Bucman

Browns part ways with Josh Gordon

In an interview with GQ, Josh Gordon admits he played under the influence of alcohol or drugs "probably every game of my career."

That includes Gordon's time at Baylor. "I used to make a ritual of it before every game,'' Gordon said. "If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system." Gordon said he would take shots to "warm up" his system, and "get the motor running." The entire interview is worth reading. Gordon is scheduled to report to the Browns on Tuesday, and can return to game action in Week 13.
Source: GQ.com

How much did all of the noise and criticism get to you?

A lot. Every day. That's why I had to move out of Cleveland. I went to Gainesville specifically because I thought there'd be nobody there that would know who I was. Living in Cleveland, sometimes it could be a nightmare. I've been harassed, had drinks thrown at me. I've been [followed] in the grocery store, heckled everywhere. At the games, people harassed and heckled my brothers and my mom. [My] brothers got into fights in the stands. Cars [have] been jumped on. Somebody dented the hood of the car. Had to sue a guy and get the money back cause he damaged the car. People are throwing money, pennies, to break the windows. So Cleveland was rough, man.

And these are Cleveland fans?

These are Cleveland fans. That experience followed me everywhere I went. So I'm always like: Who recognizes me? Like, Josh, nobody knows who the fuck you are. You play for the Browns. That still is tough to deal with. But the more I do all this stuff and let people know exactly what I'm going through, the more I hope people can let the kids be.

:welp:

Edited by Vin

jeepers