DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Warriors are gonna cruise during the regular season but who's going provide any sort of post presence for them? I think they screwed their potential dynasty. This isn't a knock on Durant, I think anyone can see that he's one of the 5 best players in the league BUT the Warriors were already outscoring everyone. What happens when they play a team like Memphis in the post season? What happens when they see San Antonio who even without Duncan has plenty of post players to kill them with? My prediction is they get the number 1 seed but fail to make it to the Finals because they will really miss all the post players they let go come playoff time.

The Warriors not making it back to the finals leaves a huge opening for the Cavs to repeat because at this point they have no legitimate competition to stop them from any eastern conference team. I know everyone here that isn't a Cleveland fan hates the Cavs but I think they're going to repeat as the Champs. We're going to hear a lot of LeBron vs. Jordan chatter after this season. More than ever before and why not? LeBron's performance in last years finals was crazy.

Drafted a fantasy team today since I couldn't do fantasy football this year.

CJ McCollum

Gordon Heyward

Kent Bazemore

Serge Ibaka

Karl-Anthony Towns

Reggie Jackson

Ryan Anderson

Andre Drummond

Zach LaVine

Zaza Pachulia

Ricky Rubio

Robert Covington

Marvin Williams

Karl-Anthony Towns for MVP

Joel Embiid for RoTY

Steve Kerr for CoTY

Cavs win the finals

The era of the big man is coming back with a vengeance. It'll start this year and small ball will get stomped out. The Warriors will have another great season but ultimately not win it all. This is gonna be one of the last years of LeBron's dominance but it'll end in him getting his last ring.

Oh yeah forgot to do DPoY. I'll continue with the big man trend and say Rudy Gobert.

Karl-Anthony Towns for MVP

Joel Embiid for RoTY

Steve Kerr for CoTY

Cavs win the finals

The era of the big man is coming back with a vengeance. It'll start this year and small ball will get stomped out. The Warriors will have another great season but ultimately not win it all. This is gonna be one of the last years of LeBron's dominance but it'll end in him getting his last ring.

Not only do I not think Towns is MVP good enough yet, or will be this year... But it's been nearly 30 years since a player on a 1 or 2 seed did not win the MVP, Malone won it in 99 but his team had the same amount of wins as the best teams.

If we are being real for a second, there's no way Towns wins it. Anthony Davis maybe has a chance but even that is extremely slim even if this was an alternate reality where he stays healthy all season.

I also think it's interesting that you think the era of the big man is making a comeback, which I don't really agree or disagree with but... Stats and trends continue to show otherwise...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

So let me get this straight...you think that James Harden will win MVP but dismiss KAT because he won't be on a 1 or 2 seed team? Is that in the same alternate reality in which Anthony Davis stays healthy all season?

You might be right, but KAT was so efficient even as a rookie and he already rebounds at a pretty high rate. Dude's potential really doesn't have a limit on either side of the ball. He might be good enough already to get his team to the post season. Especially if some of the Minnesota's other young players like Wiggins and LaVine develop. It's only a matter of time before he's the best player in the league.

As you should. LeBron looks like he's tired of hearing everybody talk about KD and the Warriors. Cavs gonna repeat.

Spurs with out rebounded the Warriors by 20. You might say that it's because GS shot like shit but the Spurs got 21 offensive rebounds to 8 for the Warriors. Spurs also shot 48% from the floor and San Antonio's bench outscored GS's to the tune of 54 to 16. Durant had a great game though 27 points on 11-18 from the field 10 boards, 4 assists 2 steals 2 blocks and 0 turnovers. The warriors got an MVP caliber player but might have fucked up what made them so great in doing so, defense and depth. This is only 1 game against a very good Spurs team but this won't be the last time this stuff comes back to bite them in the ass.

^This is the same stuff people were saying last year.

"Attack the rim and grab rebounds and you'll beat them"

It's easy to do in one game, but no team has managed to employ that strategy and beat them in a series. I wouldn't read too much into this other then the Warriors may need time to gel.

And that last year may not of been a fluke for Leonard, hes in the process of turning into truly one of the elites in the NBA if he wasn't already.

They had Bogut last year and they also played elite defense and had a great bench. They're not the same team they were last year or the year before.

I know it was one game...

But the Warriors have no rim protectors...no bench...and they have a lot of turnovers.

When they are on they will be unstoppable...but one bad shooting game and they can easily be beaten.

Playoff time will expose all three of those flaws I mentioned above.

also...

NOTHING EASY! NOTHING EASY!!! THEY GOING TO GAME 7 BABYYYYY!!!

On another side note... my awards

MVP: Russell Westbrook

ROTY: Buddy Hield

COTY: THIBS!

Warriors will end up trading Draymond Green or Klay Thompson.

Warriors will end up trading Draymond Green or Klay Thompson.

They'd have to trade Klay imo. Green is too valuable to that team.

Lmfao, Zack!

And yea, Dmac.. that's what happens when you're the best player in the world...

*gets shot by 90% of TGP*

:smug:

• Upvote 1