BigBen07

Official Hockey Thread

Vegas defense getting exposed I keep seeing. No surprise when you have Deryk fucking Engelland out there who just a couple seasons ago or whatever was considered the one of the worst d men in advanced stats while with Calgary.

Not even a broken clock could stop Washington.

Congratulations on winning your first ever Stanley Cup, Capitals!

Also congrats to Oochy and Than and to the rest of the fanbase.

• Upvote 2

Stanley Cup finals baby!!!

Caps!

holy shit, that happened, one of my good friends came up for the game last night, which is why I'm just now getting on here, I've watched a lot of games with him and there's nobody I'd rather share that moment with, that was fucking awesome, I'm glad it was a tight, entertaining game to close it out, the 6-2 game 4 was awesome, but to close it out in tight fashion was awesome and showcased the resilience of this team, gave up the lead in the second period? don't care, and everyone chipping in, loved Eller's GWG, I can't say enough about how fucking awesome this is, this is the team that did it, year 3 of a 2 year plan and we just did it, it's gonna take a lot of self control to not wear a Caps t-shirt to court today

Just wear it underneath the work clothes. :p

This Caps team deserves it for sure. They really came together after last season's disappointment.

Love the end of Ovi's interview :laugh: Also loved how excited he was when he went to get the Cup and when he lifted it. :) Always makes me smile seeing that.

Edited by BigBen07

So, uhhh...

What the fuck is happening in Ottawa?

So, uhhh...

What the fuck is happening in Ottawa?

They're giving the Avs Jack Hughes next year. :smug:

I'm pretty happy with Rierden as head coach, and we've had a great offseason. Unloading Orpik's contract was awesome, then using the space to get Carlson a long term deal, then bringing back Devo and Kempny. We're pretty well set up for next season. Only problem is it sounds like Beagle is gonna sign somewhere else.

I was on vacation and completely missed that Trotz is out...what the hell happened?

I was on vacation and completely missed that Trotz is out...what the hell happened?

Here's a detailed explanation: Barry Trotz is stepping down as head coach of the Washington Capitals Russian Machine Never Breaks

Short version: Trotz's contract was essentially up, winning the Cup triggered an optional two year extension that would have paid him $1.8M per year, he wanted $5M and a longer term. Couldn't agree on money, and the Caps had Reirden as the coach in waiting, we'd named him assistant head coach two years ago and didn't let him interview with other teams, so we already had the succession plan in place. Based on all of that I think this made the most sense.

I'm spiraling

Tavares a Leaf :ooo:

• Upvote 2

Wonder what's gonna happen with Karlsson

On 7/15/2018 at 1:35 PM, Bay said:

Wonder what's gonna happen with Karlsson

Crazy he ended up in San Jose. Their PP is going to be so damn deadly!

So who's hyped for Wednesday? I gotta admit, I've been looking forward to hockey season even more than I was for football this year. Even trying fantasy hockey for the first time. Here's my team...

Centers: Nathan MacKinnon, Patrice Bergeron, Matt Duchene

Wingers: Mikko Rantanen, Max Pacioretty, Tomas Hertl, T.J. Oshie, Mark Stone, Max Domi

Defensemen: P.K. Subban, Darnell Nurse, Ryan McDonagh, Cam Fowler, Seth Jones (I.R.)

Goalies: Pekka Rinne, Semyon Varlamov, Craig Anderson

Hockey hype!!! :rock:

Edited by FartWaffles

:rock:

I have no idea how the Jets can top last season. That was such a fun ride.

Aside of the usual issues still being around the league, I'm looking forward to the puck drop!

Looks like the Wild still hope to win while Dubs faces twice as many shots as the other goalie.

I mean, I know the guy is amazing but the other 5 guys on the ice have to act like they want to be there, too.

That Rantanen to MacKinnon goal though. Only faced 21 shots, can't believe it. I know the Wild's offense sucks, doesn't matter - the Avs always give up high shot totals

46 minutes ago, BigBen07 said:

Jets with that 3rd period smackdown. Mark and Blake with two points each :rockon:

2 points for the Avalanche's Mikko Rantanen. Hopefully another big year. Last season was 84 points.