Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Who will Tony Romo play for next season?

Romo's destination next season  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Tony Romo play for in the 2017 regular season?

• Broncos
    • Texans
    • Cardinals
    • Rams
    • Bills
    • Vikings
    • Bears
    • 49ers
    • Jets
    • Back in Dallas
    • Other (please specify)

I don't think that there's been a topic about this yet. What do y'all think? My guess is Denver, but it's early, so who knows.

Edited by BLUE

Retirement after going out with a super bowl ring.

If he goes anywhere they better have a good offensive line or he's not gonna last long.

I'd think that given his long list of injuries over his career, offensive line quality will factor into the decision. Can't see the Rams or Cardinals improving their O-line much between now and next year. Or if he's going to go to one with a bad line, at least go to a team that has a lot of other strengths like Denver. But for O-line consideration, Chicago maybe?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season/

Edited by BC

I'll say :Bills: Denver's offensive line will get him killed. Though, we should remember this all depends on whether he gets traded or released outright. How demanding/generous is Jerry Jones going to be?

He'll play for Denver for 5 weeks, then play for Denver's injured reserve list.

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Broncos are Tony Romo's "No. 1 spot."
With Dak Prescott staking his claim to the starting job in Dallas, the Cowboys will certainly look to shop Romo this offseason. Denver would be his preferred destination, though according to Rapoport, the Broncos aren't "inclined" to trade for him. Other potential fits include the Cardinals, Jets and Texans. Rapoport is hearing from league executives that the Cowboys could hold onto Romo until a major injury arises and shop him to the quarterback-desperate team. Either way, the Cowboys should be able to fetch a first- or second-round pick for Romo. Jan 15 - 2:19 PM

Edited by BLUE

Anyone who pays a first rounder for Romo is dumb. Even if their starting QB goes down. Even in a scenario like Minnesota and Philly where the Eagles ended up paying a good chunk of Bradford's contract. The guy looked like he could still play in the one drive he had against the Eagles. He's incredibly talented the risk of injury here is just enormous.

Anyone who pays a first rounder for Romo is dumb. Even if their starting QB goes down. Even in a scenario like Minnesota and Philly where the Eagles ended up paying a good chunk of Bradford's contract. The guy looked like he could still play in the one drive he had against the Eagles. He's incredibly talented the risk of injury here is just enormous.

How good the Texans are outside of the quarterback position, I'd personally take the risk if it were possible to trade for/sign him. Who knows how much longer the Texans can keep this good of a roster intact? My guess is a season or two max. Gotta swing for the fences IMO.

• Upvote 1

Texans would probably need Dallas to pay a lot of his contract given how bad the Osweiler deal is. I'm guessing in that sense they'd have to give up multiple draft picks.

Texans would probably need Dallas to pay a lot of his contract given how bad the Osweiler deal is. I'm guessing in that sense they'd have to give up multiple draft picks.

Yeah, it's not really feasible for the Texans. I'm just saying that there are scenarios where if feasible it would most definitely be worth the risk to go after Romo.

Texans would be awesome. They would have to trade Brock to a team that is tanking or something though.

I'd say Bears or Jets. Both have interesting offenses, cap space, and a need for a QB. Might want to dodge the Bears, that is a tough division.

Broncos offer the highest upside but Romo was out of shape at TC, that is a huge red flag to me. He would be playing behind a shaky offensive line unless major improvements are made. Also, the Broncos already have two options at QB.

Broncos made a lot of sense but they can't afford to take his contract back and I honestly am not sure he's worth it with that OL for them. The Texans would be a good fit and have an obvious need at QB. I think the Jets are a dark horse team, I can see them believing a healthy Romo gives them a shot at the playoffs.

I actually feel sorry for Romo because in the 1 drive had against the Eagles he looks like he can still play but this dude cannot hold up to the punishment of playing as a starting QB in this league anymore. I'd take a flier on him in free agency on a cheap deal but in a trade I would only give up conditional late round picks and I'd want Dallas to eat most of his contract and that'll never happen. Somebody is going to overpay and get fucked over.

I agree with Steven and have been saying this for a while.

Gonna be BuffaRomo time.

• Upvote 1

At what point does it become a more interesting question as to where Jimmy Garappolo plays next year? He's not the most talented QB in the world physically but he's a smart, mobile QB and an accurate passer. I think of all the Patriots QB's that have went on to start for other teams, he's the best. In the right offensive system I think he could have a lot of success. If Josh McDaniels. I'd like to see the Texans go back to the well and go get him.

Cassel looked mighty good too.

Beware the fools gold that is Patiots backup QBs.

I kind of like Jimmy G coming out of the draft though. Cassel was Matt Leinart's back up I believe at USC. It's definitely a risk, but is it more of a risk than taking on a QB in his mid 30's with back issues? idk.

Very different teams will be after Romo and Jimmy. If you've got a team that's ready to compete but lacking at qb (like Denver or Houston) you go for Romo. But, if you're just a little ways along in a rebuild and need a qb you could build around (like Buffalo, Cleveland, or NYJ) you go for Jimmy.

If Carson Palmer retires I would think Arizona is absolutely in the mix for Romo.

If Carson Palmer retires I would think Arizona is absolutely in the mix for Romo.

Absolutely, I didn't realize that was a possibility (though it makes sense) but if Palmer retires they fall squarely in the "ready to compete now but for the QB spot" category.

Edited by oochymp

Palmer would be giving up A LOT of guaranteed money if he retires.

• Upvote 1

I never really thought about Chicago but if they hold on to Alshon that wouldn't be too bad of an option.