RazorStar

Playoff Pick Em 2016

I missed the deadline and believe me or not, but this would have been my bracket. Just want to see where my score would've been.

Raiders

Seahawks

Steelers

Giants

Steelers

Patriots

Seahawks

Giants

Steelers

Giants

Looking back I can't believe how dumb I was to take the Chiefs against the Steelers. Fucking Fat Drew.

Looking back I can't believe how dumb I was to take the Chiefs against the Steelers. Fucking Fat Drew.

Raiders 0

Seahawks 1

Steelers 1

Giants 0

Steelers 2

Patriots 1

Seahawks 0

Giants 0

Steelers 4 or 0

Giants -1

• Upvote 1

:Steelers::Falcons: to be different

I'll pick :Falcons: to win it all, also.

Obviously the Patriots are gonna win.

On one side we have the :Falcons: : Lead by a 2nd year head coach; with an entire defense full of young guys, most of whom have never been there before, the vast majority of players never having played in a SB before. In addition, we have a defense that was porous for much of the year, though it has played much better in recent weeks. Granted, the #1 offense in the NFL also is on this team, both in scoring and in yards. We have a team that dominated the Seahawks and then won a blowout in the NFC Championship game.

On the other side we have the :Pats: : Who have the greatest QB of all time going for ring #5 to break the record, the greatest HC of all time going for ring #?- he has a lot- and a whole bunch of SB experience given they won it two years ago. In addition, we have an offense that while they may not inspire as much fear as their counterparts, they do score a lot of points and have some amazing players that just consistently do what is needed. They also have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL to slow down that amazing offense on the other side, as we saw in the AFCCG where they completely shut down Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger, and LeVeon Bell prior to him leaving with his injury.

And yall are seriously favoring Atlanta in this matchup?

Experience and defense > offense and youth. I've seen this movie before.

:Pats: 34

:Falcons: 24

Edited by Thanatos

On one side we have the :Falcons: : Lead by a 2nd year head coach; with an entire defense full of young guys, most of whom have never been there before, the vast majority of players never having played in a SB before. In addition, we have a defense that was porous for much of the year, though it has played much better in recent weeks. Granted, the #1 offense in the NFL also is on this team, both in scoring and in yards. We have a team that dominated the Seahawks and then won a blowout in the NFC Championship game.

On the other side we have the :Pats: : Who have the greatest QB of all time going for ring #5 to break the record, the greatest HC of all time going for ring #?- he has a lot- and a whole bunch of SB experience given they won it two years ago. In addition, we have an offense that while they may not inspire as much fear as their counterparts, they do score a lot of points and have some amazing players that just consistently do what is needed. They also have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL to slow down that amazing offense on the other side, as we saw in the AFCCG where they completely shut down Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger, and LeVeon Bell prior to him leaving with his injury.

Thank you, Phil Elliot.

That makes no sense, Sparty. Phil would say there's no way the Patriots will win because Goodell won't let them.

That makes no sense, Sparty. Phil would say there's no way the Patriots will win because Goodell won't let them.

You said football was a movie, so I took the opportunity. :smug:

Slight-to-extreme competitive advantages in a game of inches will do that.

In a game that should be a shoot out I can't pick against Brady. I hope i'm wrong and the Falcons win.

:Pats:

Well the final winner is going to come down to the last game after all. If Atlanta wins, Oochy will hold his victory at 14 points. If New England wins, Weapon will grab another 4 points, and overtake Oochy with 15. Everyone else is basically competing for pride at this point, but there's a chance some of you will have guessed ten out of the 11 playoff games correctly.

Oochy 14 (End 14)
WeaponX 11 (max 15)
FartWaffles 9
Sparty 9
Mav 9
Thanatos 8
Seanbrock 7
Blots 7
SteVo 7
WhoDak? 8 (end 6)
PhilElliot 6
Bay 6
Jayrus 6
Vin 7 (End 5)
RazorStar 3 (max 7)
Ace 3
Churlz 3

I'm picking the Falcons. Fuck the Patriots.

The Falcons will jump out big early and surprise the Patriots. New England will come back to tie late and then Matty Ice drives down last min to have a GW FG.

34-31 Falcons

Slight-to-extreme competitive advantages in a game of inches will do that.

Competitive advantages such as what, exactly?

• Downvote 1

Such as having the greatest coach and quarterback in NFL history on their team.

Don't be intentionally dense, it doesn't suit you. Your regular denseness is enough.

I'm not being intentionally dense, I didn't want to assume you were doing what I thought you were doing, which was accusing the Patriots of cheating somehow in the AFCCG. I thought that would be a large leap of logic given that I have heard no such claims anywhere on the internet.

If you are saying something else, I legit don't know what you're talking about. Unless you are talking about the coach and the QB, but I mentioned that.

Edited by Thanatos

Such as having the greatest coach and quarterback in NFL history on their team.

I'll buy Belichick as the greatest coach ever but to me Tom Brady can't be the greatest QB of all time because of how good otherwise garbage QB's look when Brady has missed time. Most teams aren't dominant still with back up QB's. Great teams can win with back up QB's but not like the Pats. They completely shit on a playoff team with one of the best defenses in the league with their back up QB this year. I'm not saying Tom Brady isn't great and that he's not a hall of fame and all that but to me it disqualifies him from being the GOAT.

As for the Pats cheating, where there's smoke there's fire. You don't see these kinds of accusations with other teams. I'm sure they get away with a lot of shit. They have a guy on their staff whose job it is to find ways for them to cheat and their record at home as Zack has pointed out is suspiciously good. This year I think the Steelers beat themselves with bad execution and a bad game plan on both sides of the ball. You can't make mistakes against that team but I don't think there should be any doubt that part of their success can be attributed to cheating.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1