Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Packers vs *banned words*

Some cheese mixed with red skin potatoes does sound good though.

Source

The Washington Redskins are surging and the Green Bay Packers are struggling.

The story line for Sunday night's game at FedEx Field isn't too much different than it was for last year's wild-card playoff game in Washington.
The Redskins had won four in a row and the Packers had lost two in a row. Washington promptly jumped on Green Bay, taking a quick 11-0 lead. It was all Green Bay the rest of the way, though, as it advanced with a 35-18 win.
Washington is hot again. After back-to-back home losses to Pittsburgh and Dallas to open the season, the Redskins are 5-1-1. The Packers have dropped three in a row and four of their last five to tumble to 4-5.
"The main thing is just sticking together and staying the course and preparing and working hard," Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. "I think these guys play hard. We didn't point any fingers. We just continue to come to work and try to fight our way out of it and try to make plays in crucial situations."
It has been the same message from Packers coach Mike McCarthy. Green Bay is in a rare spot, with a losing record through nine games for the first time since 2008. That's also the last time they failed to make the playoffs.
The Packers' string of seven consecutive playoff berths is matched only by the New England Patriots. With Green Bay's season in deep trouble, McCarthy is hoping for a repeat of last year's playoff performance.
"I think you always look at your past experiences," McCarthy said. "To me, that's part of developing your awareness and your instincts and how you move forward.
"With that, you have to make sure it applies to your current situation. I do that. I think everybody does that. That's a part of this league. No one walks through the NFL unscathed.
"This is a tough spot as far as what's going on the last three weeks, but, if anything, it brings you back to your foundation and makes you focus even more on what's most important, and that's beating the Redskins."
Doing that will be a major challenge. Washington's offense is led by quarterback Kirk Cousins. He has thrown for 2,716 yards and completed 66.9 percent of his passes. He has one of the deepest group of pass-catching threats in the league, with six players having at least 26 receptions.
Slot receiver Jamison Crowder and tight end Jordan Reed have a team-high 44 catches and receiver Pierre Garcon has added 42 catches.
Green Bay's pass defense, on the other hand, ranks 29th in opponent passer rating. Last week at Tennessee, the Titans threw five touchdown passes and only seven incompletions.
"The thing that has always impressed me from afar -- and then I think it's like anything when you get to see a quarterback play live -- is the command of the offense," McCarthy said. "He's running it. There's no ifs and buts. The way he gets in and out of plays, the way he distributes the football, he's accurate with the football. I think he's playing extremely well."
On the other side of the ball, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has struggled for most of the season. Without even the pretense of a running game the last four weeks, Rodgers ranks in the bottom half of the league in passer rating, completion percentage and yards per attempt.
Redskins cornerback Josh Norman doesn't care what the stats say, though. He considers Rodgers and the Patriots' Tom Brady the best quarterbacks in the league.
"Hey, man, let's not get things mistaken over there. That's No. 12," Norman said. "That guy can hit you at any time, any place, anywhere, any given day, any given game.
"I really don't care what the outside noise is. I know who we're facing and that's a cerebral quarterback that's the best of the best at what he's doing.
"Regardless of what others may think of him, I know for a fact that that is the toughest quarterback challenge to face because he has everything in his toolbox, in his arsenal, to make them win."
Injuries have slammed the Packers. They had nine Week 1 starters out of the game by the end of last week, with right guard T.J. Lang (ankle) and left tackle David Bakhtiari (knee) dropping out of that blowout loss.
Lang, especially, is out this week, but the Packers could get back outside linebacker Clay Matthews, who has missed the last three games, and tight end Jared Cook, who has missed the last six games. Bot are questionable. In four games without Matthews, the Packers have allowed an average of 34.5 points.

Will the Packers find their offense in the closet? Probably not.

:Redskins: 42

:Packers: 20

• Upvote 2

Kirk Cousins is streaky, maybe it ends here... but probably not.

Maybe,probably? Nice way to not say anything lol

You can't tell people what anything is. If we are talking about what we see or read, taste, feel, or smell, as real then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by our brains.

What does winning or losing really mean? The whole thing is just part of the system, PhilElliot. And the system is our enemy. Look around you, the commissioner, owners, unions, players, they are all still part of that system and that makes them our enemy. And many of those people are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.

Were you listening, Phil? Or were you to busy looking at the woman in the red dress?

Picking is merely a distraction.

Packers TE Jared Cook (ankle) is active for Week 11 against the Redskins.

It's Cook's firstgame since Week 3. He'll likely see limited snaps coming off a multi-game layoff. The Packers inactives are RB Christine Michael, CB Damarious Randall, LB Jake Ryan, OG T.J. Lang, C/G JC Tretter, LB Jayrone Elliott, and DT Christian Ringo.

DeSean Jackson (shoulder) is active for Week 11 against the Packers.

This was expected after multiple reports said Jackson would play. Jackson has a plus matchup with a Packers secondary that was burned for four touchdowns last week, but his floor is low coming off injury in a game with bad conditions. The Redskins inactives are RB Matt Jones, QB Nate Sudfeld, WR Rashad Ross, LS Nick Sundberg, OT Blaine Clausell, DL Matt Ioannidis, and OG Arie Kouandjio.

I don't understand how Jordy's TD was a catch but Dez's wasn't.

I don't understand how Jordy's TD was a catch but Dez's wasn't.

This is the main problem with the rule. Every white hat interprets it differently.

Will the Packers find their offense in the closet? Probably not.

:Redskins: 42

:Packers: 20

:yao: Razur lands on the money

Except he should have asked if the Packers will find their defense... Aaron Rodgers deserves the blame for 2 years of shit, but last night it was not his problem.

I don't use injuries as an excuse but I am getting closer to that. Demetri Goodson will be out the year, which means we will be down to CBs 3, 4, 6, and 7. Mind you 7 isn't currently on the roster.. plus we have to use our safeties in more of a combo type role which they get bused in. We are also down to our 3 and 4 ILB... One of which was forced to cover Jamison Crowder on one of his TDs.

Like I said, I don't like blaming injuries.. But I honestly don't know what the fuck to do at this point. And I don't think the coaches do either. They simply don't have the bodies they need to even be competitive. The season is over unless some kind of miracle takes hold.

Also.. Commentators and analysts need to stop pretending like teams beating us is some kind of great victory. No... not really. Teams like the Redskins, like the Titans... They SHOULD be beating us and badly.