Sarge

lolCatholicChurch

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/10/28/archdiocese-spend-against-marijuana-legalization/qtCwVY4ViWjRFwOvcyveeK/story.html?utm_content=buffer51634&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The Boston Archdiocese is pouring $850,000 into a last-minute effort to defeat a state ballot measure to legalize marijuana, calling increased drug use a threat to the Catholic Church’s health and social-service programs.

The church’s contribution represents about a 50 percent increase over what the antimarijuana Campaign for a Safe and Healthy Massachusetts has collected so far. The total, however, is still less than half of what has been raised by the referendum’s proponents.

The church’s donation will likely help fund an existing advertising campaign. Archdiocesan officials have also sent materials to parishes and schools arguing against the ballot question.

“It reflects the fact that the archdiocese holds the matter among its highest priorities,” archdiocese spokesman Terrence Donilon said of the donation. “It’s a recognition that, if passed, the law would have significantly detrimental impacts on our parishes, our ministries.”

It's a long article, so I don't want to paste the whole thing. It's a good read though. There is some other information in there about the future of legalization.

If the Catholic Church wants to use their tithing funds for political purposes, they shouldn't have tax exempt status. Such unbelievable bullshit. The Catholic church might be the one thing that is as equally corrupt as our government. :yao:

• Upvote 1

I remember in the Sopranos, I think it was Junior who said "We break more rules than the Catholic Church."

• Upvote 1

They've been doing this for over 1000 years lol

I would say I'm gonna laugh when their money gets wasted, but it's not their money.

Forgetting the political and legal issues surrounding this, why is the Catholic Church opposed to pot anyways? It doesn't mention anything in the bible about it.

Like George Carlin said, "I was raised Catholic but then I grew to the age of reason."

• Upvote 2

Fuck being buried in a box. Cremate me and scatter my ashes over the hills of my family's land. I want to be gone gone when I'm gone, yo.