Vin

Giants @ Vikings

Munnerlyn doesn't suck anymore? What changed?

He's in the correct role as purely a nickel player. He's absolute shit as a starter/every down player.

They are a talented group, but I think Zimmer has a lot to do with that. His defenses are fantastic.

Is Terrance Newman gonna make Odell cry on national television?

:yep:

:Giants: 24

:Vikings: 30

Ok, it was Xavier Rhodes making him cry, but the point still stands. :D

Did Beckham cry at any point?

On that note, I actually feel really badly for him in that he did in the first place against Washington. How low can your self-worth be, in your own eyes, if you allow something to make you cry on television? It's one thing to be emotional, it's another to be so out of control that you can't control your emotions enough to keep them off screen.

If he really is that unstable, I hope he seeks help.

You could tell the emotions got the better of him again tonight. He let the fact that he wasn't targeted like at all the first half and the personal foul really get to him. He lost concentration, dropped some easy short passes, then he and Eli weren't on the same page for that INT (probably OBJs fault, but I bet Eli will take credit for it)... Great receiver, but he's very weak, mentally speaking.

EDIT: Also, with that said, he will kick our ass next week on SNF and get his mojo back. I feel it already.

Edited by Favre4Ever

OBJ is the biggest bitch in the league. Now every corner knows to get in his head to take him out of the game

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wayne's is average at best and bad on most. So well just agree to disagree.

Wayne's is average at best and bad on most. So well just agree to disagree.

Sorry, man, but you haven't watching Trae Waynes all year like I have. Has he allowed some receptions? Yes. Has he been bad at all? Not in the slightest. Has he been average? Not in the slightest. There are teams who would kill to have Trae Waynes right now. He's glued to his cover, breaks up and intercepts passes, and tackles extremely well. The guy isn't a stud, yet, but I think with his combination of speed, ball skills, and tackling, he's well on his way there.

Still amazes me it took so long for Zimmer to get a HC job. The guy just continues to win despite injuries to 2 of his biggest offensive pieces.

McDaoo better get control of OBJ. The book is out in him now. Jam him at the line, get him frustrated and he is a liability to the team. Need to start motioning him and get him away from the press.

He also needs to take some responsibility. He brought all this on himself and could've been ejected for bumping the ref. He doesn't seem to think what he is doing is wrong though

Yall appear to all sorely underestimate Minnesota and/or overrate Big Blue.

As I said. Minnesota is the best team in the NFC and its not really that close at the moment.

And Bware is correct, anyone taking NYG's corners or secondary over the Vikes is on something.

Speaking in a Tuesday radio interview, Odell Beckham said "I'm not having fun anymore."

"Football is my sanctuary," Beckham said. "It's where I go to escape. It's where I'm most happy. I'm not having fun anymore." Beckham was commenting on the intense scrutiny paid to his on-field behavior. Beckham has been under the microscope since last year's duel with Josh Norman. Beckham received a taunting penalty in Monday's loss to the Vikings. The attention paid to Beckham's behavior has certainly been a bit much, but both his coach and teammates have said he needs to rein in his emotions. Beckham is off to a slow start, but as was the case with Julio Jones, an explosion should be coming.
Source: ESPN.com

I'm not a big Trae Waynes fan. Not a hater, but just not a fan necessarily (yet). He played well against NYG. He had a great pass defense in the endzone that was called for DPI for some stupid reason, but overall I thought he played well against a very talented group of receivers. I think if he had gone anywhere else, he'd be a flop. But Zimmer is getting his hands on him and molding him into the DB he wants.

You don't honestly believe the changes you made, right? Under no circumstances are the Giants DL, pass rushers, and secondary better than the Vikings lol. It's not even close. JPP is arguably the most overrated player in the NFL

I think the group of Vernon, Harrison, Hankins, and JPP is better than Robison, Griffen, Floyd, and Joseph. Pass rushers is an odd term. The LBs are better for sure. Barr is a beast.

Yeah a healthy Giants DB group is better than a healthy Vikings DB group IMO. DRC, Hall, Jenkins, and Apple. That's much deeper at CB than Rhodes, Newman, Waynes, and Munnerlyn. I like Smith and Sendejo, but Collins and Thompson are both solid as well. I'd probably give an edge to Vikings safeties and an edge to Giants corners, but as a whole package give me the Giants secondary. IIRC Giants were down Apple and Thompson or something though during that game.

I think the group of Vernon, Harrison, Hankins, and JPP is better than Robison, Griffen, Floyd, and Joseph. Pass rushers is an odd term. The LBs are better for sure. Barr is a beast.

Yeah a healthy Giants DB group is better than a healthy Vikings DB group IMO. DRC, Hall, Jenkins, and Apple. That's much deeper at CB than Rhodes, Newman, Waynes, and Munnerlyn. I like Smith and Sendejo, but Collins and Thompson are both solid as well. I'd probably give an edge to Vikings safeties and an edge to Giants corners, but as a whole package give me the Giants secondary. IIRC Giants were down Apple and Thompson or something though during that game.

Linval Joseph is grading as a top DT in football, and Everson Griffin is better than both JPP and Vernon. You're also forgetting Danielle Hunter, who has been an absolute beast so far. Minnesota's DL is probably grading out as the best in football right now, or damn close. I can't find any evaluations yet, but between them and Los Angeles, it's probably pretty close.

I can see liking the pairing of DRC and Jenkins better than the cumulative of the Vikings corners, but Xavier Rhodes is better than both of them, but both of them are better than any other Vikings corner. Give me one elite corner and a bunch of solid, high-upside guys over two very good corners. Xavier Rhodes opens up so much in the Vikings defense. There's a reason Harrison Smith can blitz so much when Xavier is on the field.

I do not personally like Sendejo, but he has improved greatly over the past two seasons. I couldn't believe they paid him this offseason, but I'm starting to see why. Still, give me either Giants Safety over him.

What I will acknowledge is that we simply don't know how much better certain players in the Vikings defense are looking simply because they can all just do their jobs. There is not one single weak spot, no individual to attack. Nobody has to do more than what their job is on each and every play.