Sign in to follow this  
Wentz World

Panic button or relax?

The NFL season is a quarter of the way done and multiple teams from last years playoffs find themselves in a slump. Figured I'd start a game of Panic or Relax.

Basically you pick a team that is slumping and tell us if its time for the fans to panic or relax.

Ill start it off with the Panthers.

The Panthers are currently 1-3 and face Buccaneers, @Saints, bye and Cardinals. They have a chance to be back at .500 going into the bye. The defense is young at CB and those guys will get better over the course of the season. I still think they win the division or make the playoffs as a Wild Card. Too much talent there for them to be on the outside looking in.

RELAX

I understand why you say relax because none of their upcoming opponents are very good, but all have damn nice aerial weapons and gunslinger QBs. There is the chance that Carolina's secondary continues to get torched. I say panic.

Arizona Cardinals?

I understand why you say relax because none of their upcoming opponents are very good, but all have damn nice aerial weapons and gunslinger QBs. There is the chance that Carolina's secondary continues to get torched. I say panic.

Arizona Cardinals?

I think the Cardinals should be in panic mode if Carson Palmer misses the Thursday night game which is likely because of the concussion protocol he is in. They still could beat the 9ers with Stanton at QB, but I don't see it happening. As bad as the 49ers are, Drew Stanton is very very bad. They could be staring 2-6 in the face.

I agree that the Cardinals should start panicking. They dropped 2 very winnable games against the Bills and Rams and have a tough stretch coming up. I'm not sure what's wrong with their offense, but they've looked a little out of sync this year other than against the Bucs who everyone has torched.

How about the Jets?

Edited by AllYouNeedIsLovie

I say panic for both. For Carolina, Cam Newton is off and these hits are only going to continue. They seem to be in some type of slump. They are missing Norman as well. I wonder how the coaching staff will handle Newton the rest of the season.

For the Cards, Seattle will be a top NFC team and the RAMS are 3-1. Carson Palmer has picked up where he left off in the NFFCG last year. I don't expect him to turn it around.

How about the Jets?

Panic. Fitzpatrick is playing awful. They had their chance to put some pressure on the Patriots during Brady's suspension, and they find themselves two games back.

Arizona- Panic. Carson is continuing his streak of up/down games and the defense has been worse than anticipated.

Carolina- Panic. The secondary is built around having a ferocious front seven that gets to the QB without having to blitz. Carolina's sacks through four games without blitzing? 1, courtesy of Kawann Short yesterday. Carolina issues on offense stem from two OTs that are average to below average, we knew it was a problem and G-man did nothing to address it.

How about the Colts?

Panthers fans should be shook as fuck. That team looks awful. I thought they would regress this year, but not to this extent.

You can't have a winning record and be a panic team. That wouldn't be logical in itself. Omg no we have a winning record, time to turn it in..

You play who is on your schedule. A win is a win. This isnt college where u get style points.

• Upvote 2

parity means everyone sucks. You can be 9-7-a positive record- and suck, in the great scheme of things.

especially this year..you will see a few teams go 9-7 and lead division, get a wild card or not make playoffs at all. So,is the 9-7 team that made the playoffs better than the 9-7 team that didnt? Parity.....

the Packers may well be a 9-7 or even 10-6 team that misses the playoffs while the Eagles, Saints and/or Falcons get in their way.

That doesn't make sense. Parity means if you win , it actually shows your a good team.. if the leagues has parity, every game is no longer a gimme. It's a any given Sunday. So winning records disprove your statement.

Your stretching a bit on parity in the wrong way. Yes there is luck involved in sports. But to make the playoffs, you have to be at least somewhat good to do that.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Parity is more or less this.

Every Sunday you flip a coin. Sometimes you get heads. Sometimes you get tails. Teams like the Bills will occasionally beat the Patriots. The Browns will eventually get a win. The flukes will occasionally go on a run like LA. But that coin is weighted. When you flip it enough times, the best team will nearly always rise to the top of the regular season standings. That's what makes the playoffs so insane though. A 15-1 juggernaut could get caught sleeping by a 9-7 wild card team that slipped in but played their best game of the year.

Edited by 7-9

Whaaatttt.

Dude I thought you were getting better but you've taken several huge steps backwards recently. You are no longer even making sense.

STOP THAT WINNING DENVER. PHIL SAYS YOU CANT WIN GAMES OR EVERYONE ELSE MUST BE BAD!

where do you get that crap, that parity means winning means so and so is a good team?

no one is a good team with a majority of sub par QBs and free agents bouncing from team to team so no team has the time to really gel. Parity leads to no consistency.

the poor product is right there in your face week after week and you still cant see it?

when a QB like Bradford can go to a team cold and start after only one week and win,it obviously means the entire product is sub par. when teams are winning games coming from behind a 14 point deficit in the 4th qtr,it obviously means the league sucks.

when teams are winning with rookie QBs,it means the quality of play is poor.

in an actual quality league, Denver Phila.,Dallas would not be winning games.

Bro do you even know the definition of parity?