BigBen07

Official Hockey Thread

Caps get the monkey off their backs! Pens are done!

Way to go, Washington. Good luck in the ECF vs. the Lightning :)

Holy shit, Burky's been out since game 2 of round 1, we won 2 of 3 without Wilson, and tonight Backy was out, that's half our top six and we still fucking did it, it'll take a while to funny sink in that we bounced Shitsburgh but that was awesome

• Upvote 1

Holy shit, Burky's been out since game 2 of round 1, we won 2 of 3 without Wilson, and tonight Backy was out, that's half our top six and we still fucking did it, it'll take a while to funny sink in that we bounced Shitsburgh but that was awesome

Enjoy this Oochy. Caps definitely earned this win. :)

so happy this is the ECF we get. I'm fine with either team getting to the SCF!

• Upvote 1

It's fitting that the Caps finally win one when they're the underdogs.

Lightning are playing like a well oiled machine, but I bet you everyone thought Pitt would win again versus Washington as well. Anyone's series.

I'm glad Nashville forced game 7, may give us some extra rest before we play the Lightning

I'm glad Nashville forced game 7, may give us some extra rest before we play the Lightning

Actually oochy, the Caps would have started the ECF on May 11 regardless of the result of the Preds-Jets series. That was when it was scheduled to start. :)

Edited by BigBen07

Congrats so far for your Jets Ben! Firmly rooting for a Jets/Caps Final. Either way, just glad the Preds and Penguins aren't in it.

• Upvote 2

Congrats so far for your Jets Ben! Firmly rooting for a Jets/Caps Final. Either way, just glad the Preds and Penguins aren't in it.

Thanks! :) It's been a hell of a ride so far.

lolPredators :p Penguins getting booted I did not expect.

I wonder what the odds were for Vegas making the SCF before the season started... Crazy to think they're just two wins away from getting to the last dance.

I wonder what the odds were for Vegas making the SCF before the season started... Crazy to think they're just two wins away from getting to the last dance.

Odds to win it all were 500-1, not sure of odds to win the West
  • Upvote 1

Holy cow. So anyone who put $100 on them for the hell of it is looking at a $50,000 payday.

• Upvote 1

Holy cow. So anyone who put $100 on them for the hell of it is looking at a $50,000 payday.

Listened to sports radio the other day, and there are a few people that have placed that exact bet. It's funny, because Vegas bookkeepers want the Golden Knights to lose for their money's sake, but at the same time they want to root for the home team. :yao:

Stanley Cup finals baby!!!

Edited by Bucman

Couldn't have asked for a better final, was rooting for this matchup all the way. Fine with either team taking this one, just down to watch some good hockey.

Caps have to get past their old demon in MAF.

I tried taking an optimistic look at the ECF, knowing I would bask in the sadness of whichever fan base lost. So it warms my heart to see Tampa fans show out for game 7 only to watch their team get shut out. Muahahaha.

Anyway, the SCF should be epic. I'll go with Golden Knights in 6, just because I don't think there's any stopping them, but the way Washington has played on the road in these playoffs, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Ovechkin hoisting the Cup in a few weeks.

If feels so wrong whenever there isn't a cold weather team is the SCF

Easily the two best teams if you ask me. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Caps one win away.

They've been the better team in the series and it hasn't really been close, even game 1 they had good chances to win.

The old Caps fold right here and choke this away.

I think these ones will finish this off in six. Couldn't be happier for Ovi and Oshi.

• Upvote 2

Part of me is still hoping for a classic Washington choke-job, though no one has come back from 3-1 in the SCF since 1942 and no one has done it at all since 2015. That said, I'm a sentimentalist, so if Washington is destined to win the Cup, let them win it on home ice.