I thought for sure I made a thread about this before, but it turns out I didn't...

With ESPN talking about Zeke having a legit shot at winning MVP, how would you guys rank the candidates this season? Frontrunner?

Tom Brady at the top. Followed by Matt Ryan.

CxLu8c4UcAERb6m.jpg

I can't put a QB at the top who makes a 10 win team into a 12-13 win team. It seems like it's missing the entire point of the MVP. Yes, Brady is playing like the best QB in the league right now, but there's an award for that called offensive player of the year. I want to take a guy who elevates his team to the next level, so my list is something like this.

1. Derek Carr

2. Matt Ryan

3. Drew Brees

4. Matt Stafford

5. Dak Prescott

6. Von Miller

7. Tom Brady

8. Kirk Cousins

9. Marcus Mariota

10. Marcus Peters

I have to say that Matthew Stafford is making a big case. I wrote the Lions off after they lost Calvin Johnson. The Lions have a shitty run game, a sub par defense and nothing really special in terms of weapons. The Lions have battle back from a rough start and all of the sudden lead the NFCN. If they win that division Stafford has my vote. Nobody has done more with less.

After that it's Derek Carr for me. He's been money in the 4th quarter and overtime this year. That defense has forced the Raiders to have to put up points and Carr has answered the call time and time again.

My vote so far is Derek Carr. He has been clutch in pretty much every game. The defense has put them in tough spots and Carr still finds ways to win. He puts the ball in spaces for his WR's on point too.

11-12+ wins would have to happen for Carr to win though. Matt Ryan is close behind him and so is Zeke.

My grandmother could run through the holes the Dallas offensive line makes. Sure Zeke does a great job of extending plays, but the work done by Dallas is done through it's offensive line and the fact that Dak keeps defenses honest.

I have to say that Matthew Stafford is making a big case. I wrote the Lions off after they lost Calvin Johnson. The Lions have a shitty run game, a sub par defense and nothing really special in terms of weapons. The Lions have battle back from a rough start and all of the sudden lead the NFCN. If they win that division Stafford has my vote. Nobody has done more with less.

After that it's Derek Carr for me. He's been money in the 4th quarter and overtime this year. That defense has forced the Raiders to have to put up points and Carr has answered the call time and time again.

Everyone and their mother should have seen Stafford getting better after CJ left. They revolved way too much of the offense around him. Their entire offense was basically give it to Megatron or throw carelessly down field so Megatron can try getting the jump ball. Very inconsistent method.

It's a three horse race between Carr, Ryan and Brady... everyone else is just on a level below IMO

Im more impressed by Carr especially since the raiders offense is having to drop so many points and coming back to win games cause there defense is not playing up to a level it should be

Let's start something new and give it to our entire offensive line.

You know they deserve it.

If anyone in Dallas desevres it it's that OL for sure no one Else .

DMC Ran his best his Career behind that line , so Zeke not impressing me right now

Smith and Fredrick are easily going to get first team all-pro nods.

If anyone in Dallas desevres it it's that OL for sure no one Else .

DMC Ran his best his Career behind that line , so Zeke not impressing me right now

No he didn't. He was killing the league in 2010. He rushed for more yards in less games.

Zeke is probably close to #1 if not #1 in yards after contact

What exactly is Carr doing better then Stafford?
I get the record argument, but aside from that, neither one has been that much better then the other, and Stafford I'd argue has been better when you consider what he's working with.

Wouldn't giving it Zeke be essentially doing the same thing?

No he didn't. He was killing the league in 2010. He rushed for more yards in less games.

Zeke is probably close to #1 if not #1 in yards after contact

That yards after contact stst is still skewed by elite oline play. Not saying I haven't been impressed by Zeke. I have been because I don't think many other backs having the home run ability he does to make the most of that blocking....Having said all that it's easier to get yards after contact with a full of steam on most runs. It's hard to stop that momentum when a RB runs untouched as much as Zeke does behind that line.

ESPN did a recent MVP poll:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18163895/nfl-mvp-poll-2016-derek-carr-oakland-raiders-tops-espn-rankings

For those who don't want to read the full article...

1. Derek Carr

2. Matt Ryan

3. Tom Brady

4. Zeke Elliott

5. Dak Prescott

6. Matt Stafford

7. Von Miller

8. Russell Wilson

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Andrew Luck

11. Drew Brees

Stafford has to be higher on the list. He's carrying that team. The Pats have as many losses with Brady as they do without him and none of those other players have carried their team the way he has. As for Dallas it's clear that the most valuable part of their team is their oline. Should be either Carr or Stafford with everyone else on the outside looking in.

When's the last time we had this many legitimate MVP candidates? Usually there's only 4-5 guys in the discussion and even then 1 or 2 are running away with it.

Well there's no Peyton Manning to steal the award, Aaron Rodgers has been slumping and Tom Brady took 4 games off so there can be some controversy for once. Although, Brady is just going to win it in the end, let's be real and just admit defeat already.

Idk, the league is loving the Raiders being good again and if they finish the year like 13-3 how great of a story would it be for Carr to win it vs Brady had to serve a 4 game suspension for for what a lot of people view to be cheating?

FWIW the last three years has seen the MVP go to a player on the team with the best record.

:smug:

Carr has to be it. The Cowboys oline will make anyone look good. Ask DMC. No Elliot they would still win 10-12 games.

No Carr and im not sure the Raiders win 6 games.

The MVP is Carr

But the people that matter hate the Raiders...

So it'll be Brady or Elliot

I think right now it's a two man race between Matt Ryan and Carr.

Whatever chance Zeke or Dak have goes out the window even if they go 15-1 cause they pretty much cancel each other out.

Brady simply is in an awkward spot because of how the Pats kept winning even without him.

And I think Stafford should be at the top of the conversation with Ryan and Carr but he's gotta get his numbers game up, and Lions need to finish out the season strong.

• Upvote 1