Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Who will Tony Romo play for next season?

Romo's destination next season  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Tony Romo play for in the 2017 regular season?

• Broncos
    • Texans
    • Cardinals
    • Rams
    • Bills
    • Vikings
    • Bears
    • 49ers
    • Jets
    • Back in Dallas
    • Other (please specify)

Ian Rapoport says the Chiefs have decided they need to upgrade at QB and that Romo could be a target.

Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 'Nam and their answer is bringing in a broken down Romo who was never much of a playoff QB in the first place? I've been openly critical of Andy Reid for years now but I'm fairly confident that this is not his idea.

As for Alex Snith, the 49ers thought were upgrading over over him a few years back and we see how that worked out. Alex Smith has a noodle arm, sure. He's not spectacular, granted but he has won an awful lot of football games.

How good the Texans are outside of the quarterback position, I'd personally take the risk if it were possible to trade for/sign him. Who knows how much longer the Texans can keep this good of a roster intact? My guess is a season or two max. Gotta swing for the fences IMO.

This is why they took a gamble on Osweiler.

I think they will try for one of the options out there but whether they have the cap or balls after being stung by the Osweiler debacle is yet to be seen.

• Upvote 1

Yeah but if they keep Romo upright they're going to get elite QB play, lay waste to their division, and probably earn a top 2 AFC seed. This is Houston's chance, and Houston is the best place for Romo, period. Denver sounds nice but they have no OL and a new coach who was a shitty coordinator this past year with no business being hired as a HC. Denver is a trap. KC would be nice but I really think Houston is the place to be for Romo.

Houston's o-line is a weakness of the team too though...

Duane Brown is pretty much the only solid player on the line, and he's getting up there in age.

Nick Martin has potential, but he sat out his entire rookie season on IR, so he's still an unknown at this point.

Derek Newton just suffered a terrible injury tearing BOTH of his patellar tendons and might even sit the entire 2017 season. His career is pretty much in doubt.

Sua'Filo is meh, and the rest of the o-linemen are a bunch of JAGs.

Texans need to address o-line in the draft, and very likely will use their first round pick toward it.

According to ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer, the Jaguars were mentioned as a potential suitor for Tony Romo "in private discussions with executives and coaches" at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Archer confirms the Broncos and Texans remain the favorites to land Romo, but the Jags came up among league-insider speculation. At very least, it's an interesting suggestion. The Jaguars have big-time talent at wide receiver and a top 10-15 defense, and they just traded for 32-year-old LT Branden Albert. 70-year-old Jaguars EVP Tom Coughlin almost certainly has designs on winning now. Jacksonville is armed with the NFL's third most cap space.

Source: ESPN Dallas

Wat-Meme-Grandma-Travels-Through-a-Space