Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

As the election is over and today is the day it truly begins, let's move this to a new area.

Incidentally, Trump supporters seem to be very low-energy. Not willing to come out and support him the way Obama supporters were. Sad!

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/822470348725698561

• Downvote 1

Maybe it's because Trump supporters are largely working today. Ya know, like middle class Americans do on a Friday afternoon.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Reading is hard. But yeah, Melania has been ruined for me.

please-never-forget-that-melania-trump-o

Edited by BJORN
  • Upvote 1

Seeing Trump sing along to Lee Greenwood was a nice moment.He so often comes across as this guy with a tough exterior who draws a hard line. It's pleasant to see someone in our highest office be so moved (also looking back to him tearing up as he want to accept his victory on election night) by their love for this country. Say what you want about him as a person, but he does truly care and love this land.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seeing Trump sing along to Lee Greenwood was a nice moment.He so often comes across as this guy with a tough exterior who draws a hard line. It's pleasant to see someone in our highest office be so moved (also looking back to him tearing up as he want to accept his victory on election night) by their love for this country. Say what you want about him as a person, but he does truly care and love this land.

Tell me this is fucking sarcasm and I missed it, Favre. Please. You cannot be serious right now. Donald Trump? Truly love and care for America? That idea would be fucking hilarious were he not just sworn into office. He only cares about his bottom line and his rep. Playing emotional for the cameras really make you think he's some genuine patriot?

Honestly disappointed in you if you're being serious. For all our disagreements in politics, I thought you'd be better than to be hoodwinked by some sleazy conman because he sheds a few tears on camera.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tell me this is fucking sarcasm and I missed it, Favre. Please. You cannot be serious right now. Donald Trump? Truly love and care for America? That idea would be fucking hilarious were he not just sworn into office. He only cares about his bottom line and his rep. Playing emotional for the cameras really make you think he's some genuine patriot?

Honestly disappointed in you if you're being serious. For all our disagreements in politics, I thought you'd be better than to be hoodwinked by some sleazy conman because he sheds a few tears on camera.

People aren't robots, it's nice to see that in the highest office this country has to offer. I've seen enough alligator tears and theater for Obama to know the difference.

if Trump was "only about the bottom line" as you say.. Why would he even want to play up a soft side to the cameras.. According to your logic, wouldn't he probably think crying on camera makes him look weak? He wasn't faking it, guaranteed,

Say whatever else you want about him though, I don't care. Ha.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's because Trump supporters are largely working today. Ya know, like middle class Americans do on a Friday afternoon.

oops didnt mean to neg ya. Scrlling on a phone does that.

Anyways, Trump is our president. He deserves just as much respect as every other president. Let's just see how it goes before we pass out opinions

• Upvote 1

"Regime"

This is going to be a fun four years.

• Upvote 2

W had a much bigger crowd as well.

W had a much bigger crowd as well.

Not to make excuses, but if this is the case (I am just taking your word for it, because I have no idea), maybe the rain had something to do with it. Even if Rand Paul won, I don't think I'd stand / walk / party around in the rain for 5+ hours.

Trump's entire life, his entire being is to fuel and serve his massive ego lol. I have a hard time believing that somebody who is worth as much money as he is gives a fuck about anything other than himself considering how he scammed people out of money with Trump university and stiffed a shit load of his employees and contractors. The man trades in his wives as if they were leased cars. He's a spoiled rich kid all grown up and a total scum bag through and through.

I know you're a Republican and support the GOP but I always saw you as more of a libertarian that wouldn't simply just drink the kool-aid. I was under the impression during the election that you understood just how awful both candidates were.

• Upvote 1

It's possible that deep down beneath all those hair plugs and spray tan, there is a human being in there somewhere... right?

I mean, I've heard more unlikely things in my life.

People aren't robots, it's nice to see that in the highest office this country has to offer. I've seen enough alligator tears and theater for Obama to know the difference.

if Trump was "only about the bottom line" as you say.. Why would he even want to play up a soft side to the cameras.. According to your logic, wouldn't he probably think crying on camera makes him look weak? He wasn't faking it, guaranteed,

Say whatever else you want about him though, I don't care. Ha.

Look weak? You're trolling me, you have to be. You literally cut my comment in half to try to make a point. I said he cares about his bottom line "and his rep."

Trump is incredibly thin-skinned for a politician, as we've seen on Twitter over the past year where he uses his platform to attack anyone who disagrees with him. Not on the basis of their disagreement, usually, but either an attack on the person or their work (Hamilton is overrated anyway, Meryl Streep is an overrated actress), or a red herring that has nothing to do with the larger point that was being made, (Lewis' district is in shambles). In many cases, his comebacks, in addition to being a failure as an argument, are also flat out lies, (Lewis' district is in the 88th percentile in terms of safest cities in Georgia, and is 7% below the national average for crime rate in cities). He cares what people think about him. He is the guy pictured in that old comic. "I can't go to bed, honey, someone is wrong on the internet!"

Trump's base, for the most part, is a bunch of hyper-patriotic individuals. Crying in that scenario would play very well with them. I'd expect to read comments like yours on r/thedonald, not from a self-avowed libertarian.

Also love how you think you can just tell when someone is fake crying. Not possible to fool Favre, no sir. For that matter, at least on election night, even assuming he wasn't playing for the cameras, maybe the guy is just happy he won the election. Ascribing some patriotic motivation for tears just because you want to- especially when we know the character of the man in question- is fucking hilarious.

Edited by Thanatos

YAGPyRb.gif

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 2

Trump's entire life, his entire being is to fuel and serve his massive ego lol. I have a hard time believing that somebody who is worth as much money as he is gives a fuck about anything other than himself considering how he scammed people out of money with Trump university and stiffed a shit load of his employees and contractors. The man trades in his wives as if they were leased cars. He's a spoiled rich kid all grown up and a total scum bag through and through.

I know you're a Republican and support the GOP but I always saw you as more of a libertarian that wouldn't simply just drink the kool-aid. I was under the impression during the election that you understood just how awful both candidates were.

That was dumb of you. As a "liberal" that supported Trump, you should know all about not actually holding the views you claim to.

• Downvote 1

I don't give a fuck if you're the most corrupt piece of shit person in the entire world, if you're in a ceremony to be sworn in as the head of the United States you'd be emotional too.

Edited by Chernobyl426

That was dumb of you. As a "liberal" that supported Trump, you should know all about not actually holding the views you claim to.

Yeah I could have voted for Jill Stein or wrote in Sanders, but I don't see Hillary ever going after the pharmaceutical companies. In some ways Trump is more liberal than she is. Sorry but you don't get to cheat your way to the presidency.

Sean just wanna see that juicy TPP shredded

• Upvote 1

Yeah I could have voted for Jill Stein or wrote in Sanders, but I don't see Hillary ever going after the pharmaceutical companies. In some ways Trump is more liberal than she is. Sorry but you don't get to cheat your way to the presidency.

But not when it comes to womens' rights, LGBTQ rights, healthcare, income inequality, the environment, immigration, discrimination laws, taxation policies, or even pot laws (aka the one thing you actually give a shit about).

Whatever rationale you give to your actions, your vote was identical to what it'd be if you were a klansman.

Edited by blotsfan

That was a big factor. TPP is the worst piece of legislation in world history.

I see Trump already made it more expensive for me to own a house. :welp:

Ehhh, kind of not really... It was a cut that didn't go into effect for another week. So that mortgage is gonna cost you exactly the same as it did yesterday or a week ago.

FHA mortgages are a joke anyway and put a huge burden on taxpayers. We've already bailed them out once and don't need to do it again.

Save your money, have an adequate down payment, and don't expect the taxpayers to subsidize your mortgage.

• Upvote 1

But not when it comes to womens' rights, LGBTQ rights, healthcare, income inequality, the environment, immigration, discrimination laws, taxation policies, or even pot laws (aka the one thing you actually give a shit about).

Whatever rationale you give to your actions, your vote was identical to what it'd be if you were a klansman.

How different was Obama's presidency from George W Bush's? When you look at it the differences were small in actuality and Hillary is actually further right than Obama. Hillary Clinton would do a lot of the same shit Trump will with no opposition from people because most kool-aid drinking dems such as yourselves would be too busy patting themselves on the back for electing the first woman president.

To be honest it's time to move on from the democratic party. They're too corrupt. The few demo we have in Congress couldn't come together with reasonable republicans to support a good bill to vastly reduce the cost of health care by making our scripts cheaper. Hillary is the embodiment of those bad democrats. They need to be purged for a true liberal movement to happen.

• Upvote 2