Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Jay Cutler to IR

Jeff Dickerson
ESPN Staff Writer
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is scheduled to undergo surgery to repair a torn right labrum and will be placed on injured reserve, coach John Fox announced Thursday.
"We did try to exhaust all the non-surgical remedies. Jay is a tough guy and proved that to me in the past," Fox said. "We did multiple different types of rehab. It's been a couple weeks now. Now the next alternative is to have surgery. He'll have surgery on Saturday."
Cutler, 33, suffered the tear in Chicago's loss at New York on Nov. 20 but finished the game.
Fox initially described the injury as "day to day."

if I'm reading his contract details right (from both spotrac.com and overthecap.com) it doesn't look like the Bears are on the hook for much after this season, which of course makes me think I'm reading it wrong since he's signed through 2020, but this could be the end of Jay Cutler in Chicago

His contract was pretty front loaded IIRC, and a reason he hung around so long to begin with. Unfortunate for division rivals that Cutler will be going bye, bye, bye.