Favre4Ever

NFL Won't Fine Ezekiel Elliot

Jerry Jones wanted the league to fine Ezekiel Elliott for leaping into a Salvation Army Red Kettle.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the NFL will not fine Elliott for leaping into the kettle. The NFL later confirmed the decision not to slap the rookie with a reprimand.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000759706/article/nfl-wont-fine-ezekiel-elliott-for-leaping-into-kettle

In case you missed it:

https://twitter.com/EzekielElliott/status/810870304092409856/photo/1

I thought it was a great, hilarious, and fun celebration. Everyone in sports radio was freaking out this morning because he was flagged and they were assuming he would get fined.

League had different plans, apparently. I don't think he should have been flagged either, but why do you guys think he will not be fined? Is the league being generous because this is giving publicity to a charity or is this a sign of bigger things to come where they loosen up their policy on TD celebrations over all?

I think he should be suspended. Not allowed to use props or plan celebrations. Only gonna get worse from here after Goodell drops the hammer and bans him next year for being a woman beater. Then he'll go on a crack binge with Michael Irvin. :D

It was awesome and creative not to mention hilarious

The celebration is awesome and one that you wouldn't expect to see on the football field plus considering the exposure that celebration got the Salvation Army which is a charity, it would be shitty of the NFL to fine Zeek for a celebration that involved a charity.

Does Jerry Jones like to piss his players especially rookies off.

He got them almost 200k in donations. Shouldn't of been a flag and frankly most celebrations shouldn't be. The only thing delaying games is excessive commercials

Reggie Brown did this in like '08 or something. Zeke is an unoriginal bum.

• Upvote 1

He got them almost 200k in donations. Shouldn't of been a flag and frankly most celebrations shouldn't be. The only thing delaying games is excessive commercials

I read on ESPN that is also worked out at around $4 million in Equivalent Advertising so it was huge for the Salvation Army.

Reggie Brown did this in like '08 or something. Zeke is an unoriginal bum.

That's almost 8 years ago bro, hardly anyone would remember it plus the extra expose they got plus Zeek is still donating what he would been fined. It's worked out beautifully for both sides

Players shouldn't be fined for celebrations anyways, but if the league wants to fine other players they should fine Zeke too. Can't pick and choose.

• Upvote 1

Players shouldn't be fined for celebrations anyways, but if the league wants to fine other players they should fine Zeke too. Can't pick and choose.

Looks like they are doing exactly that.

Well OBJ was right about there being double standards, He wore cleats that were a tribute to the late Craig Sager that were after the game sold at auction for cancer charities and yet he still gets fine!

BTW I still find the cleat and uniform rule absolute bullshit and one the NFL needs to get rid of. So long as they are team colours, I don't see the problem

BTW I still find the cleat and uniform rule absolute bullshit and one the NFL needs to get rid of. So long as they are team colours, I don't see the problem

I'm pretty sure that is the rule, and these cleats aren't Giants colors:

1221-odell-beckham-craig-sager-cleats-at

what I take issue with on that fine is that he apparently wasn't given a warning or an opportunity to change cleats, which I thought refs were supposed to do for uniform violations

I'm pretty sure that is the rule, and these cleats aren't Giants colors:

1221-odell-beckham-craig-sager-cleats-at

what I take issue with on that fine is that he apparently wasn't given a warning or an opportunity to change cleats, which I thought refs were supposed to do for uniform violations

He has done it so often that he is probably beyond fine warnings... His warnings are probably, "change the cleats or don't come on the field".

You guys realize as long as the Nike symbol is showing Nike covers the fines, right?

Maybe this is just me coming from a soccer background where there is no footwear rule but I feel the fines are ridiculous whether the company are covering the cost or not.

So long as there not offensive who gives a shit.