Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Time to put Hillary in jail

You don't get to funnel money from foreign countries through your charity and then turn around and give them weapons deals. The private server was used to cover this activity up and in turn she jeopardized our national security and she also violated fec law by coordinating with her super pacs. Hillary shouldn't be the only one doing time for this either by the other shoe has to drop.

• Upvote 1

Sean, you're gonna be very disappointed. The last thing the trump regime wants to do is turn Hillary into a martyr.

Yeah, it was a good campaign message but there are a lot more important things to worry about , IMO. She deserves to be locked up, but Trump shouldn't exert much energy getting done. And as I mentioned previously, if there were rumblings of it, Obama would just grant her clemency . She's immune to the law.

I know it's not going to happen but I do think it's important. The political class needs to know they can't get away with anything they want. Maybe they might think twice seeing the most powerful politician in the world go to jail. If she can get locked up for breaking the rules then anyone can but Trump was never really about change and getting the corruption out of politics. I knew that from day 1. He's done nothing but confirm that, but Hillary had to lose.

I think he probably wanted to... But after you get elected, I think the gravity of the situation and position really grabs and weighs down on people. I honestly think Obama wanted to bring the change and hope he talked about... But reality hits and there are a lot more factors and consequences to evaluate.

I mean, you talk draining the swamp.. Do you (not you specifically, but general sense for anyone) realize how impractical destroying the lobbyists really is? The lobbyists know Washington better than anyone.. They navigate the political hurdles, wrangle votes from the politicians that they need to get things passed. It's a horrible and shitty situation, but even to rid Washington of lobbyists, I think you need lobbyists to help you maneuver.

That's just reality.

I think you watch too much House of Cards bud lol. Obviously you can't do it day 1, but hiring a bunch of bought and paid for corporate lobbyists to your cabinet and 'transition team' isn't a very good start. Trump is and always was full of shit. The promises he made were all just things he thought might be popular with enough people to get him elected.

Besides the whole reason Washington IS so complicated is BECAUSE of the lobbyists. Pay to play is THE REASON why politicians don't show up for most of the votes. They're out sucking off donors for campaign money. The way Washington works really isn't that complicated and as president you can call a news conference and be put on like 20 different television channels at whatever time you want and call them out and make them look like shit and fuck their re-election campaigns. You can put fourth bills to congress and say the only reason they won't pass them is because they want to line their pockets. It's not impractical AT ALL and it would be pretty easy to replace them if people would do their jobs. Trump's not changing Washington because the way Washington does business has benefited him and his friends and family for his entire life, not because "it's too hard." GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK :yao:

What are we supposed to do just roll over and say "oh well, I guess that's just the way it works?" Maybe you should have voted for Hillary, JD.

I think you watch too much House of Cards bud lol. Obviously you can't do it day 1, but hiring a bunch of bought and paid for corporate lobbyists to your cabinet and 'transition team' isn't a very good start. Trump is and always was full of shit. The promises he made were all just things he thought might be popular with enough people to get him elected.

Besides the whole reason Washington IS so complicated is BECAUSE of the lobbyists. Pay to play is THE REASON why politicians don't show up for most of the votes. They're out sucking off donors for campaign money. The way Washington works really isn't that complicated and as president you can call a news conference and be put on like 20 different television channels at whatever time you want and call them out and make them look like shit and fuck their re-election campaigns. You can put fourth bills to congress and say the only reason they won't pass them is because they want to line their pockets. It's not impractical AT ALL and it would be pretty easy to replace them if people would do their jobs. Trump's not changing Washington because the way Washington does business has benefited him and his friends and family for his entire life, not because "it's too hard." GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK :yao:

What are we supposed to do just roll over and say "oh well, I guess that's just the way it works?" Maybe you should have voted for Hillary, JD.

Lol, I think you are a little out of touch. What do you think lobbyists do?

It's all about influence, and if you, as a new or younger member in politics are having trouble having your voice heard.. You go to the lobbies. You were delusional if you thought, Trump, who has no political experience whatsoever wasn't going to employ lobbies to help him sway the influences in his favor.

That isn't House of Cards, that's American politics.

Where have you been living for 20 years, Sean?

Yeah kind of figured he wouldn't do it but it would have been so awesome.