BigBen07

Official Hockey Thread

Bruce Boudreau :rog:

I don't think Bruce should go. His playoff pattern has to be coincidence. It's not like he's going into the locker room after the season is over and saying, "Ok guys, we're going to back off on our offensive intensity and try to win games by scoring only 1-2 goals."

That being said, I'm for moving on from some of our veterans. I'd keep Staal, Granlund, Zucker, and put everybody else on the trade market. I'd love to keep Parise too but he seems to keep getting hurt. I like the core of young players, especially Greenway.

It’s been know for years that Bruce’s team disappears in the playoffs. It happened in. D.C it happened in Anaheim and now in Minnesota.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's the pattern, but what exactly could he be doing that causes that? I don't watch his teams and see them doing anything differently from any other hockey team. It's just coincidence.

Perhaps Boudreau is getting some tips from Andy Reid on how to coach in the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

That's the pattern, but what exactly could he be doing that causes that? I don't watch his teams and see them doing anything differently from any other hockey team. It's just coincidence.

Its not just a coincidence. no reason a team just loses it mojo and falls flat during postseason especially his style of teams other than shitty preparation and or possibly he is just working his too players too hard through out the season. He never had great goaltending until the wild. During his tenures in Washington and Anaheim he usually went into the playoffs with the weakest goaltending unit which is not on him. All in all hes a notable playoff choker when it comes to coaches hes seems noticeably shaken and different comes postseason.

This round is not on him however just a shitty break losing Suter right before playoff time.

Edited by Turry

lol_zps23rxx8qv.jpg

That would be funny if I was really a hockey fan.

Whatever happens, I'm proud of this Avs team giving Nashville a fight.

RIP Flyers season

We've got a ton of young talent on the way, some already showing a lot of promise with the Flyers, but we need to take a hard look at when that talent will give us a chance to win a Cup...and whether or not guys like Giroux and Simmonds will be a part of that.

lol_zps23rxx8qv.jpg

Don't be hating Bay. I laid claim to them before the season even started.

lolBruins. On to Game 7.

Caps-Pens yet again...

Edited by BigBen07

Three-peat vs franchise getting a cup in its first year in existence would be interesting.

Edited by Sparty

Thatta way Winnipeg, all series long. Just don't allow almost 50 shot again :nope:

You guys think Marchessault's overtime goal in game 2 that was called back for goalie interference was a good call? Seems like most people do and I'm still not sure on the exact rules.

Gif of the play here: https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/990438796058677250

Edited by Thanatos

It's a good call. You can tell where jones gets affected. He goes to make a save with the blocker on the Intial shot but on the rebound he ends up getting twisted around.

How about that no goal call in the Pittsburgh game earlier? How can a clear shot of the puck behind the line AND the post not be definitive evidence that it's a goal?

It's a good call. You can tell where jones gets affected. He goes to make a save with the blocker on the Intial shot but on the rebound he ends up getting twisted around.

Does it matter where the goalie is for this? Or whether or not Marchessault is pushed into him?

From that angle it looks like Marchessault is tied up with the D man and glides into jones.

If he was pushed it would been ruled a goal Contact started in the paint with jones. Even if contact was not started on the paint, this is nhl not NHL hitz. A lot of twitter folk seem to forget that. I'd explain more but I'm on my phone.

Evolution%20of%20Brent%20Burns_zpsje43p4

Oh HELL yes! Jets wreck the Preds in their own barn! ONE MORE WIN!

Monday night back in Winnipeg... let's go, boys!

Based on what I've seen so far, I think Winnipeg or Vegas hoists the Cup this year.

The East is turning into my nightmare. Absolutely despise Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Washington. Want them all to lose. I guess I would root for Washington against the other two.

Vegas is just on an absolutely unprecedented run in modern sports. I realize there's some good players on Vegas' team, but good god. I thought they'd be doing good to break even.

This is... I just don't even know what to feel lol. This is so different. The teams I back are normally perennial chokers. Even if Vegas gets swept in the WCF, this year has just been amazing.

Hope Vegas is ready to get cock slapped by a jumbo jet dick :Obama:

Seriously though so good for our city loving walking downtown and seeing the 20 ft goal light go off.

Edited by Turry