Favre4Ever

Arian Foster Announces Retirement

"This game has been everything to me ... my therapy, my joy, my solace and my enemy," Foster wrote via Uninterrupted.com. "I've learned to love every facet of this game, from the peak of accomplishment to the gutter of criticism. And it all makes the ride worthwhile. I've been fortunate enough to play many successful years in this league. I've given a lot to this game and given up a lot for it. But it has returned to me more than I could have ever asked for.

"Faceless gladiators have been shuffled in and out of this arena for decades and I'm proud to have taken part in that legacy. My father always said, 'You'll know when it's time to walk away.' It has never been more clear than right now. I'm walking away with peace. I know it's not commonplace to do it midseason, but my body just can't take the punishment this game asks for any longer. ... Every athlete would love to go out as a Super Bowl MVP, riding off into the sunset with the crowd cheering their name. Unfortunately, life has other plans and they're usually opposite the imagination. But that imagination got me this far and I could not be prouder of the things my teammates and I accomplished in this game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000727497/article/dolphins-arian-foster-announces-his-nfl-retirement

"Jay Ajayi just posted consecutive 200+ yard rushing games. I'm never going to be the starter again. It's been fun. Peace."

• Upvote 1

Foster has looked awful sine Preseason week 1. He's washed up. Good on him to get out knowing he has nothing left.

Remember 2009 preseason he made a name for himself. Then tore it up week 1 and soon was on everyone's fantasy teams.

Edit: make that 2010

Edited by Bay

fellow ajayi owners rejoice :rock:

Foster was an over-zealous prick. good riddance.

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 3

fellow ajayi owners rejoice :rock:

Foster was an over-zealous prick. good riddance.

Holy shit, BC.