Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Broncos Locker Room Erupts

When the beaten Broncos spilled into the locker room, before the door was opened to reporters and other outsiders, coach Gary Kubiak gathered his players and asked if anyone wanted to address the team. Veteran left tackle Russell Okung, who signed with the Broncos last March, stepped forward to speak, and cornerback Aqib Talib strongly objected. According to several witnesses, that set off a spirited shouting match between the team's defensive backs and offensive linemen -- one which Kubiak had to diffuse before it turned ugly.

"Pretty much your classic offense vs. defense divide," as one Denver player described it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000759572/article/denver-broncos-frustrations-boil-over-after-loss-to-patriots

My question is... Did John Elway fuck the Broncos this season by not getting a viable quarterback to play with a SB caliber defense?

No, the QB play does not have a chance given that the offensive line is terrible and the receivers have bricks for hands.

They put a lot of money into that WR group, too. Lol. DT and Sanders make up almost 15% of their cap... They should be carrying that offense. Then again, we all know WRs are the least game-changing/impacting position in maybe all of football.

• Upvote 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000759572/article/denver-broncos-frustrations-boil-over-after-loss-to-patriots

My question is... Did John Elway fuck the Broncos this season by not getting a viable quarterback to play with a SB caliber defense?

What were his options? We now know he was smart to show Osweiler the door, and he aggressively drafted Paxton Lynch. Should they have traded for Romo at the deadline or something?

• Upvote 1

All you need is adequacy at the position in my opinion..Scott Tolzein would have been a nice grab, Matt Moore was available as was Chase Daniel. And yes, I think they could have made a big move for a Romo or even Drew Brees. Some reports say Romo's preferred destination is Denver, anyway.

I think really anything other than what they did would have been better.

And maybe it's different if we know that Elway knew about the problem.. He knew he didn't want to go into this season with Trevor Semen as his starter... He offered Brock like $60M and went and grabbed Mark Sanchez (lol). He knew something had to be done, but he did it in a half-assed way.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I can't speak for the man, but I would guess that Elway saw Siemian/Lynch as being equal in talent to those guys (Tolzien, Moore, etc.) and didn't want to surrender draft capital for a trade knowing he needed to spend a lot to move up for Lynch in the first place.

Trevor Siemian is not the issue with our offense.

• Upvote 1

Broncos were not getting Brees or Romo lol. Good qbs don't become FAs that often. They had worse QB play last year and still won a SB.

LOL Siemian has played incredible while being one of the most hit QBs in the league and our run game averaging 2 ypc. Not to mention the ridiculous drops in the last two games. Harambe ain't losing shit for us. Protect him and he will win games I guarantee it.

As for the lockerroom ruckus, I love it. Okung has been a sack of shit since we signed him. Talib is one of our best and easily most respected players in that locker room. Say what you want about his antics or w/e but he's one of our only players you can count on going 110% all game every game. He's trying to be a leader on an obviously leaderless team.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Stevo is right here the only one of those guys you named that would be an upgrade over Siemian would be Brees and the Broncos would have to dismantle a team that JUST won a super bowl to make room for his salary and just to be able to offer the Saints the kind of package it would take to move Brees.

LOL Siemian has played incredible while being one of the most hit QBs in the league and our run game averaging 2 ypc. Not to mention the ridiculous drops in the last two games. Harambe ain't losing shit for us. Protect him and he will win games I guarantee it.

As for the lockerroom ruckus, I love it. Okung has been a sack of shit since we signed him. Talib is one of our best and easily most respected players in that locker room. Say what you want about his antics or w/e but he's one of our only players you can count on going 110% all game every game. He's trying to be a leader on an obviously leaderless team.

Your definition of incredible is skewed because you had to watch the worst QB in the league last year...

Trevor Siemian is still factually better than Scott Tolzien, Mark Sanchez, or whatever garbage was out there.

Trevor Siemian is still factually better than Scott Tolzien, Mark Sanchez, or whatever garbage was out there.

Not factually.. Matt Moore's QB rating is 30+ points higher.

• Downvote 1

Matt Moore played the Jets and no one else.

lol @ Okung being the voice of reason :lol:

Your definition of incredible is skewed because you had to watch the worst QB in the league last year...

While not untrue :lol: , he's still playing well enough to win almost every game he's played if he would get any help at all.

From Denver Post article (before NE)

Siemian is not the problem. He’s thrown for more than 300 yards in each of his last two starts. Against Kansas City, he had 368, with three touchdowns and zero interceptions; only Manning and Elway have thrown for at least 350 yards with three TDs and zero picks in a game for the Broncos. At Tennessee, Siemian had 334 yards, and likely would have had 400 if it weren’t for some drops late in the game. Had Bennie Fowler caught his pass on second-and-goal late in the fourth quarter at Tennessee, the Broncos likely would have left with a victory. Siemian put the Broncos in position to get the win after a shoddy first half, but opportunities to close it out were squandered.
In 11 games, Siemian has thrown for 16 touchdowns and seven interceptions. In 10 games last year, Manning threw for nine touchdowns and 17 interceptions. Sure, you can blame Siemian for a few of his 27 sacks by drifting behind the line of scrimmage, but certainly not all. He lacks support around him. The offensive line is porous, to put it politely, and the run game has been dead for a while.

Alright JD calm down bud lol.

Alright JD calm down bud lol.

Matt Moore is this year's Josh McCown. :yao:

• Upvote 2

Matt Moore is this year's Josh McCown. :yao:

I was on the Matt Moore train before anyone else. :no: Said Broncos should grab him over Sanchize.