Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I dont think more armed people/teachers necessarily would change the target location. Mass shooters are usually not planning on survival so the presence of armed people on scene just changes the type of planning.

Targeting schools is popular because of the headlines created and many of these attackers have personal ties to the school. Older shooters tend to pick different locales, it seems.

More guns in schools is a bad idea. Their will be inadvertent or accidental shootings. At some point, a student will gain access to a gun in a state of agitation. There are a lot of potential issues I could see with just a little thought.

• Upvote 1

If you need more than a basic hand gun or shot gun to protect yourself from a home invasion then you might have some serious enemies out there lol. Anyone who says those kind of weapons are for anything but killing, collection, or recreation is being extremely disingenuous or worse, that person may really need some help from a therapist or something. Let's be really about that for 2 seconds.

Having said that, I think that the frustration lies not with what you're saying but rather the dialogue surrounding the issue. It's 100% sensationalism. They like to try and get people so riled up about this shit that it's one issue people vote on. They do the same shit with abortion and gay marriage and it happens with both parties. Meanwhile we're in war after war and wealth continues to be extracted from the people and put into the pockets of plutocrats while we sit here and argue about this, they're sitting back laughing and counting their money.

Talking about kids and the death of kids is a great way to get people behind an issue. As I mentioned earlier, most people care about issues relative to the degrees of separation between them and it. Kids are young, full of potential. A lot of people have kids... or at least know people with kids or have kids in the family that they relate to. And even if not... they were kids at one time.

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

Is that a quote from the Prince? Been a while since I read that sum bitch.

There's some argument about the origin of it... but it's typically credited to Mein Kampf.

Washington State is challenging the FCC's claim that states cannot re-enforce net neutrality laws, because they just did so.

Ajit Pai, (who is currently under investigation for fraud) and the GOP who support him can go fuck themselves.

Next step is definitely the courts as the Trump admin will challenge this. But the FCC definitely does not have the authority to preempt state laws on the matter unless Congress gives them that authority.

Well done, Washington State: https://www.fastcompany.com/40537222/washington-just-passed-the-countrys-toughest-net-neutrality-legislation

“Just because the FCC claims it has the power to preempt state laws doesn’t mean that it actually does,” says Hansen. “I can claim that I have the power to manifest unicorns on the Washington State Capitol lawn. But if you look outside right now, there are no unicorns.”
Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 2

I thought the GOP was all for states rights. I think maybe they're only for the rights of their donors. It's almost like the political system is rigged and our choices are false. Weird.

Being an advocate for states rights means they are willing to undermine their own federal power... Yeah right. lol

In other news, Trump is really embracing gun control. Just as... Stevo (I think?) mentioned. This is one of the most bi-partisan Presidents we have had in a looooong time.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/968952338898591744

Bi-partisan isn't necessarily a good thing. I do hope he can actually get that infrastructure deal done. If he did that and got rid of TPP without just adding it to NAFTA AND me manages to not get into WWIII with Russia he would be a better president than Obama was. Arguably more liberal in some ways too which is fucking mind blowing.

Not necessarily good, I would agree... But the potential for good is a lot greater than touting party lines. A big part of what is wrong with politics is that this two party system has each side gunning for 100% of what they want and in the end not getting a lot done. Obama, the guy who broke barriers and spoke of hope and change was content in doing almost nothing for 5 or so years because it wasn't exactly what he wanted and how. That's unacceptable.

These guys (and girls) need to learn to shoot for 90% of what they and compromise to get comprehensive reform in important areas done.

Listening to each other... Talking to each other... Working together... and fixing things together...

Is not a bad thing.

Trump is not that bi-partisan, but its good to see him trying to do something about gun control. I'll wait to see what happens when the NRA gets to him.

Trump is not that bi-partisan, but its good to see him trying to do something about gun control. I'll wait to see what happens when the NRA gets to him.

Trump has called across party lines to make deals on multiple topics. More so than I recall Bush, Obama, or Clinton doing so... And it's only been a year.

Not necessarily good, I would agree... But the potential for good is a lot greater than touting party lines. A big part of what is wrong with politics is that this two party system has each side gunning for 100% of what they want and in the end not getting a lot done. Obama, the guy who broke barriers and spoke of hope and change was content in doing almost nothing for 5 or so years because it wasn't exactly what he wanted and how. That's unacceptable.

These guys (and girls) need to learn to shoot for 90% of what they and compromise to get comprehensive reform in important areas done.

Listening to each other... Talking to each other... Working together... and fixing things together...

Is not a bad thing.

I totally disagree. I think there is one agenda that matters and that is the agenda of large donors and super pacs. It's why we have the health care we do. It's why banks get bailed out by both parties and it's s why we are perpetually at war against countries that don't attack us. Think about it, why do the individual mandate without the public option? I think the whole fight over that was fake, personally. The topics of debate are set for us and for the most part they're really fucking trivial.All our media is owned by these same people and they're starting to either censor or buy the independent media we have via the Internet. It's all a dog and pony show. It's hard to prove but it isn't hard to figure out if you really look at it.

That's why nobody should EVER vote for ANYONE and I mean ANYONE that takes super pac money. Whatever they say if they say anything of meaning at all is 100% lies.

Edited by seanbrock

I don't inherently disagree with anything you said. Except maybe the fight over the individual mandate being faked... lol. And good luck getting enough people not to vote for candidates with Super Pacs behind them. If it would work, would be great... but without finance reform, I think that's a pipe dream.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Yeah people are so indoctrinated and caught up in these illusions of choice they think they have to vote for Hillary or the Republicans will take away gay marriage. You better vote for Trump or they'll take your guns. They make people afraid so they act on that emotion instead of realizing they're being robbed by a rigged system. These debates will never be solved and nothing final will ever be done one way or the other because they would rather we talk about that than shit that actually matter.

• Upvote 1

Trump putting tariffs on steel and aluminum? :notbad: If he does that AND invests in infrastructure idk man. I'm not a fan of the tax bill and him destroying the EPA and I hate his cabinet and supreme Court selections but those are two fucking awesome policies.

Edited by seanbrock

Radical Liberalism slightly over radical conservativism. Trump over radical liberalism every day of the week.

Trump putting tariffs on steel and aluminum? :notbad:

You're thinking incredibly short-term if you think tariffs on steel and aluminium are a good thing. Can you explain why you think that?

Trump arguing that not having them poses a national security risk is a complete joke and not what was intended by that exception at all.

Edited by Thanatos

Whatever the effect these tariffs might have, what does the US need to do to not get downright boned in trade day in an day out?

I think more needs to be done. I don't think it will work per say but I do think that we need a degree of protectionism. Without more steps taken it could definitely backfire but at least he's doing SOMETHING. Maybe it could make people realize that these trade agreements are fucked. Personally if I was president I would seize companies that try to move overseas and sell them to the employees and give the owners of those companies zero compensation. Wanna be greedy? You get nothing.

I was reading that this is merely a precursor to jumping back in bed with the TPP. Unfortunate if that is the case.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't surprise me. TPP must be stopped at all costs. Good thing is Trump will have a lot harder time getting anything done than Pence or Hillary.

Trump is set to meet with Kim Jong Un by May.

He will be assassinated.