BigBen07

Official Hockey Thread

10 minutes ago, Bay said:

2 points for the Avalanche's Mikko Rantanen. Hopefully another big year. Last season was 84 points.

95 is reachable IMO. :)

Me you and Bware all Central division rivals...

15 hours ago, Bay said:

Well Bay, you're the only one on the right side. :yes:

Beating the Mild is always a good thing! :megusta:

Flyers are winning the Stanley Cup, baby. Taking down Vegas is just the beginning, but I'm firing up the hype train now. Let's gooooooooo.

(I'll fire up the Fire Hakstol train after our first loss.)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FartWaffles said:

Well Bay, you're the only one on the right side. :yes:

Beating the Mild is always a good thing! :megusta:

Yes. Wild are really mediocre. Although I would love to have another playoff meeting against them so we could sweep :smug:

17 hours ago, Bay said:

All good. I never had an issue with the Avs. Especially since three of my fave all time players were on them for a long time.

:smug:

Avalanche 5, Flyers 2. Good game, Bay and other Avs faithfull 'round these parts.

Flyers suck. Start tanking now.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the highlights. 

Auston leading the three stars of the week.

Leafs-Hawks was off the rails late in the game lol

Damn. Kings got amazing goaltending tonight, otherwise the Jets would have smashed them. I'll take the W though. That was a great defensive effort by Winnipeg :yep:

Preds and Stars lose! :rock: Auston has 7 goals already. Wow.

Not trying to be prisoner of the moment, but I hope Grubauer quickly shows improvement, because I'm under the impression he is being groomed to be Varly's replacement.

Barring injury (which Varly is prone to) it looks like Varly might have a stranglehold of the job for now. Hopefully Grubauer pushes him.

Edited by FartWaffles

of course Nemeth gets hurt. Barberio making Zadarov looks horrible from what I've seen. Not a good pair. Ugh

Edit: 

21.svg
Edited by Bay

Holy crap. Toronto scoring goals early like they're going out of style. THREE players with 10 or more points already. Obviously it isn't gonna last but it's still crazy.

No games tonight. >_<

• Upvote 1

Garret Sparks with 33 saves in an unexpected start tonight. Leafs with another win.

Auston Matthews had two assists and became the fifth player in NHL history to have multiple points in each of the first seven games of a season in the Toronto Maple Leafs' 4-1 win against the Los Angeles Kings at Scotiabank Arena on Monday.

Matthews joined Mario Lemieux and Kevin Stevens of the Pittsburgh Penguins (1992-93), Mike Bossy of the New York Islanders (1984-85) and Wayne Gretzky of the Edmonton Oilers (1983-84) to start a season with seven consecutive multipoint games. Matthews leads the NHL with 16 points (10 goals, six assists); his six-game goal streak ended.

Senators helping the Jets with a W over Dallas. Thanks, Ottawa. :devious:

Edited by BigBen07

MacKinnon and Rantanen continue to be great together. Compher and Soderberg, Kerfoot with the nice secondary scoring. Varlamov looking sharp, just need Jost to chip in and this team is solid. 

Fantasy trade offer: I need advice

I'd trade:

Oshie and Pacioretty

For:

Svechnikov and Parise

What do you guys think?

Its sad that I'm so happy that the Sabres look like a mediocre team this year rather than a complete dumpster fire. At least at this point its clear Dahlin is legit.

• Upvote 1

Its sad that I'm so happy that the Sabres look like a mediocre team this year rather than a complete dumpster fire. At least at this point its clear Dahlin is legit.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, FartWaffles said:

Fantasy trade offer: I need advice

I'd trade:

Oshie and Pacioretty

For:

Svechnikov and Parise

What do you guys think?

I probably wouldn't do it. Edit: Which brother Andrei or Evgeny

Edited by Bay

Huh, Paci has been garbage so far so maybe you could pull the trigger. Parise has been great, Oshie been good, the young dude okay I guess. Up to you.

• Upvote 1

3 of 5 on a West Coast trip? What is happening?

I'm really hoping the Wild have their shit together, now. We can't keep wasting Dubnyk. We just can't. The guy is probably the most underrated goalie in the league (never see him on Top 10 lists). He's kept us in games throughout his career in Minnesota. It's time to help the guy out a little bit. 

Swept the Flyers, Lightning on Wednesday. Not looking forward to that one, then Matt Duchene's return to Colorado on Saturday. the top line right now is ridiculous. 

rofl at those people who thought Landeskog should be moved to the 2nd line. We have nobody else right now who is worthy and plus those 3 have insane chemistry especially Mackinnon and Rantanen who are DESTROYING the league.