seanbrock

NFCE Juggernaut?

As good as Atlanta has been this year and as proven Seattle is, I'm starting to think that whoever comes out on top in this division will be the best team in the conference provided of course that they're still healthy. We all play each other twice and for the most part everybody has beaten everybody. Dallas has lost to the Giants, the Giants have lost to the Redskins, the Redskins have lost to Dallas and beaten the Eagles and the Eagles have lost to the Redskins and will play Dallas this week but every game has been decided in the final minutes. They've all been highly competitive. Everybody has a winning record and we're at the halfway mark of the season.

Seattle has reigned as won of the best teams in the conference for the past what? 5 years? and over that span they've won a lot of playoff games. Like them or not they have a lot of veterans and a very good HC.

Sorry, sean, but the juggernaut in the NFC is going to be :Vikings:

Be happy you caught them while they were sorting out their OL.

What's there to sort out? Their offensive line is bad, they have no running game and their QB is Sam Bradford. They have an awesome top 2 defense but you have to score points too man lol. Pittsburgh was the last team to win a super bowl with a bad offense and they were just bad because they had a bad offensive line. They had Ben and a nice group of receivers which is a lot more offensively than Minny has.

Edited by seanbrock

What's there to sort out? Their offensive line is bad, they have no running game and their QB is Sam Bradford. They have an awesome top 2 defense but you have to score points too man lol. Pittsburgh was the last team to win a super bowl with a bad offense and they were just bad because they had a bad offensive line. They had Ben and a nice group of receivers which is a lot more offensively than Minny has.

Were you asleep last year? The Broncos won with a QB who threw 9 TDs and 17 INTs during the regular season and an offense that put up six points unaided in the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

I think it's pretty clear that Dallas is the only "elite" team in the NFC East. Anyone who has watched the Giants or Redskins can plainly see they're not a playoff-caliber team. The Eagles might be on a good day, but they're too inconsistent.

Throw the Cowboys in with Minnesota, Atlanta, and Seattle for division favorites and NFC elites for now.

• Upvote 1

Falcons are about to fail just like always. No team with a defense that bad is a true contender or elite. It's the Boys and the Vikes atm. Seattle is an elite team in years past but they have looked pretty bad this year.

:49ers: Edited by 7-9

at this time last year Atlanta was 6-1, they're in the I'll believe it when I see it category

I think it's pretty clear that Dallas is the only "elite" team in the NFC East. Anyone who has watched the Giants or Redskins can plainly see they're not a playoff-caliber team. The Eagles might be on a good day, but they're too inconsistent.

Throw the Cowboys in with Minnesota, Atlanta, and Seattle for division favorites and NFC elites for now.

You really think Dak continues to play at the level he has all year? I don't and the Skins have racked up 5 in a row pretty quietly. The Eagles have beaten to Super Bowl contenders. The Eagles are a flawed team but what team not from New England isn't?

Edited by seanbrock

Falcons are about to fail just like always. No team with a defense that bad is a true contender or elite. It's the Boys and the Vikes atm. Seattle is an elite team in years past but they have looked pretty bad this year.

Minnesota absolutely reeks of a high-floor/low-ceiling team. Their defense is so good they'll make the playoffs, but their offense is so limited they won't make the Super Bowl. I do consider them elite (as a technicality, I guess), but in a Falcons/Vikings game I'd take Atlanta, honestly.

You really think Dak continues to play at the level he has all year? I don't and the Skins have racked up 5 in a row pretty quietly. The Eagles have beaten to Super Bowl contenders. The Eagles are a flawed team but what team not from New England isn't?

I haven't seen anything from Dak to make me suspect he'll fall off the face of the Earth. The Skins have not racked up 5 in a row (they lost to Detroit), but their 4-game streak beating the likes of the Eagles/Browns/Ravens/Giants absolutely does not impress me. After their bye week they have Vikings/Packers/Cowboys and you'll see them get rekt.

When will people realize that Dak HAS NOT BEEN THAT GOOD. He is making one easy throw after another. Drop more passes in the basket and we'll talk. There's no reason he can't continue this level of play because he doesn't have to do anything but not turn the ball over.

This early in the season I don't think anyone can really make a strong case for there being any NFC "juggernaut" team, just a bunch of very good ones.

In fact the only team in the NFL I'd consider to be a "juggernaut" at this point is the Patriots. And even with them, that defense is pretty questionable at times.

I think there's some truth to that, but isn't that a credit to Dallas' offensive coaching staff for calling smart plays? And to Dallas' receivers for creating separation? Neither of those things will change in the near future. Dak is in a great situation in the pass game, and that's not even mentioning one of the best RB/OL combinations in football.

I don't mean to diminish what he's doing but the media and fans need to stop exaggerating it. Unless Dallas can pressure Carson, it should be pretty clear on Sunday who the better QB is currently, regardless of who wins.

Worth noting: the NFC East is the only division with all four teams over .500

• Upvote 2

I don't mean to diminish what he's doing but the media and fans need to stop exaggerating it. Unless Dallas can pressure Carson, it should be pretty clear on Sunday who the better QB is currently, regardless of who wins.

And I was spot on.

Who the better QB currently is. It's Carson, but that's not to take away from Dak, either.

Also, Dallas is in trouble on defense without Mo. I rrally hate to see the guy hurt again :(

I don't think it matters if Carson was better than Dak or not. Dak played well enough to win, and the Eagles let Wentz down. If this is the kind of matchup we get for round 1, I'm looking forward to rounds 2-20. Gotta get Wentz a real centre and just one receiver who can get some separation.

I don't think it matters if Carson was better than Dak or not. Dak played well enough to win, and the Eagles let Wentz down. If this is the kind of matchup we get for round 1, I'm looking forward to rounds 2-20. Gotta get Wentz a real centre and just one receiver who can get some separation.

Kelce can either be elite or just terrible. I've never seen a guy who can be both in the same game.

I maintain that DGB is getting better and, quite frankly, they should leave him on the field over Agholor even if Wentz has to tell him what to do on some plays. This guy needs the ball.

DGB is getting better but he STILL hasn't learned the whole playbook. That's why the Titans traded him. His physical traits are up there with the likes of Julio Jones, but Julio isn't just an athlete he's a smart player who knows how to play his position.

To me it's hard to tell who the better QB is because Dak's supporting cast is just so much better. We've now see both QB's make mistakes with pressure in their face. The only thing that makes me think Carson might be better in the long run is teams thought, "hey, rookie QB, we'll blitz the shit out of him and he'll turn the ball over." As of last night according to Collinsworth Wentz had the best QB rating against the blitz and the answer for that is simple. It's one of the few times where somebody is running open downfield for him. Teams have stopped blitzing him for the most part because he sees it at the LOS and knows where to go with the ball and can buy time if it's not immediately there.

As far as Dak goes it's hard to criticize the guy. I gave Carson a pass for his faults for being a rookie when he looked bad at times so you have to do the same for Dak. Up until last night he was never really pressured like that. He made some mistakes but he also made some big time throws and some big time plays with his legs.

• Upvote 1

I'm a fan of both guys in that I think both can be successful long-term starters.

• Upvote 1

It's no doubt Wentz. He has a quarter of the talent Dak is playing with in terms of line and receivers.