Also, of all the guys being talked about, in the same way that I thought AP shouldn't of won it when he won it, I definitely don't think Zeke should either.

And this is coming from a guy who pimped the hell out of him, and think he's having an incredible season, but Dak has an equal argument to win it.

I think Dak and Zeke cancel each other out. They both hurt the other's chances of winning.

It's Carr or Brady or Ryan.

I think Dak and Zeke cancel each other out. They both hurt the other's chances of winning.

It's Carr or Brady or Ryan.

Bet that hurts you to say :troll:

Not really, no. Ryan changed my opinion of him recently when he was so kind talking about Luke and his injury.

What a year. JJ Watt and Rob Gronkowski cease to be the iron men they were and hit the IR, Stafford, Matt Ryan and a couple of rookies are in the MVP conversation, a Raider likely wins the MVP, and the Cowboys are the frontrunner to win the SB. Nuts.

What a year. JJ Watt and Rob Gronkowski cease to be the iron men they were and hit the IR, Stafford, Matt Ryan and a couple of rookies are in the MVP conversation, a Raider likely wins the MVP, and the Cowboys are the frontrunner to win the SB. Nuts.

when has Gronk ever been considered an iron man? sure he's played through injuries, but he's also missed a lot of time for injuries, this year makes five in a row that he's missed time, in full fairness in 2014 he only missed the week 17 game, but that's still four out of five years that he's missed time

When's the last time we had this many legitimate MVP candidates? Usually there's only 4-5 guys in the discussion and even then 1 or 2 are running away with it.

I look at it the other way. When was the last time we didn't actually have an MVP candidate? Because I don't really see one this year.

Using my general method of "how good is Team X if you replace Player Y with an average player at that position" I don't see an obvious MVP candidate.

That's really not the MVP award though. It's what it should be, but it isn't.

Curious what you think about Derek Carr, though. Feel like he fits the technical and actual definitions of MVP.

Curious what you think about Derek Carr, though. Feel like he fits the technical and actual definitions of MVP.

Right. If you replaced Carr, idk if the Raiders win 6 games. He's the closest thing to MVP now. Falcons are dropping off and Cowboys have the best oline.

Anybody could look good at RB for Dallas. Dak would have a better shot at MVP. But then again a rookie qb who has a run game won't force much. They are both nice stories but this will be over soon come playoff time.

I was about to say something similar. I used to think of MVP in terms of pure value, but now I see it as a "best player in the league" award, as it should be.

And I think Stafford should be at the top of the conversation with Ryan and Carr but he's gotta get his numbers game up, and Lions need to finish out the season strong.

I know it was a long time ago but when Peyton and McNair split the MVP Peyton's numbers blew McNair's away.

Derek Carr has a top 5 offensive line, two fantastic receiving targets and a solid run game. I dunno where the idea comes from that he's just completely carrying his team. While their defense can be ugly at times they've forced 24 turnovers and have one of the best 3rd down defenses in the league at only 35% allowed to be converted.

Carr is really good, but it's not like he's turned junk in to gold.

And most valuable and best player aren't the same thing, Stevo. They can be the same, but they often aren't. Peyton was one of if not the best player in 2003, but he had no business sharing that award with McNair in terms of who was more valuable. If anything the award that year should have either went straight to Jamal Lewis or shared between him and McNair.

Some years they get the MVP right..like Adrian Peterson's MVP. Most they don't, though.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

I think most people would agree that Carr has help but the guy has been so good in the 4th quarter and has won a lot of close games. Offenses who are good up front and at the skill positions still need a good QB to make plays to win games in the 4th quarter.

Crabtree was nothing prior to Oakland. Carr made him what he is. Amari Cooper is the only real threat that would be a threat elsewhere.

Sure he has a great O-line, but his run-game is average and his defense is average. Without Carr, the Raiders are a 8-8 team at best.

• Downvote 2

Crabtree was nothing prior to Oakland. Carr made him what he is. Amari Cooper is the only real threat that would be a threat elsewhere.

Sure he has a great O-line, but his run-game is average and his defense is average. Without Carr, the Raiders are a 8-8 team at best.

Crabtree was a pretty good receiver for San Fran he just had some injuries and he was also playing with a combination of Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert at QB. Is he a great receiver? No but as a second option to Amari Cooper? He can be very dangerous.

• Upvote 1

I look at it the other way. When was the last time we didn't actually have an MVP candidate? Because I don't really see one this year.

Using my general method of "how good is Team X if you replace Player Y with an average player at that position" I don't see an obvious MVP candidate.

Take Rodgers away from the Packers and how good are they? Maybe 1 win. Looking at our games, the only one I would see us winning with an average QB would be against the Bears. If Rodgers continues his play and we run the table, his name has to be up there.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Crabtree was a pretty good receiver for San Fran he just had some injuries and he was also playing with a combination of Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert at QB. Is he a great receiver? No but as a second option to Amari Cooper? He can be very dangerous.

Mostly true. Gabbert never played with Crab. Alex and Crabtree had a pretty good year together in like 11-12

Wut? Crabtree's best season came in San Fran and is putting up similar numbers now that he did in San Fran.

Oakland is 10th in ypg rushing and tied for 9th in YPC.

Think it's safe to say that Matt Ryan is going to run away with this one tbh.

Only way he doesn't win it is if they miss the playoffs in which case Tom Brady get it. Imo

Dont think so at all. Ryan has thrown a few bad games.

Its between A-Rod, Stafford, Ryan and Carr.

I'd rank them in order of likelihood:

Rodgers

Carr

Stafford

Ryan

It's gonna come down to the final games of the season, as any proper MVP race should.

Starting to think if GB wins out with Rodgers beasting that he'll swoop in and take it. I haven't seen a ton of Packers games but he was putting throws into coverage against the Eagles that were just crazy. That 30 or 40 yard laser in the back corner of the end zone to Adams was one of the most impressive throws I've ever seen.

Brady's game on national TV and the media's boner for him makes him the favorite right now. That being said, I can totally see A-Rod going on a tear and winning in if the Packers make the playoffs.

I'm not saying he should win it, but Bell's name should be getting floated around in the talks, IMO.

He's averaging 160 yards from scrimmage per game.