oochymp

When will the Browns get their next win?

16 members have voted

1. 1. Take your shot

• Weeks 5-8 (v. New England, @ Tennessee, @ Cincinnati, v. NY Jets)
    • Weeks 9-12 (v. Dallas, @ Baltimore, v. Pittsburgh, v. NY Giants)
    • Weeks 13-17 (BYE, v. Cincinnati, @ Buffalo, v. San Diego, @ Pittsburgh)
    • 2017 maybe?

I think the thread title says it all, now that we're down to one winless team this seems like the best way to force discussion of the bottom of the league.

I've subdivided the remaining schedule into four game blocks because I didn't want to create 13 options, but please call out a specific game, it'll make the discussion more interesting.

And just to confirm what you're probably thinking, the opponents are listed in the order the Browns play them.

Edited by oochymp

Calling my shot, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Be There.

All I'm going to say is they better beat the Titans.

Jesus that schedule.

They'll snag one against SD Buffalo or Tennessee.

I wanna say they will upset the Patriots because it just seems like a trap game. I remember when they beat the Patriots and Saints the same year.

They've been some what competitive in every game so far, besides week 1. But until they figure out how to close out games, they may lose every game this year.

• Upvote 2

^ as made famous by :smug:

Lets just start looking forward to next year.

Anyone seen any good mock drafts lately?

If we lost to the Browns.. I'd personally hire a hitman to kill Mularkey.

Wait.. go Browns..

that would make three seasons in a row with a loss to Cleveland, it'll probably happen :puke:

It's going to take an act of god for the Browns to win. Hell at this point losing to the Browns probably isn't covered by your insurance anymore.

Like a good neighbor, State Farm shits on your lawn and laughs haughtily after you lose to the Browns.

They got Jamie Collins now though... times are changing in brownsland!

Edited by RazorStar

Browns just got their first win of the season. They won a trade. :yao:

They're beating us. It will be the rubber-stamp on the lolBillsFail season.

Browns just got their first win of the season. They won a trade. :yao:

The Browns absolutely did not win that trade. Collins is a free agent at the end of the year so Cleveland could have just signed him this offseason. This might give them a slightly higher chance of getting him next year, I've heard the argument that they now get half a season to convince him that the Browns are an organization worth playing for and there's obviously the possibility of using the franchise tag on him, but did this increase their chances of having him long term enough to justify a late 3rd/early 4th round pick? Because he's not going to make enough of a difference this season.

The Browns absolutely did not win that trade. Collins is a free agent at the end of the year so Cleveland could have just signed him this offseason. This might give them a slightly higher chance of getting him next year, I've heard the argument that they now get half a season to convince him that the Browns are an organization worth playing for and there's obviously the possibility of using the franchise tag on him, but did this increase their chances of having him long term enough to justify a late 3rd/early 4th round pick? Because he's not going to make enough of a difference this season.

He could become a free agent and received a fucking outrageous contract offer from a team like Miami who would roll out the red carpet. Browns at least get him into a place where he might feel slightly comfortable after several games and can work with him the whole way on offers that gradually come together. They also get a really good look at how talented he is and if they are comfortable dropping big money. If he impresses them I wouldn't be shocked to see them give him a deal like a 5/85 or something. They have a shitload of cap room and figure to build mostly through the draft.

Stupid trade for them. It makes zero sense to be trading a pick for a player when your 0-7 and still years away from competing

He could become a free agent and received a fucking outrageous contract offer from a team like Miami who would roll out the red carpet. Browns at least get him into a place where he might feel slightly comfortable after several games and can work with him the whole way on offers that gradually come together. They also get a really good look at how talented he is and if they are comfortable dropping big money. If he impresses them I wouldn't be shocked to see them give him a deal like a 5/85 or something. They have a shitload of cap room and figure to build mostly through the draft.

like I said, it slightly increases the odds of him signing with the Browns, but is that worth a 3rd/4th round pick?

Slightly increases the odds? They can franchise tag him.

If they're gunna beat anybody it's gunna be the Bengals.

Edited by BC