Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Roseanne is Jewish, or was at least born into a Jewish family. Does that make it better? Black can make fun of blacks? White make fun of whites... Jews make fun of Jews?

Like I said earlier... to me Racism is all about intent. Jokes or other off handed comments may not be in the best taste, but if there's no malice there I really don't care. I laugh at lots of different stand up which includes plenty of racist or stereotyped material -- a lot of it against "labels" I fall into. That's why I don't have a problem with South Park...

I really don't think Roseanne has that malice or intent... She is a raunchy shit pot stirring stand up who is depressed, has suffered traumatic brain injuries that altered her behavior, is doped up on a dozen pills... I listened to her interview and believe most of what she says. I also agree with both Ngata (ABC can fire whoever they please for basically any reason they please) and Sean (she should have been more aware tweeting out jokes like that working for ABC).

I think network TV tries it's best not to offend anyone and appeal to as many people as possible for the most part. Conservatives who aren't principaled get butt hurt about stuff and write letters and cry and get shit cancelled too and force people to apologise.

You see it all over Facebook. It was hilarious to see people crying that the view should be cancelled. They make too much money off it. It's a bunch of liberal, stay at home mom's that watch it while normal people work. The rules are different.

I don't think ABC leans left, I think they lean towards wherever they think will make the most money, in fact they're legally obligated to do so and their share holders wouldn't accept taking a loss.

Edited by seanbrock

The View is liberal? It has the daughter of a former Republican candidate for president.

That is the same argument as, I have a black friend, thus I can't be racist.

Edited by Omerta

The View is liberal? It has the daughter of a former Republican candidate for president.

They have one conservative on there that the rest of them.gang up on lol. I'm liberal too but come on man.

Ok I don't really care about the view lol. I just know Meghan McCain spouts her garbage on there at times. Though I think you're seriously overestimating how liberal stay-at-home housewives are. Trump won the vote of white women.

Oh 100%. Totally agree with all of that. @Seans post regarding ABC. For some reason the newer posts didnt show when I clicked on this initially . Weird lol

And yeah the View always has one conservative on there st a time . It was Elisabeth Hassebeck there for a while.

Joy behar kills me .

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Ok I don't really care about the view lol. I just know Meghan McCain spouts her garbage on there at times. Though I think you're seriously overestimating how liberal stay-at-home housewives are. Trump won the vote of white women.

Well when such a small portion of the country votes it's hard to guage where people are on the political spectrum based on election results but you may be right. I just think that ABC believes that those people are liberal. I know it absolutely crushes in ratings for it's time slot but there are a lot of factors to that as well.

Well when such a small portion of the country votes it's hard to guage where people are on the political spectrum based on election results but you may be right. I just think that ABC believes that those people are liberal. I know it absolutely crushes in ratings for it's time slot but there are a lot of factors to that as well.

Do they really talk that much politics? I was under the impression it was mostly a lifestyle show that just dabbles in it a bit.

I don't know. All I've seen is clips of the view from social media. I don't like it so I don't watch it, like a reasonable person lol. I just find it funny to see conservatives cry about it not being on the air. I could care less one way or the other, personally.

Shocker. Supreme Court rules in favor of the travel ban

The damage trump has done to the US will not be undone in my lifetime.

I still try to take a more positive approach. People get so filled with this doom and gloom. Granted, I don't necessarily blame anyone for thinking or feeling that way. I mean, I can't tell people how to think or feel.

In the same breath though... Believe it or not, this country as, I believe, at the most heightened and best spot it's ever been in. Life is... pretty great, all things considered.

And even with all the Trump stuff... This, of all things, has to show people how broken our system is. That we collectively voted in this crazy ego driven tv host to be in charge of 300M+ people. What better evidence could their be that the way we elect officials (or at least the President) is dangerously flawed?

• Upvote 2

In the same breath though... Believe it or not, this country as, I believe, at the most heightened and best spot it's ever been in. Life is... pretty great, all things considered.

This is the definition of privilege.

So instead of asking him to further elaborate or ask him questions about what he said, you do nothing but drop the most illogical and overused not to mention divisive liberal talking point in existence?

You went away for a while. I was hoping you would come back a little different. I am sad to see my expectations were too high. You haven't changed a bit.

• Upvote 2

I can approach this two ways. One, it kind of is -- considering that we are indeed to be privileged to be living when we do. On the other end, it sounds like you are saying that as some kind of put down -- so... elaborate?

This country has been through times of civil war... We've slaughtered Native Americans, Blacks have had to fight for equal rights, same as women. People used to have to go outside to use the bathroom, they used to have to read books by candle light. Life expectancy has increased by 30 years just in the last century.. We don't have to yoke up our oxen to go into town,

Give me a point in history, at least in this country where we as a collective have had it better.

You can't.

And by no means is that an admission of not hoping for things to be different. There's still A LOT of things that can and need to be improved upon. There are 40,000 homeless veterans... roughly 40% of the prison / jail population shouldn't be locked up.. cost of living is too high across the map and people need a livable wage among many others.

Give me 2018 over 1900 ... 1869.... 1942... etc etc any and all day.

Give me 2015 over 2018. Being better than Jim Crow shouldn't be the standard. Things are trending down, and that's obvious. I don't expect it to backslide to be like the 50s, but to say that this very moment is the very best it's ever been is asinine.

So instead of asking him to further elaborate or ask him questions about what he said, you do nothing but drop the most illogical and overused not to mention divisive liberal talking point in existence?

You went away for a while. I was hoping you would come back a little different. I am sad to see my expectations were too high. You haven't changed a bit.

I don't think favre is a sensitive snowflake that I have to be PC around.

Also, the concept of privilege is like the least controversial idea ever if you just put 20 seconds of thought into it.

Give me 2015 over 2018. Being better than Jim Crow shouldn't be the standard. Things are trending down, and that's obvious. I don't expect it to backslide to be like the 50s, but to say that this very moment is the very best it's ever been is asinine.

I don't think favre is a sensitive snowflake that I have to be PC around.

Also, the concept of privilege is like the least controversial idea ever if you just put 20 seconds of thought into it.

I didn't say controversial, did I, blots?

I said illogical, overused, and divisive. I think my point was proven immediately, as you put him on the defensive instead of trying to understand what he was really saying.

It's not about being sensitive. Nobody ever asked you to be sensitive. You got run out of here before for being a swaggerless chump when it comes to politics... which is a shame, because you're a swell guy otherwise. I hope you don't repeat those same mistakes.

Privilege is an utter fabrication. If you can't 100% identify it, study it, and work toward solutions, it's not real. It's just a talking point designed to keep people mad at each other.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Wages are stagnant and cost of living is increasing, personal debt (infinitely more important than national debt) is at an absurd level, especially for young people. The bottom will fall out soon and JD's statement will seem utterly ridiculous. Trump has hastened that but it is by no means his fault, at least not entirely. Economic policies are like drafting a rookie to put it into sports terms for my fellow sports peeps. Feel me? Lol

Privilege is an utter fabrication. If you can't 100% identify it, study it, and work toward solutions, it's not real. It's just a talking point designed to keep people mad at each other.

Look no further than the justice system, my man. They keep track of all that stuff. There is definitely such a thing as racial AND socio-economic priveledge. Poor white people are fucked but not as fucked as poor Latinos or blacks. Those are just undeniable facts.

Look no further than the justice system, my man. They keep track of all that stuff. There is definitely such a thing as racial AND socio-economic priveledge. Poor white people are fucked but not as fucked as poor Latinos or blacks. Those are just undeniable facts.

I'm glad you brought this up, even though I disagree with it. You have said it before yourself: telling poor white people they are priviledged is a tough sell, and accomplishes nothing more than widening the divide between black vs white, liberal vs. conservative, me vs. you. Maybe that's intentional?

Poor people are fucked no matter what race they are. Poor people of all races would be wise to stop pointing the finger at each other and point it where it really belongs.

Edited by Sarge

Wages are stagnant and cost of living is increasing, personal debt (infinitely more important than national debt) is at an absurd level, especially for young people. The bottom will fall out soon and JD's statement will seem utterly ridiculous. Trump has hastened that but it is by no means his fault, at least not entirely. Economic policies are like drafting a rookie to put it into sports terms for my fellow sports peeps. Feel me? Lol

I think you, just like Blots, read my statement are purely political and that's not what I meant at all.

Martin Luther King Jr. recognized that fact which is fucking amazing considering the time he lived in. I think if I was black in that era, I would have thought like Malcolm X a lot more. He stood against Vietnam when he knew it would mean his death and he included working class whites amongst the people who he was fighting for justice on behalf of. It's so sad that the whitewashing of his message and the race baiting in Washington has caused people to resent the Holiday that bears his name. One of the greatest Americans that ever lived. Much much much greater than many of the founding fathers that are worshipped falsely.

There are political forces fighting to bring back his Poor People's campaign that is one of the best things happening in politics today...well not so much politics as activism lol.

I think you, just like Blots, read my statement are purely political and that's not what I meant at all.

Oh right, you mean as far as race relations. I can agree with that, though I do fear that could be changing for the worse as well and that too is not entirely Trump's fault. Edited by seanbrock