Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

@BucD, Milla, and any other Bucs fans

Yall ready for DA to beat you guys' asses for the third straight time?

Mr. Anderson is disappointed he has to play you guys again, he wanted a chance at an actual oppponent.

jVgzfpI.gif

We don't even need Cam to take down the Bucs. (Which is a good thing since DA is playing better than him.)

Every offseason I hear how Tampa has taken steps forward and every year they stay stuck in neutral.

Panthers gonna get back on track on Monday night and we'll get to hear Jon Gruden tell everyone how DA reminds him of a young Brett Favre.

Edited by Thanatos

Oops.

Ironically DA ended up costing you guys the game with that bone headed throw at the one yard line that Grimes picked off.

That was basically the worst throw I've ever seen him make, and yeah I'd blame him partially for the loss, but a great deal of blame goes squarely on Rivera and Shula for the most boneheaded last 3 minutes of 4th quarter management I've ever seen. Plus of course, that playcall itself, Fozzy and Cap had been gashing you guys on that drive. Why pass at all? Its akin to the Hawks not running Lynch at the goaline.

To expound on the 3 minute coaching debacle:

Situation: 14-14 ballgame, 3:31 to go, Panthers ball at the 25, 3 timeouts.

3 straight fucking runs into the teeth of a Bucs defense that expects it.

Analysis- You do not trust DA to throw the ball after that debacle at the 1 yard line. Fair enough. Still, sitting on the lead like that doesn't really make sense, you're going to have to go for it either now or in OT.

So we punt. Then Tampa gets the ball with 1:54 to go. Their first play is a run that loses 3 yards. I hear a whistle for timeout and assume Tampa is going to stop the clock. Except, no. It's Rivera. Taking a timeout here is the stupidest fucking decision so far, only eclipsed by the one later on. You let the clock run here. I get that you want to have faith in your defense, but why are you willing to let DA go down the field with around 1:30 and no timeouts when it will all be obvious passing plays (this is what would have happened if the Bucs went 3 and out and didnt go out of bounds), when the previous possession you wouldn't let him throw the ball one time? Why not let it go to OT, where time is not a factor and we can have a balanced drive?

Second play: Run, gain of 2, Tampa runs out of bounds. It now should be 3rd and 11 with 1:00 to go and us with all 3 timeouts. Instead its 3rd and 11 with 1:40 to go and us with 2 timeouts.

Tampa converts the 3rd down by throwing to the ONLY WR on the field, who is covered only by Daryl Worley. The Panthers defense was expecting a run. Still double covering Evans makes sense, just in case you're wrong.

The worst play, however, by far, was the timeout Ron took on 3rd and 4 3 plays later. Tampa had 3rd and 4 at around midfield and you fucking call a timeout? How incredibly stupid are you? What's your best/worst scenarios here?

Best case: Defense stops Tampa, you use your third and final timeout. The Bucs punt. From midfield. Barring a fantastic return, you are, at best, at the 20 after a touchback. At worse, you are pinned deep. With zero timeouts. With :40 to play. And with your backup QB who has been shaky as hell so far. Absolutely not a situation that you are going to do anything with but kneel the ball down.

Worst case (What happened): Tampa converts and you gift them a free timeout. Combine that with the refs giving them a second free timeout by calling Evans out of bounds when he was in bounds by two yards and Tampa has plenty of time to get into range. Of course then Ealy makes it a chipshot with a questionable facemask, and its easy pickings there- except its Aguayo and he still could have missed.

In no situation, even with your starting QB, should you be calling a timeout on 3rd and short when any resulting stop is going to result in horrible field position with less than :50 to play and no timeouts. It was mind bogglingly stupid clock management.

Whats funny is I thought Koetter's time management at the end was terrible too. I also hated the lack of faith they seemed to have in Winston at the end. He's certainly not playing his best ball, but handcuffing him on national TV doesn't do anyone any favors. We honestly got lucky with that face mask at the end because we were playing overly conservative which was mind boggling considering how terrible Aguayo has been.

No doubt, this game was a complete shit fest. Both teams are not playing well, are beat to hell and just in desperate need of a spark. I'm glad we pulled out the win, but I'm still concerned about the team. We're getting a bye week to get McCoy, Martin, McDonald, Ayers, Sweezy, etc. healthy and hopefully we can get a run going. Our schedule is softening up slightly and I just hope we can make strides off this. Especially Aguayo, I really hope that game winner gets his head out of the gutter. This team needed some positive mojo and snapping a 6 game losing streak to Carolina is a good way to do that regardless of who was at QB or how ugly it was.