Dont think so at all. Ryan has thrown a few bad games.

Its between A-Rod, Stafford, Ryan and Carr.

I'd rank them in order of likelihood:

Rodgers

Carr

Stafford

Ryan

You're not even throwing Brady in the mix?

I think if Rodgers tears it up these last three games to get the Packers a division title/playoff spot he will get it.

I'm not saying he should win it, but Bell's name should be getting floated around in the talks, IMO.

He's averaging 160 yards from scrimmage per game.

If LeVeon Bell ever manages to suit up for a full 16 game season without getting hurt or suspended he could very easily be OPOY and despite the fact that he might just be the most valuable player on his team, it's extremely difficult for anyone other than the QB with the best stats to win MVP these days. If there ever was a RB who could do it, Bell has to be right up there near the top of anyone's list.

If the Lions run the table it has to be Stafford. NFL record for most 4th quarter comebacks. Sheesh.

Brady is in the mix, but I feel like his suspension will keep him from winning it.

My shortlist:

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Matt Ryan. Brees did pretty poor against the Bucs last week and that has brought him down but prior to that his numbers were insane.

Edit: I'd throw Rodgers in the mix as he has been returning to form.

Edited by BJOSA
  • Downvote 1

Drew Brees has no chance because the Saints won't even sniff the playoffs.

My shortlist:

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Matt Ryan. Brees did pretty poor against the Bucs last week and that has brought him down but prior to that his numbers were insane.

Edit: I'd throw Rodgers in the mix as he has been returning to form.

No offense BJOSA (actually, take offense you Villa scum :D ), but that's the worst suggestion for MVP in this thread...by far. Brees doesn't have a shot in hell at winning MVP, mainly due to the reason Sean posted above.

Drew Brees has no chance because the Saints won't even sniff the playoffs.

He also took himself out of the running with his past two disasters against the Lions and Bucs.

He also took himself out of the running with his past two disasters against the Lions and Bucs.

He'll be back in the running after he drops a 4TD 0INT statline next week. His stats are insane and he is better than a few guys mentioned in this thread especially the Cowboys players.

• Downvote 1

I don't care if he threw 60 TD's and 2 INT's, if you miss the playoffs you're not winning the MVP, end of discussion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm just one of those people who thinks individual awards should be based on individual performance. Let me find the door. SORRY.

• Upvote 1

Should be, but we kinda have to pick between the people who actually have a shot at it.

Vegas odds have Stafford 3rd behind Zeke and Brady in 2nd.

If Stafford and the Lions don't collapse with how incredibly hard the last three games are, his finger injury, etc, to win the MVP, someone will have to hold me for everyone's sake.. Cause I will be out control.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Fucking LOL if Zeke wins MVP.

• Upvote 2

Following week 15. Derek Carr and Matt Stafford have cooled off. A LOT. Hard to consider December bums being MVP candidates. Here's my direction for the award at this point, and it has more to do with which player I would dread playing the most throughout the course of the season the way it has gone so far.

1. David Johnson

2. Tom Brady

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Von Miller

5. Aaron Donald

6. Leveon Bell

7. Antonio Brown

8. Ezekiel Elliot

9. Bobby Wagner

10. Perhaps Stafford/Carr

For those who don't know, David Johnson has gained 100 or more yards in his first 14 games played this season, unlocking a new achievement in NFL history. The best run defenses in the league cannot stop this man. He is truely balling out as much as any player in the league this year.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1

No way a player from a non-playoff team wins MVP in a year with so many legitimate candidates. I'm not saying Johnson shouldn't be considered, just that it won't happen.

The race comes down to the final two weeks, I think, but I'd have to peg Brady (sigh) as the frontrunner for now. Rodgers, Stafford, Carr, Prescott within striking distance.

That David Johnson stat is pretty incredible. I think he has the same issue as Drew Brees does as far as not being on a playoff team but he should really get some recognition for that. All anybody has talked about is Zeke and Bell but he's quietly be so very good.

Holy shit, just checked. David Johnson is up to 1938 total yards with 17 total TD's

LeVeon Bell is only 200 yards behind but 7 TD's behind.

Edited by seanbrock

David Johnson is amazing, I've been on his bandwagon since before he entered the league... But the Cardinals blow. How can you be MVP of the league if you aren't even good enough to lift up your own team? He can win OPotY or "best RB" award though.. :laugh:

The MVP award is just a bad award. Has anyone really outplayed David Johnson this year? I get the QB obsessions, but come on. Those stats indicate that you are taking over the entire league.

Von Miller.

Who?

VON MILLER.

The MVP award is just a bad award. Has anyone really outplayed David Johnson this year? I get the QB obsessions, but come on. Those stats indicate that you are taking over the entire league.

That just goes back to the debate on the award itself... Is it a best player award or most valuable player award?

That just goes back to the debate on the award itself... Is it a best player award or most valuable player award?

In reality, it's a combination of both. If it were purely based on value, guys like David Johnson, Justin Tucker, Carson Wentz, LeSean McCoy would be in the conversation.

David Johnson is the best player in the league. Without DJ the Cards are flirting with a winless season. He's that important to their team.

Were I voting, I'd give it to David Johnson.