Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Jon Gruden Willing to "Listen" if Rams Call

Those close to Gruden have indicated he would listen to a Rams pitch, however, and that he might be interested in a return to coaching after seven years as color analyst for ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.” He knows quarterbacks, turned around a dead-in-the-water Oakland Raiders franchise and won a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay at the end of the 2002 season (by beating his former Raiders team).

It’s worth noting that Gruden and Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ top executive, worked together with the Buccaneers.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/12/12/13933282/la-rams-jeff-fisher-fired-candidates-jon-gruden

What do you think? Has Gruden been out of the game too long? Will he ever come back to coaching? Could he bring success to the Rams?

I think the would be a great fit, he has young QB to work with and he is great teacher when it comes to fine tuning mechanics.

He has a history with the GM so they know how to work together. I see this working

I don't think he will come back, but if he does, that's just the splash the Rams want to make.

Ready to make some Gruden grinders out of the bunch of misfits on that roster.

ESPN will give him a raise and he won't leave. It's a great move by Gruden's agent.

Don't know about that. ESPN is known for giving their staff the boot, especially lately. Either that or they just let their staff just walk.

Edited by Sparty

Why the hell would Gruden leave the booth for the dumpster fire that is the LA Rams? He could easily land another job with a much better situation lol.

• Upvote 1

It's just like all the Bill Cowher "rumors" that seemed to pop up every offseason for years. Shit ain't happening!

• Upvote 1

I could see Gruden taking on a challenge such as the Rams, it would be his style that is for sure. He also probably misses casting with Tirico, probably more than I do. Still... I would miss him in the booth.

I don't really get the hype with Gruden anyways. He was never really that good in Tampa and he couldn't develop or find a Qb almost his entire tenure there. He had Brad Johnson play mid level well for a few years and thats really it.

• Upvote 1