Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Kirk Cousins' next contract will be...

Despite his numbers, can you look at one win on the Redskins schedule that wows you? I don't see any. The only arguable one is the Packers win this season but that was when the Packers were at rock bottom. Two years in a row of poor performances when it counted the most. These were kind of the concerns last season..... Since he has a lot of leverage over the Redskins, he will likely get an over priced contract or more guarantees then he should get (or even an extra year). Good for Kirk...I don't think he has earned it yet though. Guarantees should be front loaded.

3 years / $63 m ($21m avg) / $28.35m (45%)

They can't get away with giving him the franchise tag again, can they? Somebody is gonna pay him big money.

5 Years, 102 million, 48 mill guaranteed.

He's been better than Brock.. done more than Brock... plays at the level of an Andrew Luck... So, I honestly don't see why he shouldn't get paid. He can be wildly inconsistent at times, which you can't like... And there may be some locker room concerns... But, even if the Redskins don't want to overlook that stuff, other teams will.

The fact of the matter is that some team will pay him big bucks. If the Skins dont want to start over at the QB position, it will be them.

F4E, Kirk currently makes more than Brock. That shoud already be settled.

The fact of the matter is that some team will pay him big bucks. If the Skins dont want to start over at the QB position, it will be them.

Not the best year to start over at QB. Draft is fairly weak.

F4E, Kirk currently makes more than Brock. That shoud already be settled.

Not the best year to start over at QB. Draft is fairly weak.

Yes, but part of the reason they tagged him was so they didn't have to lock in long term to a guy they weren't totally sure about. There was a chance, in the offseason, they would've brought him back but on a much cheaper deal... That shouldn't be the case. He outplayed expectations, IMO and has for almost two years now. He deserves big money in my opinion -- but definitely has things he can still improve on.

Most quarterbacks aren't perfect, but the Redskins aren't going to find anyone better. They're gonna pay him, and big.

5 years 100 mil 40 mil guaranteed

I'm reading that he could make up to 87 to 90 million guaranteed. Which is crazy, but understandable considering the market.

I don't think he's worth all of that. I'd sign him to a 5 year deal with an option after year 3. I'm honestly not sold on him still.

I'm reading that he could make up to 87 to 90 million guaranteed. Which is crazy, but understandable considering the market.

6iNpwRS.png

• Upvote 1

In conclusion, fuck Adam Smith and the invisible hand.

• Upvote 1

Cousins is gonna be a Bear because they wanna be big spenders..

There's no chance Kirk Cousins isn't in a Redskins uniform next year. They'll make him the highest paid player in the league. We're talking about Dan Snider here. Does anyone really think anyone is going to outbid him for his own QB?

1 year/$23,493,600

I'll be the one to predict it, the Skins offer him something comparable to Osweiler, Cousins asks for something closer to Andrew Luck, the two sides don't get close and Cousins plays next season on a franchise tag again

To Razor: someone else might want to pay him big bucks, but pay big bucks and give the Skins two first rounders?

Edited by oochymp

4/75/45

Not the Redskins.

If he's not franchise tagged, (the likliest of scenarios) he will sign with the team that hires Kyle Shanahan as HC.

The Redskins have had more sustained success with Cousins than they've had since Gibbs' first run with the team in the 80's and early 90's. They tagged him last year as insurance against him being a 1 year wonder and this year he had his ups and downs but they're not in position to upgrade the position in the draft or free agency. It's hard to come across a good QB in this league. The Redskins will lock him up long term. They've never been afraid to spend money.

5 years 110 mil, 55 guaranteed.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

5 years, 125 million, 70 million guaranteed.

It will be 7 games before washington regrets it.

5 years, 125 million, 70 million guaranteed.

It will be 7 games before washington regrets it.

That's not how Kirk Cousins plays.

There may be 7 games over the span of the first season that they have their doubts though.

That's not how Kirk Cousins plays.

There may be 7 games over the span of the first season that they have their doubts though.

So you think they'll just cut ties? Cousins knows there's some team out there that will pay him whatever he wants. I think it would cause a problem in the locker room if they tag him again and the chances of the skins finding anyone comparable in the off season is slim to none.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7486/kirk-cousins

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers would go "hard" after Kirk Cousins if he is available.

Even if the Redskins hit Cousins with another franchise tag, Schefter reports the 49ers may be willing to part with a trade package that includes the No. 2 overall pick to land the quarterback. With former offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan almost certain to take over as head coach, Cousins would likely be open to a move to San Francisco. There is little doubt Washington will place the exclusive franchise tag on Cousins if the two sides cannot work out a long-term deal, but even that might not be the end of the saga.

2nd Overall pick... okay, now let's calm down.

How to ruin your franchise for dummies

It's one pick and in this QB class Cousins would be preferable to those options. Plus he's familiar with their top pick for a HC. Top 15 QB's don't grow on trees. I think it would be a good move for the 49ers personally. It would be a huge help for Shannahan to install his new offense.

• Upvote 2