Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Gronk done for the season*

*unless the Pats make the SB, in which case the NFL is rigged.

Profootballtalk reports Rob Gronkowski will undergo back surgery on Friday.

Per the Buffalo News, Gronk has a "ruptured disk," and will be sidelined roughly eight weeks. It's a devastating blow for the Super Bowl-or-bust Patriots, and will be the third known back operation of Gronk's football playing career. Gronk also went under the knife in 2009 and 2013. If Gronk returns this season, it would probably only be for a theoretical Super Bowl appearance. The Pats have already designated a player to return from injured reserve, so that option is out the window. Martellus Bennett will be a weekly TE1 in his absence. Gronk, who turns 28 in May, has been indestructible even as he weathers injury after injury and surgery after surgery, but at some point, it's going to take a toll.
Edited by Vin

The Patriots and Rob Gronkowski's family have released a statement saying he is unlikely to play again this season, but that a final determination will not be made until after he undergoes surgery on Friday.

Source: patriots.com

Gonna start suffering from AFC Championship game fatigue. :welp:

Dr. Thomas Gill is a former team doctor for the New England Patriots and knows the organization along with their tight end Rob Gronkowski well.

So when he says that this back injury the tight end suffered could possibly be career ending, it carries some serious weight.

Dr. Gill spoke with WBZ on Thursday and said that Gronkowski's NFL career could be over with this upcoming procedure due to it being his third back surgery.

http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-Patriots-doctor-Gronks-injury-possibly-career-ending--49474685

The Pats will not go until Belichick goes. That's one of the biggest overreactions ever. I'm sure Gronk is coming back, though his time does look significantly more limited now.

Shit,this is huge for the Pats if it happens. Let's be honest, the defence hasn't been anywhere near the best it's been in years and lynch pins such as Brady and Edlman are at the latter ends of their careers.

Losing what was likely to be the main core of the passing game once Brady goes. It could be game changing.

The Madden Curse Returns With A Bang

Martellus Bennett is going to eat.

The Madden curse doesn't apply to guys who get hurt every year anyway lol. Really hope this guy's career doesn't get derailed due to injury because he's honestly probably the greatest TE of all time.

• Upvote 1

Really hope this guy's career doesn't get derailed due to injury because he's honestly probably the greatest TE of all time.

I agree with this. Gronk is definitely one of the best TEs I've ever seen in my lifetime. I hope his recovery goes well.

Wait what? You don't think Gronk is hurt? What do you think is going on?

Wait what? You don't think Gronk is hurt? What do you think is going on?

HIV.

• Upvote 1

people who believe lies are retarded. Prove he's actually injured. Show me the actual evidence.

3rd party belief in a story is not proof.

Yea, it's actually way easier to believe that the most talented TE ever to play, who just happens to be on the best team in the league, is intentionally being kept out of Pats games to be part of some grand conspiracy. Yet we're the ones that need proof. :mjlaugh:

I thought your trolling was funny when you first came here, but your shtick is old news.

yeah, why would a guy being paid millions do what he's told by the guys paying him the millions?.......

You don't have any proof yourself. Everytime someone asks u u ignore it. Because u don't have an answer. That's why people see u as retarded.

No bro that's not proof. That's u taking something of an opinion and trying to make it fact. People make that mistake all the time. Saying common sense and critical thought is proof is just your self fulfilling prophecy. So instead of saying that's proof, just say u question everything.

Because that's what your really doing. No fact involved in what you say.

Definition of proof:

"evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement".

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

all you do is read a media article/see something on tv and accept it as truth/proof.Thats not proof either. Thats you believing something

I have the common sense to know games cant constantly come down to the last two minutes in doubt unless games are staged.

all this shows is you following orders invested in your sheep education. You let someone else dictate to you what they think being smart is. You believe their lies so you are now labeled smart because all you did was repeat back what you were told. I can actually think for myself and that confuses you.

if something is true/truth,it doesnt need to be proven. Your definition is meaningless in the real world. Lawyers prove things every day that arent true.

this is a true statement.." Professional sports is staged" ..whether you know it or believe it or can prove it or not, doesnt mean its not true.

you dont have to know or believe or understand anything for it to be true.

truth or proof isnt based on your belief or perception. Its based on something that already existed.

Aight check me out.

1. I challenge most things in life. Just because I read something doesn't dictate I'm a sheep. I have to look at the whole picture before I can say I'm certain or believe something. Ask anyone on this board I've stated my opinions of "natural order" of life. And the things that happen in it.

2. Your claiming of saying something true. OK I have no problem with your statement... If you could give me something to work with other than statements. Not to mention your track record is off as well.

In this very thread you mentioned the Patriots would fall off and the Bills would overtake them. That's wrong.

Colts, Vikings making Superbowl isn't happening. If you want me to wait til they officially announce it. So be it.

I understand when it comes to your beliefs, ideas, or opinions, they are different. People disagree I get it. But how you approach it doesn't make sense.

Your essentially the guy who tells people everything is all wrong and that's it. You can't say why or how. You just claim conspiracy on something without any plausible sources.

So you can't expect people to reason with u if they ask u the same question back you...And then have nothing to support it.

So that comes down to you either being a troll or someone who is that indeed stubborn. Whatever one it is, oh well.

Also the statement on how football games can't come down to the wire constantly is what makes u lose credibility. Anyone here who has played the sport, ( myself included ) can tell you it DOES happen all the time without being fixed. It's the natural part of the sport. Any given Sundays so to speak. So me having that actually experience over "words" you are saying don't match up. Therefore I have legit reason to call u out on that and say bullshit.

So whatever your going to reply, add more please. You have what I call Google answers. If I googled the topic, I'd find almost word for word, what u reply. Need more than general statements bro.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace
  • Upvote 1

When Mikey is doling out the common sense and reason in a debate, that debate is over.

• Upvote 2