Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

US Sending More Troops to Syria

Two hundred additional American special operations troops are headed to Syria to help Syrian Kurdish and Arabic forces fighting ISIS, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Saturday at a security conference in Bahrain.

The troop increase will bring the total number of U.S. troops in Syria to 500.

A defense official said the additional troops will help train, advise and assist the growing number of Syrian rebel forces preparing to retake and hold Raqqa, ISIS' de facto capital city in Syria.

Carter, who made the announcement at the International Institute for Strategic Studies' Manama Dialogue, said the additional forces will help "to continue organizing, training, equipping, and otherwise enabling capable, motivated, local forces to take the fight to ISIL, and also bringing down to bear the full weight of U.S. forces around the theater of operations like the funnel of a giant tornado."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/200-us-troops-headed-syria-ash-carter/story?id=44103634

I can't wait for this to be over.. How many wars do we need to fight?

All of them. Fight all the wars.

Deport all the muslims.... to HELL. *fires gun in the air and fucks my cousin*

• Upvote 2

WITHDRAW FROM SYRIA PLS DAHNALD

lol if you think thats happening. It just means we're gonna be working with the assad.

• Upvote 1

lol if you think thats happening. It just means we're gonna be working with the assad.

My assumption is we just let Russia & Assad fuck up ISIS. :shrug: Better than sticking our hand in a fucking beehive.

America will never let Russia gain any kind of a foothold in the Middle East without war. We have way too many economic interests in that region of the world. We should just invest in green energy and let Russia deal with nation building in the Middle East, but we also make a lot of money going to war in general on top of trying to control the old coming out of there; or at least defense contracting companies and they make it off the tax payers backs. We might be looking at WWIII just as much as we were with Clinton, honestly.

Yes I know this is Obama's call but it looks like Trump is just going with the status quo, just as I thought he would. It really doesn't matter who is president because neither established political party will ever allow anyone who isn't a puppet to make it anywhere (Bernie Sanders).

Edited by seanbrock

America will never let Russia gain any kind of a foothold in the Middle East without war. We have way too many economic interests in that region of the world. We should just invest in green energy and let Russia deal with nation building in the Middle East, but we also make a lot of money going to war in general on top of trying to control the old coming out of there; or at least defense contracting companies and they make it off the tax payers backs. We might be looking at WWIII just as much as we were with Clinton, honestly.

Yes I know this is Obama's call but it looks like Trump is just going with the status quo, just as I thought he would. It really doesn't matter who is president because neither established political party will ever allow anyone who isn't a puppet to make it anywhere (Bernie Sanders).

Even if a non-puppet wins an election, they are just going to kill them.

• Upvote 2

Yeah you're probably right about that. People who think this line of thinking is purely tin foil hat conspiracy stuff, look up The Business Plot of 1933. Big business tried to organize a military coup against FDR and the guy the approached (Smedley Butler) to lead the coup told them to fuck off and held a news conference letting the world know. You don't find that in any history books in schools and I wonder why lol.

It's also kind of funny that we're sending money to Saudi Arabia who is sending money to Isis to fight Assad. We profit greatly from perpetual war in this area of the world. This is so crazy lol but it's really not because we've been doing this for a long time in South/Latin America and the Middle East.