Cherry

Dear Bware

Carson Wentz is average af. Bite me.

Still better than Jared Goff. :)

Well so is Brock Osweiler but I don't think anyone is rushing to have Brock as their QB.

Outside of Houston anyway :shifty:

Goff's HC said Danny Woodhead would dangerous today

:lol:

Goff's HC said Danny Woodhead would dangerous today

Wentz's HC isn't much smarter.

Yeah, he's so average with his excellent arm strength, extremely high football IQ, excellent mobility, and much better pocket awareness than you thought he had. He's so average. You realize Carson Wentz's TD total would be practically DOUBLED if there weren't so many dropped touchdowns?

Has he been great lately? No. He was never going to be great all season long with such suspect weaponry around him. Somebody please tell me that there is a stat out there for the number of dropped passes that have occurred with Wentz's receivers? I mean, the number has to be astronomical. There are multiple first downs dropped by Eagles receivers in every single game this season, and in many games there have been dropped TD passes. It's just un-fucking-believable how many drops they've had.

Average arm strength that he uses to overthrow receivers and get picked off with. Extremely high football IQ I won't disagree with, he is great at dinking and dunking with premium accuracy. Excellent mobility my ass. He's run the ball 35 times for 97 yards this year. Averaging 3-8 is not special. His pocket awareness is fine behind a stable pocket when he plays shit teams like Cleveland and Chicago. :p

3 TDs to 8 INTs in his past 5 games. Like 5 TDs to 10 INTs in his last 8. Carson is turning out to be exactly what I pegged him as. An average starter who is great at moving chains but has severe issues when he tries to stretch the field due to deep ball accuracy issues. He's becoming a turnover machine, and I am far from surprised. :shrug:

Edited by Chernobyl426

The entire deck is stacked against Wentz. He's a rookie QB playing under a rookie HC, with ass gravy for receivers. It's not really an excuse. But there is a lot of room to improve there.

Edited by Sarge

As usual, Sarge finds the silver lining. Wentz owns plenty of the blame for the Eagles this year, but to say he'll never be better than he is this year is incredibly naive.

Hey, if another member wants to hate on a Philadelphia Eagles player, let them do so.

I'll always commend this type of behavior from our fellow TGP members.

Average arm strength? Now you're just talking out of your ass. Plus, you're ignoring how little help he has. You put him in Dallas and he's lighting the league on fire with 25+ TD passes already.

As usual, Sarge finds the silver lining. Wentz owns plenty of the blame for the Eagles this year, but to say he'll never be better than he is this year is incredibly naive.

There's already a silver lining that's obvious to anybody with eyes. You have a big, strong, smart, mobile QB who can make any throw. You guys are set for 10+ years. Now put pieces around him.

Also, it's no coincidence that the loss of Lane Johnson started this severe drop off

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

His throwing motion needs work or Defenses will continue to exploit it.

Average arm strength? Now you're just talking out of your ass.

He can't get the ball more than 30 yards without it floating on him. :shrug:

Average arm strength? Now you're just talking out of your ass. Plus, you're ignoring how little help he has. You put him in Dallas and he's lighting the league on fire with 25+ TD passes already.

I think a lot of guys would be better than they are if put into ideal conditions.

• Upvote 1

Winston had Mike Evans and Doug Martin last year...

Winston had Mike Evans and Doug Martin last year...

Mike Evans dropped every other pass thrown at him last year. Martin was solid, but that was about all Winston had going for him.

Average arm strength that he uses to overthrow receivers and get picked off with. Extremely high football IQ I won't disagree with, he is great at dinking and dunking with premium accuracy. Excellent mobility my ass. He's run the ball 35 times for 97 yards this year. Averaging 3-8 is not special. His pocket awareness is fine behind a stable pocket when he plays shit teams like Cleveland and Chicago. :p

3 TDs to 8 INTs in his past 5 games. Like 5 TDs to 10 INTs in his last 8. Carson is turning out to be exactly what I pegged him as. An average starter who is great at moving chains but has severe issues when he tries to stretch the field due to deep ball accuracy issues. He's becoming a turnover machine, and I am far from surprised. :shrug:

Derek Carr used to be a tiny boy, now he is a member of AC/DC.

I think your jumping the gun on a rookie who is still learning the game at the professional level. Remember this is a probably a bigger step up in competition that any other rookie QB in recent years seeing as he was playing in the FCS.

If this was year 3 then by all means slate the hell out of Wentz but being real here, he isn't even out of his first season. He's pretty much average to what you would expect for a rookie. Plus the weapons he has at WR are oretty much diabolical, Wentz is the foundation to build that offence around.

Competition level doesn't matter. He had complete and utter shit for WRs and TEs in college and had to throw into constant tight windows. He wasn't throwing to wide open guys pretty much ever.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Competition level doesn't matter.

This times 1000. Wentz had NFL quality at an FCS level. He's been the same since day one we've been watching him.

Starting to think Wentz's ceiling in the NFL is Matt Ryan. Smart, capable QB who can get you to the playoffs but still has too many inexplicable throws. Will need elite talent around him to win a Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

Well you could do a lot worse if that ends up being true. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Starting to think Wentz's ceiling in the NFL is Matt Ryan. Smart, capable QB who can get you to the playoffs but still has too many inexplicable throws. Will need elite talent around him to win a Super Bowl.

He just has way too many passes that sail and get put in harms way when he tries to stretch the field. Very smart player but physically inconsistent. Also, lmfao at anyone who thought him running the read option in college would translate to being dual-threat, or even a Luck type scrambler at pro level.