seanbrock

NFCE Juggernaut?

It's no doubt Wentz. He has a quarter of the talent Dak is playing with in terms of line and receivers.

As much as I'd like to be a homer and agree, you can't penalize Dak for having an awesome offense around him.

what they are about to do is average 30 points a game and keep winning.

I suppose you think Carolina is getting in their way?

Atlanta is getting in their own way. You are not a contender- a true SB contender- if your defense is averaging 30+ points given up. You will run into someone who can slow your offense down eventually.

As much as I'd like to be a homer and agree, you can't penalize Dak for having an awesome offense around him.

When Wentz has 3 seconds to throw and Dak has 6, it makes a difference.

The Eagles offensive line has played really well since the Redskins debacle. Big V had a rough first game but Stoutland has done a great job with him since then. I'd actually say Wentz had more time in the pocket last game. He just had nowhere to go with the ball besides check downs and WR screens. Dak was under fire for most of the game. He had a clean pocket a couple times. He was a mixed bag under pressure. The throws he made to Dez was nice. He stood strong and delivered the football. Obviously it helps to have a guy who can go up and get it but aside from the pick and a couple other passes that could have been pick he did pretty well. Carson had one or two picks that were dropped too though. That game made it pretty hard to say definitively who is the better QB.

I have never been a fan of the "player x has a great team around them, so they're not as good as player y who has this team" argument.

Why is it not possible to be a great player WITH a great team around you?

It is.

I don't think anyone is saying that Sarge. Joe Montana is regarded the best QB of all time in most circles and he played with great coaching and great weapons and a great defense. There are definitely cases where a player is carried by a team though. Is Dak one of those cases? To a degree yes, but we saw what Dallas looked like with guys like Brandon Weeden at QB. Obviously Dak is a playmaker and has looked great for a rookie but there's no denying it's a lot easier to do that with a team around you. Evaluating player vs. player can be a complicated thing and to me supporting cast is a factor. Not the deciding factor but a factor. Football is the ultimate team sport. I think it'd be pretty stupid to say that Dak would be as successful without the best line in football, a dominant rushing attack and a plethora of weapons, but at the same time we know that you can't just stick any QB behind that line and they're an automatic success.

Dak is mobile and makes really good decisions with the football. A lot of these QB's that can run make really bad throws after they get themselves out of trouble. That mobility could help him on a lesser team, and a QB who makes good decisions like Dak can be successful anywhere. Anyway, I'm not even saying Dak is better than Wentz. I already said I would gladly take both on my team, and I stand by that.

Like the pick he threw right to Jordan Hicks into triple coverage in the red zone? Dak is a rookie so these things are bound to happen, but I think it's safe to say that he would make a lot more bad decisions if he had to carry his teams offense and wasn't playing behind an elite offensive line. I'm not saying he would completely crumble because you are right, his mobility and decision making on the run have been pretty good for the most part and he would probably still look good on a lesser team but not as good as he looks with Dallas.

Dak is mobile and makes really good decisions with the football. A lot of these QB's that can run make really bad throws after they get themselves out of trouble. That mobility could help him on a lesser team, and a QB who makes good decisions like Dak can be successful anywhere. Anyway, I'm not even saying Dak is better than Wentz. I already said I would gladly take both on my team, and I stand by that.

We're basing our evaluations less on Dak vs. Carson as far as decision making is concerned (because they're pretty much equal, there) and more about the types of throws they're making, and who goes through reads and progressions better. In those instances, it's Carson by a landslide, currently. That is slightly by design because the Cowboys offensive staff doesn't need Dak to do the things the Eagles need Carson to do. I don't think Dak would be all that successful in Philadelphia, though, whereas I think Carson has the Cowboys in the same spot, potentially 7-0 with more TD passes. These teams are both set at QB for the foreseeable future, either way, and this is exciting for football.

I just hate the Dak is phenomenal narrative. Standing in the pocket for 3-5 seconds and then dumping the ball to Cole Beasley is not phenomenal. He is playing very, very well for a rookie but he has thrown very few elite level passes, 0 in some games. The deep ball to Dez Bryant last week was the best throw he's made all season and that pales in comparison to even Carson's first TD pass to Jordan Matthews in week 1. Wentz puts the ball on a rope, has the best placement of any rookie QB we've seen in quite some time, and to top it all off is not going to turn the ball over.

Dak is rolling, but there's still a significant drop-off from a healthy Tony Romo to current Dak Prescott. If the Cowboys think they can get 2014 Romo back when he's healthy, and if Dak isn't lighting the scoreboard on fire, Dak might not even be the starter by the end of the season. I think he should be so long as they're winning and he's not single-handedly blowing games, but if he doesn't up his TD passes, there's a real chance he's not the starter in a few weeks.

Edited by BwareDWare94

To be fair it remains to be seen if Romo will ever get back to 2014 Romo. 2014 Romo is probably a top 5 QB in this league. Regardless of how you feel about Dak, he's still a rookie and that Tony Romo makes this team a lot better. There are fair questions as to whether he can take hits and as to whether or not he can still put that zip on the football that we're accustomed to seeing from him. If he can Dallas has to go with him in my mind. If Tony Romo can play at that level they could potentially even win a Super Bowl. They won't win a Super Bowl with a rookie Dak.

As for the evaluation of Dak, the guy looked bad at times last week but when it came down to the game being on the line in the 4th quarter and overtime he shined. The Eagles put a lot of tape out there on him though and you can bet he will be blitzed more and you can bet teams will go after Doug Free, but honestly not every team they'll face has the horses on the d line that the Eagles do nor does every team have the blitzing from the LB and S position that the Eagles do (Kendricks sucks but he can blitz). It's going to be tough to stop him

Actually you'll find that most teams have two quarterbacks

Actually you'll find that most teams have two quarterbacks

If you read Sarge's post that PhilElliot posted Sarge wasn't arguing over Dak/Romo. He was saying he'd take Wentz or Dak both. Rz pls. :mjlaugh:

• Upvote 1

you stand by taking both? that basically means you cant really commit to a decision lol

get off the fence !

That's actually not what it means at all.

I have a choice between a good young QB and a good young QB.

Not sure how I'm going to lose.

The obvious answer being if one ends up being a lot better than the other. :kobe:

Something tells me that's not too likely.

I think it's pretty clear that Dallas is the only "elite" team in the NFC East. Anyone who has watched the Giants or Redskins can plainly see they're not a playoff-caliber team. The Eagles might be on a good day, but they're too inconsistent.

Throw the Cowboys in with Minnesota, Atlanta, and Seattle for division favorites and NFC elites for now.

I think this sums up the division really. Dallas although have a shaky defence that offensive especially the line is ridiculous. They are playing smart and slowly progressing Dak the way they should and he seems to click a lot better right now than Romo did. Having Zeke be the RB most here didn't think he would be has helped a lot.

The Giants, Redskins and Eagles are far too inconsistent to be a power house in the division right now .

The Giants are interesting for me. They have a bad line and no real threat at RB now Vareen is on the IR but key position players that can break a game open. They have a pass rush that is slowly waking up and a DB unit that is starting to Gel. Call me a homer but out of the three not named Dallas, I feel that the Giants could go on a run and pinch a wildcard spot.

This has the potential to be the best division in football again in a year or two.

All I know is I can't wait to face the Giants again. Retribution.

I hope we curb stomp those bastards. It's probably going to be pretty ugly tbh.

Eagles signed a guy off San Fran's practice squad with 4.3 speed. Super Bowl run begins this fucking week. You heard it here first.

The catch: He's probably got stone hands like every other Eagles receiver.

• Upvote 1

Interesting stat that might not mean much at this juncture in the season with so much football left but the Eagles are 1st in point differential in the NFC and second in the NFL next to the Pats. Defense wins championships I guess the old saying goes.

Interesting stat that might not mean much at this juncture in the season with so much football left but the Eagles are 1st in point differential in the NFC and second in the NFL next to the Pats. Defense wins championships I guess the old saying goes.

Defence clearly didn't show up today. Giant's have now won 3 in a row and both the offence and defence showed up together which was nice.

Eagles DB's were no match for all the receivers NYG have, but I don't think you guys score that many points without the two turnovers in our territory.

The Eagles are losing games on purpose because of their HC /Weapon

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1