet. Paul Worrilow? Lots of tackles in the stat sheets, overall not so great. Maybe I'm overlooking someone, but 3-5 guys that are very good to elite is not going to cut it.

The Saints are hanging onto the edge of Rebuild Cliff. Only the fact that Drew Brees is defying Father Time and is a top-5 QB somehow still, and a future HoFer has prevented them from falling off of it. Their defense is god awful, injuries haven't helped. Brandin Cooks is a very good WR. Willie Snead is a good one. That O-line has one or two decent players on it. The D-line, LB corps- exception Stephone Anthony- and secondary- exception Delvin Breaux, who is now hurt- all suck ass.

Denver has the best secondary in the league, no one else is close except maybe Seattle- who dominated the Saints the last time they were any good, back in 2013- they have a top-5 front seven unit, they probably have 3 top-10 corners, at least two for sure, two pro bowl WRs, a RB who is making me wish to God I had taken him in fantasy in round 2 when I had the chance, an O-line that is vastly improved from last season and a QB that is most certainly better than Peyton Manning was last year. The year they won the SB and shut down the top scoring offense in the NFL and the #2 scoring offense in the NFL along the way.

Falcons and Aints dont have a prayer outside of Drew Brees playing absolutely out of his goddamned mind.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 2

Not going to make rookie mistakes? 9 TDs to 17 INTs is fucking terrible.

In three games he was 55% for 539 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT. That's pretty disappointing.

Okay pay attention. PEYTON MANNING WAS THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR. THE BRONCOS WON THE SB BY RUNNING THE BALL AMD HAVING AN INSANE DEFENSE. THEY DID NOT WIN IT BECAUSE OF PEYTON MANNING BEING GOOD.

• Upvote 2

Didn't Siemien come in as essentially a rookie and beat the Carolina Panthers? And that's even after the Broncos lost Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. Literally the very next NFL game played shows that you're wrong. Hand the ball off to CJ and make a few 5-10 yard passes and with that defense you can win a SB.

If you dont need a veteran QB to win it means there is no such thing as best of the best. Just a bunch of sloppy bullsh-- and anyone can plug in some stupid QB and win.

Or it means that there are 53 players on the roster and you need contributions from all of them to win a championship

• Upvote 1

there is no such thing as a defense that can win a game. you need to score points on offense. Put a rookie under center last year and there is no SB for Denver.

Defense wins championships is an illiterate intellectually false statement, Until a defense somehow leads the the league in scoring.

The 2013 Seattle Seahawks beg to differ. Their defense literally outscored the Broncos.

Just because someone is a vet doesn't automatically make him better than a rookie. Nor does it mean "everyone sucks" if a rookie leads a team deep in the playoffs. Maybe that rookie is just that good. Maybe the team around them is amazing. The better the team is around them, the worse the QB can be and still win the SB or at least compete for it.

Peyton Manning was, at the very best, a bottom 5 QB last year. Objective fact. That defense won them the Super Bowl. This is another fact. Hell, they nearly outscored the Panthers offense by themselves. Actually now that I think about it, they basically did.

Let's say Denver's offense never gains a yard the whole game. They kick FGs whenever a turnover gives them the ball in FG range, but they never convert it into six and they never get any closer.

In this scenario, guess what? Denver still wins the game 13-10. (Defensive TD, FG after being given the ball at the 4, and another FG off the punt return). Peyton Manning was awful. He was carried to the win. You are delusional if you think Brock Osweiler wouldn't have also beaten the Panthers or basically any other QB in the league.

Lmao. I'm done. There is no arguing with the brick wall of stupidity on display in this thread.

Siemian has faced pressure, taken some big sacks, thrown multiple ugly INTs in games, and has yet to be rattled. The amount of POISE that he has shown under the gun is insane, and imo quite uncommon in a QB this young. Last year, Peypey would throw a pick, and be completely shaken the rest of the game, compounding mistake after mistake. Peypey was the one playing like an inexperienced QB.

Siemian will never play a perfect game, but he doesn't have to because our defense will have his back. I don't know for sure if we'll be the last undefeated team, but of the bunch I think it could happen.

and if you're somehow under the impression that a defense can't win a game, you didn't watch the last superbowl, like at all.

I just realized poise is my football version of moist.

• Upvote 1

Getting back on track and winning those games is the very football-definition of not getting rattled.

Beating 1st and 3rd seeds from last year's playoffs means Denver is a good team. Beating the Colts was also not a given as they had taken it to us hard the last few years.

What are you basing your argument off of? Your mistaking an OPINION for a FACT. I don't get it?

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

well, the answer is not New England or Baltimore so WeaponX20, FartWaffles, RazorStar, SteVo, Sparty, Sarge, Packers Dynasty 2010, and PhilElliot are all wrong (and the rest of us could be too if Denver doesn't hold on) want to make a second guess?

Edited by oochymp

well, the answer is not New England or Baltimore so WeaponX20, FartWaffles, RazorStar, SteVo, Sparty, Sarge, Packers Dynasty 2010, and PhilElliot are all wrong (and the rest of us could be too if Denver doesn't hold on) want to make a second guess?

I regussed and picked the Eagles