oochymp

Pro Bowl Rosters

I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about it yet, but the Pro Bowl Rosters were announced today, any thoughts?

AFC Pro Bowl Roster

Offense
WR: Antonio Brown*, Steelers; Amari Cooper*, Raiders; A.J. Green, Bengals; T.Y. Hilton, Colts
T: Joe Thomas*, Browns; Donald Penn*, Raiders; Taylor Lewan, Titans
G: Marshal Yanda*, Ravens; Kelechi Osemele*, Raiders; David DeCastro, Steelers
C: Rodney Hudson*, Raiders; Maurkice Pouncey, Steelers
TE: Travis Kelce*, Chiefs; Delanie Walker, Titans
QB: Tom Brady*, Patriots; Derek Carr, Raiders; Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
RB: Le'Veon Bell*, Steelers; DeMarco Murray, Titans; LeSean McCoy, Bills
FB: Kyle Juszcyzyk*, Ravens
Defense
DE: Khalil Mack*, Raiders; Cameron Wake*, Dolphins; Jadeveon Clowney, Texans
DT: Geno Atkins*, Bengals; Ndamukong Suh*, Dolphins; Jurrell Casey, Titans
OLB: Von Miller*, Broncos; Lorenzo Alexander*, Bills; Brian Orakpo, Titans
ILB: Dont'a Hightower*, Patriots; C.J. Mosley, Ravens
CB: Marcus Peters*, Chiefs; Aqib Talib*, Broncos; Casey Hayward, Chargers; Chris Harris Broncos
FS: Devin McCourty*, Patriots; Reggie Nelson, Raiders
SS: Eric Berry*, Chiefs
Special Teams
P: Pat McAfee*, Colts
K: Justin Tucker*, Ravens
Ret: Tyreek Hill*, Chiefs
ST: Matthew Slater*, Patriots
NFC Pro Bowl Roster
Offense
WR: Julio Jones*, Falcons; Odell Beckham*, Giants; Mike Evans, Buccaneers; Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
T: Tyron Smith*, Cowboys; Trent Williams*, Redskins; Jason Peters, Eagles
G: Zack Martin*, Cowboys; Brandon Scherff*, Redskins; T.J. Lang, Packers
C: Travis Frederick*, Cowboys; Alex Mack, Falcons
TE: Greg Olsen*, Panthers; Jordan Reed, Redskins
QB: Matt Ryan*, Falcons; Aaron Rodgers, Packers; Dak Prescott, Cowboys
RB: Ezekiel Elliott*, Cowboys; David Johnson, Cardinals; Devonta Freeman, Falcons
FB: Mike Tolbert*, Panthers
Defense
DE: Everson Griffen*, Vikings; Cliff Avril*, Seahawks; Michael Bennett, Seahawks
DT: Aaron Donald*, Rams; Gerald McCoy*, Buccaneers; Fletcher Cox, Eagles
OLB: Vic Beasley*, Falcons; Ryan Kerrigan*, Redskins; Thomas Davis, Panthers
ILB: Bobby Wagner*, Seahawks; Luke Kuechly, Panthers
CB: Janoris Jenkins*, Giants; Patrick Peterson*, Cardinals; Richard Sherman, Seahawks; Xavier Rhodes, Vikings
FS: Harrison Smith*, Vikings; Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Packers
SS: Landon Collins*, Giants
Special teams
P: Johnny Hekker*, Rams
K: Matt Bryant*, Falcons
Ret: Cordarrelle Patterson*, Vikings
ST: Dwayne Harris*, Giants
* Indicates starter

Happy for Clowney. Well deserved. He's come a long way since battling all those injuries, and then bulking up to play 5TDE did wonders for him. :yep:

Zero Jags.

Zero cares.

Random thoughts:

• Joe Thomas, what a legend.
  • Amari Cooper? Meh. You could argue he's not the best receiver on his team.
  • Look at all those Titans. That's a team building their roster the right way.
  • Happy for Jason Peters and Fletcher Cox. They both deserved it.
  • Got damn all those Cowboys. You can't argue with any of them, though.

One of the first times I think the Packers got a little hosed.I think David Bakhtiari belongs in there somewhere, Jordy Nelson belongs in the WR group, and Mike Daniels belongs along the defensive line... Oh well, of all things to get snubbed for, it isn't that big of a deal to get snubbed for something that is almost worthless.

Nelson over Weddle is a problem, Sean Lee and Telvin Smith I believe also shoulda made it.

No Lions on is kinda sad, but honestly I don't care about the pro bowl, and the Lions won't be eligible to play in it for obvious reasons...

• Upvote 1

Mike Tolbert being on this thing is a joke. Any Panthers fan would tell you he does not deserve it. His play has been abysmal, he's on it solely because of name recognition.

• Look at all those Titans. That's a team building their roster the right way.

No kidding, I never thought I'd see the day when the Titans made this list:

15589651_10154993629274171_2929483174520

Also, Mariota and Conklin are alternates, Mariota will probably end up in based on how many QBs usually bail on the game

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

It's in Orlando, too... Who the hell wants to go there?

OBJ, Jenkins and Collins are well deserved. Glad Harris got the ST nod too.

Jenkins and Collins in my opinion have both been playing at defensive player of the year calibre and deserve to go and OBJ despite how shitty our offence has been at time was a clear choice.

I'm actually quite happy to see both the Titans and Raiders having a lot of players up there, both have had shitty years but through a proper rebuild have progressed really nicely

Happy for Mike Evans to get his 1st Pro Bowl. McCoy going 5 in a row is dope too. I think David, Alexander and Grimes have chances to get in as alternates too.

Lavonte David may be the most underrated OLB in the NFL. He's a top-5 OLB year in and year out, the position is just stacked as all hell.

We might have the most players in this game...too bad they'll be playing for the SB against the Seahawks in February. :Raiders:

We might have the most players in this game...too bad they'll be playing for the SB against the Seahawks in February. :Raiders:

tumblr_n3dfwlPSL11rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

• Upvote 2

Lavonte David may be the most underrated OLB in the NFL. He's a top-5 OLB year in and year out, the position is just stacked as all hell.

Sacks are overvalued and get a lot of votes when it comes to making pro bowls.

Lavonte David kind of had a down year this year IMO, he still was making plays but I don't think I've seen him make more mistakes in a season. He really settled down during the 5 game win streak though. Kwon Alexander has been the best LB overall this year for us IMO.

From Paul Kuharsky at ESPN (Source):

Philip Rivers is a fine quarterback, but he was presumably the 10th choice for the AFC's Pro Bowl roster.
He'll get a sixth Pro Bowl on his résumé after the three elected players fell out -- Trump's Bitch because he's in the Super Bowl and Ben Roethlisberger and Derek Carr with injuries.
Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota, who was the first alternate, gets no credit for a selection, because he suffered a broken fibula in Week 16.
It appears after Mariota, Andrew Luck (who had recent shoulder surgery) and Alex Smith were, in some order, the fifth and sixth choices. Smith will play, as will Andy Dalton who looks to have been seventh. Trevor Siemian and Tyrod Taylor also passed on invitations because of injuries, which got the league to Rivers, the 10th guy in a 16 team conference.

all the more reason they shouldn't play the game, declare full rosters and have the skills competition, but don't let people so far down the list add a Pro Bowl appearance to their resume

also, who added the filter that turns T om B rady into Trump's Bitch? I can't decide whether it's amusing or obnoxious

Edited by oochymp

Whoever came up with the drone drop needs a bonus