seanbrock

Jabril Peppers

What's this guy going to look like in the NFL? Is he a tweener whose game won't translate or is he a game changing play maker? I feel like there's no middle ground lol.

He's at best a 3rd rd. pick to me at best right now. I put together a big board the other day and he's not very high on it, Not incredibly sold on him.

He's an incredible college athlete, and very good playmaker. You get the impression watching him play that he's got great change of direction ability, and short area burst. In Michigan he's playing in that weird 4-2 defense as a SLB and a 3rd safety, lined up at slot but hovers around the area a lot and you could argue he's a 4 down guy It's a position that many teams have in today's NFL, the Cards have been doing it with Mathieu and the Lions are starting to experiment with Miles Killebrew the same way.

And honestly he's pretty dangerous in general with the ball in his hands so I would even experiment him on offense. So you'd think he'd be an easy 1st rd. early 2nd pick. There are DCs out there with creativity who I think could draft him and turn him into a real stud.

But realistically, every time I've watched him play I've come away underwhelmed.

I think the guy is going to end up in a Patriots uniform.

I haven't done extensive work on him yet but I am a huge fan of his potential. He's incredibly gifted athletically and can get around the field faster than almost anyone else. He's Myles Jack but if Jack were more naturally a safety than a linebacker. The biggest holes in his game are often masked by his speed and ability to accelerate to the ball.

I don't think he's an overwhelming gamechanger yet. He's not the smartest for his position and needs refined as a tackler, but the ceiling is there. I got him as a middle 1st right now but that could change depending on how the rest of the board moves and if he goes up or down when I do my full report.

Won't lie I haven't watched any Michigan football this year, but just from reading this thread it sounds like he is a Deone Bucannon type of player.

• Upvote 1

He's good but I think he will be drafted much higher than he should be. He's a tweener who's a better athlete than football player.

Won't lie I haven't watched any Michigan football this year, but just from reading this thread it sounds like he is a Deone Bucannon type of player.

Great comparison

They did a mini comparison between Peppers and Buchanon in the Orange Bowl.