Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Pope Francis is an OG. At least IMO, he's moved the church in the right direction. It was a slow crawl for a long while. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but hopefully when it is time to elect a new Pope, the Cardinals will elect a (relatively) younger person who will continue this momentum plus some.

In other news, China is swinging back on Trump's steel/aluminum tariffs. Introduced similar tariffs but on 128 different American products including pork, steel pipes, and fruit. Trump has said previously that if they did something like this he would take a look at increasing tariffs on other products that are worth close to $60B.

Begun, the Trade Wars have.

I think the trade wars are going to suck in beginning but will be an OPPORTUNITY to be better. We are going to see what we do with that opportunity though.

So apparently Trump said in a talk with Putin that if he wants to have an arms race he (Trump) will win. Also apparently his advisors are trying to get Trump to fund the Ukrainians who are lead by actual Neo-Nazis. He's a Russian bot for sure.

Hilarious how Bernie Sanders is being taken out of context and smeared for telling the truth. Also, what do Obama and King have in common besides their race? I would say not much. If King were alive during Obama's presidency I don't think the fact that Obama was black would keep him from talking about the thousands of civilians Obama murdered in an illegal drone campaign I don't think it would have kept him from talking about poverty or how the bankers crashed the system and got paid for it while millions of people lost their home. You get the point.

The fact is that Dr. King would have been battling this new crop of establishment filth the DCCC has been shoving down our throats just as vigorously as he did Linden Johnson. Using Dr. King and petty identity politics to make this argument is just so fucking sick. Bernie Sanders was fighting some of the same battles as he was as a young man during that time too. Unbelievable man.

• Upvote 1

Anyone find it strange that Assad and Russia would invite United States involvement in a war that they're winning and honestly what are we fighting for? Isis or one of the many terrorist organizations that make up the rebels to take advantage of the power vacuum that toppling the Assad government would create? Our military aggression is pushing us to a conflict that humanity might not survive. If Trump bombs Syria I will agree that he's a puppet, just not Putin's puppet.

If anyone actually believes it was Assad who gassed those people... I will show you a sheep. Dude is WINNING... Trump announced he wants OUT of Syria. Why in the hell would he do that, exactly right now? Makes no sense. Literally none. Absolutely no advantage to that whatsoever.

The industrial military complex however...

Also, because of this "trade war" stuff... Xi Jing Ping says that China would significantly decrease tariffs on American cars (25% before this trade war) which would be a huge boom to our economy alone.

This might just work after all.

• Upvote 2

We need to keep a close eye on relations with Iran. That's what has me so worried about Bolton.

Sean, I have figured it out. You have smoked so much weed you are not permastoned, you are permaparanoid. Are bad things happening? Sure. Have they been happening forever? Yep. Will they happen for the rest of time? Also, yep. I believe that we should not be advocating for war, but I believe the only people crazy enough to start a war that would annihilate the world, are in no position to. That said it is a valuable trait, because sometimes the guy next door does worship the devil lol.

The middle east is one of VERY few places if not the only place that would welcome the apocalypse if it meant crippling the US, at least the people in power over there, but so what? The best military in that region is in our pocket. The overwhelming majority of those countries are absolute garbage as far as military and pose no direct or indirect threat to any middling nation such as India, much less a huge superpower like us.

There only hope is that a major superpower backs them, but they dont. People think Russia backs them, but this is only while it is beneficial for Russia. If It meant a full on war with the US, Russia would quickly cut ties with Syria. Much like Trump has managed to check China (to this point) and North Korea (for now), without firing a single bullet. China is playing ball economically again, and North korea's fat boy knows he ALMOST went to far and got his dumb ass fucked up. Once China said,"You're on you're own if you continue" He realized he had better shut the fuck up and toe the line or it was doomsday for the third world country. Trump is no different.

Nuclear weapons are the greatest deterrent in the modern age, and we have some of the best, more than enough to get the job done anyway, as does Russia. So all countries with them basically have an unspoken agreement that they are not to be used unless a country violates that solemn pact. Trump would back down if Russia said do this, and we are gong to find out what is left of the world when it clears. He loves himself too much not too. That leaves military conflict, and despite claims, no country wants to fight us bad enough to not acquiesce to a reasonable demand. We are too good, and too well versed in it, and while the casualties of an all out ware among any of the big 3 would be enormous, we would not lose, and they now it. That is the most important part.

Things like this will happen, but as long as Trump does not get too, out of line, we are going to survive lol. He has already imo, been better at foreign policy than Obama (never thought I would say that, I will concede). Iran, Syria, or any of those other shithole countries are worth going to war with us, and for us the same is true. It will be a whole lot of blustering and then nothing. This is how it is played. Unless you are NK and you suck at absolutely everything lol.

Edited by Omerta

Trump is telling his advisors to look at re-entering the TPP ... ffs

At this point I would have to agree that Trump is a puppet but not Putin's. Lol

Trump has ordered missile strikes on Syria. Ongoing as we speak.

*sigh*

Trump's behavior is often unprofessional and erratic to the point where he makes me feel uncomfortable. It's a good thing our country has a system of checks and balances otherwise I can't imagine the bad situations he could get us into. I hope the situation with Syria doesn't escalate into another war we can't afford and shouldn't be involved in.

Jeremy Corbyn is a fucking Lion. The BBC is trying to portray him as a Russian bot but he gives no fucks and continues to fight for what is right.

ABC News / Washington Post has Democratic voters and their lead at midterms slipping slightly to 5%.

^

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/384536-the-great-exodus-out-of-americas-blue-cities?amp

This is definitely true in Seattle, it is becoming so expensive to live here that most people are leaving. Even a large businesses, such as Amazon, are talking about moving their headquarters down to Texas. I think a lot of these blue states are going to quickly find out that you can only squeeze blood out of a stone for about 0 minutes. They support all of these social programs, that middle class families are shrinking, and shrinking, and shrinking to the point where they are now lower class. Not that a class system is truly indicative of class, but using that term solely for income purposes.

Here's my position. As long as there is a single starving person in the world there should be no billionaires. Money is made up, people are real. Markets are imaginary, communities are real. We really should just blow the whole thing up and start something new because more and more we're coming to a world where labor won't really even exist. Where do you think robotics will be in 50 years from now? We need to change the way we educate people and all kinds of major, major shit that it seems like most can't even conceptualize because of rigid dogmatic beliefs and the tribalism of the two party system. All acceptable discourse and range of view points are provided for us before we can ever independently form a real opinion.

I don't understand the line of thought it is Rich private citizens job to take care of everyone. I can't get there man.

999 million is a hellllll of a lot of money. Is it really that unreasonable? To end hunger in the US? You're capped off at 999milly so everyone can eat...if that happened in the US, we could probably use that money to end hunger in the entire world. It would probably be enough to give everyone helthcare in America too.

Anyway, what happens when robots, machines and computers make the unemployment rate jump to like 25% in the next 15 years? Let people starve and/or die from having no healthcare? How much longer can capitalism be viable when there are no wages to earn?

First, yes it is unreasonable to take money from private citizens for no reason other thank people think we should give handouts.

Second, it is not their responsibility to take care of citizens. That is the other citizens jobs. This philosophy of GIVE everyone free shit is the absolute incentive killer.

Third, capitalism is the only sustainable form of economy that has worked. Even dating back to ancient times the exchange of goods and services for profit drove economies. This idea of free shit has NEVER worked for a sustainable amount of time.

And finally, you have so many assumptions about the future. Who says robotics doesn't create more jobs, like maintenance positions ? Trade jobs won't go anywhere either. Really the only jobs that leave are the repetitive menial jobs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trump is clamping down on illegal sex trafficking. Roseanne actually commented on this a little while ago and took MASSIVE HEAT from the left and ended up, IIRC, deleting the tweet and apologizing...

For saying Trump was taking a stand against SEX TRAFFICKING.

I don't get people sometimes.