Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Science Is A Hoax

Covering up something like that would take an insanely massive conspiracy that thousands, if not millions, of people would be in on. Why would anyone bother with that? What evidence do you have that they're lying?

There's an old saying, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The burden of proof is on you to show why this isn't the case. Otherwise yes, this just makes you sound crazy.

Ignored for the 2nd time when asked for evidence... check.

That's two strikes thus far, Phil. Not a good look for a self-proclaimed free-thinker. You continue to ask people for proof of their beliefs without providing any of your own. You're pretty close to having the pseudo-intellectual label slapped on you.

I can prove the sun is ~93 million miles away using basic math that you learn in highschool. I can physically do this. I have, in fact, physically done this myself, in person, not relying on any faith in any 3rd party. It only requires a basic understanding of trigonometry and a telescope. I don't know if you've even taken trig- I tend to doubt that someone who is as stupid as you are could have gotten through highschool- but surely, surely, you understand how to solve for one of a triangle's sides if you know the other two sides. That's literally all it takes. You find Venus, you know where Venus is relative to the earth from scientific observation, using Kepler's law you know how far away it is from the sun based on how long Venus takes to orbit the Sun. Which we know from repeated observations. Voila. You have your two sides- Venus to the Sun and Venus to the Earth. Now earth to the Sun is your 3rd side and is easily solved for.

Not to mention there is more than one reason why we know where the sun is. We have ships that have been out there and can see it- unless you're arguing NASA is just housing one big conspiracy for the purpose of... I don't even know.

We can measure how far away it is because we know the heat it puts out.

Why don't you stop this utter nonsense and tell me what you actually believe. Is the sun right above earth and much smaller than we think it is? Is that really what you're arguing?

@PhilElliot

There's your rebuttal fam.

You need to seriously check yourself when blots takes the logical high ground against you.

You need to seriously check yourself when blots takes the logical high ground against you.

Excuse me?

We've got a Popperian in our midst... I didn't know they existed in real life...

Stick around, Phill. Lol.

A Popperian who proves himself wrong with every post... interesting indeed.

If someone believes that things can be proven wrong, but nothing can be proven right without concrete, infallible first hand experience, but proves himself wrong continuuosly, is he proving himself right? Or wrong?

Sarge you've added another level of complexity to this I hadn't thought about...

I've found PhilElliot's spirit animal

• Upvote 2

proves? where? you have no proof of anything,only belief.

you have no actual first hand proof of anything you believe.

you have been dumbed down to that point where what ever media tells you,you assume is true.

there are no Clinton emails,thats called a story.

its amazing! I give the most basic definitions of proof and truth and reality and they go right over your heads.

You are true indoctrinated sheep.

The point of all of my posts has obviously gone way over your head, so I'll try my best to explain in a way you can understand.

You're trying to claim nobody knows anything because we don't have first hand proof of anything. You have been asked what you believe and for your first hand proof of said beliefs. You have either completely ignored or changed the subjects away from these requests.

So if your grand thesis is that we know nothing, you damn sure better admit that you don't either. That's the contradiction leaking from every single post you make. I'll start with your most recent comments, to avoid confusing you more than I already have.

You, in another thread: Nobody is going to remember LaDanian Thomlinson.

Where's your first hand proof of this? Obviously you must have some, otherwise this belief is nonsense.

You, right in your last comment: Most news is propaganda.

Proof? Let's see some real evidence, if you have any.

If you're going to ask people to prove everything they believe, you're going to have to do the same.

you're illiterate. no where did I say you have to have 100 percent original thoughts to be a free thinker.

I simply meant most look no further than most topical info to learn anything. Free thinkrs understand life isnt that prepackaged or simple or easily defined.

- Yet you're the king of blanket statements and generalizations... You like to define everything by making sweeping generalizations. How is that a free thinker? lol

the fact is most every thing you think is purely you agreeing with what you believe to be a majority of agreeable people.

- Oh ok, glad to know you an see inside my head and tell me what I'm thinking and why I think that way. Where's your proof by the way?

you see, thats how simple minded you are. You are trying to define something and move it in a direction that has nothing to do with what I said. Thats how unable you are to be a free thinker.

- I'm not trying to define anything. I'm trying to get you to not only defend your point further but also to realize how hypocritical you are.

and no I didnt ignore you and I dont have 2 strikes about anything. Thats you again trying to put something in a box. I said my piece and left here. I'm under no obligation to engage you.

- So if you can't defend your point, it's meaningless.

proof is a pointless human term. Theres a million things you can not prove that are true. They dont need your approval to exist or be correct/true.

- Talk about the pot calling the kettle black on that one.

the courts abuse the word proof and dont obligate anyone to tell the truth. Only the guy who is better at proving something whether true or not,wins.

I possess logic, you possess trained responses you were taught to believe with no proof of your own.

- You literally JUST said in this exact same post a few sentences ago that proof is a pointless human term... So what is it? Do we need proof of our ideas or not? You are not logical. You are a walking contradiction who has been thoroughly exposed by multiple people.