Bucman

Browns part ways with Josh Gordon

According to Hue Jackson, Browns are ready to move on from the often troubled pothead WR.

So does this idiot get another chance or is this it for his career?

Consider his opportunity squandered. I don't know how old he is or care to look it up but anyone over 20 shouldn't be smoking weed for recreation. For your sake, I hope your half as good at managing a Walgreens as you were at catching a football.

Lucking foser.

I don't want him. and weeds is still against the drug agreement even if it's legal in the state he plays in.

He's just so good on the field, though... Sign him to some super incentive-laden deal with poison pills galore and you will be set. If he actually gets suspended again, it's probably over, but until then... Bring him to Green Bay.

• Upvote 1

He won't be done in the league. He's entered rehab so at least one team will give him a shot just due to his level of talent and play maker ability. If he then squanders the chance like this then he is done.

Suspended WR Josh Gordon remains banned indefinitely until further notice from the NFL.

Gordon checked himself into rehab a few days ago after a recent "slip-up" with alcohol. On indefinite suspension, Gordon isn't allowed to drink or do any other drugs. We're no longer going to hold our breath waiting for Gordon to play football again. His off-field life is a mess
that needs fixing first.

This is a tragedy The fact that they won't let this dude play because he smokes weed is a joke. gtfo He's as good as any WR in the league when he's actually on the field.

• Upvote 1

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated Josh Gordon on a conditional basis.

He must have impressed Goodell at his reinstatement hearing on Wednesday. Gordon is eligible to resume practicing with the Browns on November 20, putting him on track for a Week 13 return. When Gordon sees the field, it will be his first game action since 2014. It's anyone's guess what Gordon has left after missing most of the last three years due to repeated substance abuse violations, but he led the league in receiving yards as a 22-year-old in 2013 and should be a worthy stash in all formats.

One more time around....

I am all for the cat smoking weed, but god damn. How retarded do you have to be? If your employer says dont smoke weed and they are willing to pay you millions, STOP SMOKING FUCKING WEED. Jesus. He is the Jon Jones of the NFL.

It sounds like he had real addiction problems that went beyond just smoking too much. Hopefully he's better now though.

Consider his opportunity squandered. I don't know how old he is or care to look it up but anyone over 20 shouldn't be smoking weed for recreation. For your sake, I hope your half as good at managing a Walgreens as you were at catching a football.

But yet it's socially acceptable for grown ass people to get drunk and act like complete jackasses.

It sounds like he had real addiction problems that went beyond just smoking too much. Hopefully he's better now though.

Motivation and discipline...it cures addiction. I have seen no less than 100 examples.

Motivation and discipline...it cures addiction. I have seen no less than 100 examples.

Ok? And it seems like he's been on the right path, so good for him. What's your point?

Ok? And it seems like he's been on the right path, so good for him. What's your point?

I'm saying he finally found it, or so it seems. Whatever his motivation was it worked. Either that or he lacked discipline and he now has it...hopefully permanently.

Edited by Omerta

But yet it's socially acceptable for grown ass people to get drunk and act like complete jackasses.

Where is it socially acceptable to act like a complete jackass while drunk? Maybe at a high school graduation. Most adults aren’t putting up with that kind of drunk.

Smoking weed and drinking is just irresponsible regardless of age, occupation, whatever. I don’t care if you do it, I do it, but I’m not gonna feel bad for anyone that loses their job because of it.

Where is it socially acceptable to act like a complete jackass while drunk? Maybe at a high school graduation. Most adults arent putting up with that kind of drunk.

You should come to a Bills game sometime.

Where is it socially acceptable to act like a complete jackass while drunk? Maybe at a high school graduation. Most adults aren’t putting up with that kind of drunk.

Smoking weed and drinking is just irresponsible regardless of age, occupation, whatever. I don’t care if you do it, I do it, but I’m not gonna feel bad for anyone that loses their job because of it.

Sport games, concerts, bars, parties. Nor should you there is a time and a place and at work isn't one of them

I wouldn’t call it socially acceptable even at those places. If you’re really bad, a bar is cutting you off and throwing you out. A good bar, anyways. Same with concerts, sporting events. If I see a guy totally out of it or acting like a jackass at a Browns game I don’t say “oh yeah it’s a Football game, that’s okay” I say “Jesus Christ, what a fucking loser.” You got me with parties though, there are certain parties that will encourage you to drink and it would be acceptable to act like an animal. That’s fine and dandy, but like I said, irresponsible regardless.

Work is certainly not the time and place, as an NFL player he’s on the clock from the moment he signs that contract to the moment he retires. Stop doing drugs, or stop playing. Your choice bud.

Watch badminton then.