DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Raptors vs Cavs will be the ECF again. Pretty much no one outside of maybe the Pistons that can challenge that.

Raptors vs Cavs will be the ECF again. Pretty much no one outside of maybe the Pistons that can challenge that.

If that happens again it could be a lot closer than last year. :yep:

Embiid looks like the real deal. Probably should keep him and Simmons.

Deal Okafor and Noel off for some guards.

At this point there is absolutely no doubt that Embiid is the real deal. He has freakish size and athleticism, He has post game, a mid range and outside shot, he gets to the line and will be like a 75% ft shooter, he can put the ball on the floor somewhat and drive to the basket and the crazy thing is with all that being said about him on the offensive end he might have even more potential defensively. Obviously missing 2 years of basketball and really only having started playing at 15 he's raw and turns the ball over too much but that's to be expected. The only question mark is health for Embiid. It would be a fucking tragedy if this kid didn't have a long career because he has a chance to be a special once in a generation type player.

Edited by seanbrock

We are on a 3 game skid.

There is no defense, there is no energy, there is no effort... ANYWHERE besides Butler and Taj.

Rondo plays so tight on defense that he gets picked up high real easy and then Lopez has a 1 v 1 against a guy that KNOWS that Lopez is out of position and they get the ball and either go right around him or step back and make a nice post shot.

This team is shit. I do not give 5 flying fucks if we can score 120 a game... if we are trying to get in shootouts with teams like the Raptors, Warriors, Cavs, we will be facefucked.

This team will never sniff .500 with Hoiberg and the BS front office not properly blowing this team up and building through the draft.

Lakers are above .500 for the first time since 2013. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs or not, but they are at least very fun to watch.

Lots of bricks and questionable shots and passing but still a lot of fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

Well my thought's on the Knicks Offensively are correct but holy shit they are bad on D. If they can get the locked down a bit then the playoffs can happen.

Kristaps is going to be a god damn star in this league. Kid just keeps on progressing.

Sixers could have had Embiid, Porzingis and Simmons in their front court. That would end up in several NBA championships health provided.

I can't think of a team I'd rather see the 76ers win their first game against then the Pacers... Please finish this one out.

Except maybe the Bulls

The Pistons have looked so incredibly bad on the road, it's disturbing...

And my original predition of Harden winning MVP is looking good thus far... Theven Rockets are 5-3 with only one game at home thus far this season.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

You know what's fun?

Losing to the Hawks and having Wade and Butler combine for 60 some points. This is what I expected. The team to resort to hero ball and lack of defense.

Going to be a long season....

Fuck this team.

Harden is unreal. I can't believe anyone would want to trade him.

Harden is unreal. I can't believe anyone would want to trade him.

People focus on his defense and forget just how great he is on offense.

I'm sure the Thunder didn't WANT to trade Harden but even if they didn't are we sure he didn't just want to have his own team. I mean, if it meant keeping him I'm sure OKC would have started him and boosted his minutes but I'm not sure if Harden wouldn't have wanted to be the guy on his own team rather than 2nd fiddle at best on OKC.

As for the Rockets I doubt they were trying to trade him considering they signed a bunch of free agents (albeit shitty free agents) to play with him. James Harden is the only one selling merch and tickets, but I'd consider trading him for the right package. They're going nowhere with him right now and even if they could manage to put the right team around him it's going to take years and they're not going to be bad enough to get the right draft pick themselves. They'd have to get somebody elses and hope to get a top lottery pick. Rockets are just stuck in neutral right now with no real hope of championship aspirations.

You don't trade James Harden unless he tells you he's leaving. You do all the cap games and pick acquiring to get a chance to get a player like James Harden.

Harden is killing it at PG. His former counter part Howard seems to be somewhat back

Also, not to change the topic so abrutly, but y'all know I pimp Chris Paul more then anybody else... He's also made a very strong case for best player right now, better then Davis and Harden, IMO.

Lakers win after being down by 19 at one point. I agree with Dmac in that they do a lot of ill-advised, sloppy shit on offense and defense, but I think we can chalk a lot of that up to being such a young team learning. I'm also loving the bench that we have.

I don't think that they're a playoff team yet, but they're a fun team to watch, and I think that they have the perfect coach for this group in Luke Walton.

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

Anthony Davis is the best player in basketball. His team may be worse than the 07 team Lebron had that he took to the finals.

Its putrid. I'm not sure they have 1 guy who is a full time starter on most NBA teams.

Embiid with 25 points in 26 minutes. His per 36 is looking ridiculous right now.

He's averaging 18.8 ppg 6.8 rpg 2.3 bpg in 22 minutes a night. He's turning the ball over too much and not shooting a great percentage but this dude is just getting his legs under him. Finally it's exciting to be a Sixers fan again. He's so good he's made Noel and Okafor irrelevant. He's got the potential to be better than Noel on defense and be far far far better than Okafor offensively. If Ben Simmons is as good as advertised the Sixers still have two potentially very high lottery picks with a potential Sacramento pick swap. Sixers are once again a free agent destination.