Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I am talking about everything... Just life. Hence my example of outhouses, ox drawn carts, etc etc. Even looking globally... Technology, information, the food supply, access to clean water, etc etc. Obviously the political aspect plays a part, but it wasn't my intention to make it all about that one slice of the pie.

Well some of that is even deteriorating. What happens when the water crisis starts to effect you and me? What happens when censorship starts to constrict the flow of information as increasingly as it has been? It's not even the government that censoring us. It's the benevolent God's of Facebook and Google and media corporations. I get what you're saying man but I think you're actually both right or maybe even all of us if that's possible. Idk lol. Seems like everyone has brought up good points when we're not slinging our own shit at each other like a bunch of...apes? Oh did I just bring it full circle? Lol

I think you, just like Blots, read my statement are purely political and that's not what I meant at all.

I took it as politics since that's what we're talking about and this is the politics area...

If you can't 100% identify it, study it, and work toward solutions, it's not real.

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

You're gonna have to think about the way you talk to people or we're going to end up exactly where we were when you took a break. It's cool to disagree with people. That's what this section is for but if you expect to be treated with respect you have to give it in return. Like Sarge said. You're a good dude. You're one of the true OG's around here but you need to chill man.

You're gonna have to think about the way you talk to people or we're going to end up exactly where we were when you took a break. It's cool to disagree with people. That's what this section is for but if you expect to be treated with respect you have to give it in return. Like Sarge said. You're a good dude. You're one of the true OG's around here but you need to chill man.

I'm not sure which of the things you're responding to, but I'm assuming you mean the bware part in which case, hes effectively dismissing every social science as "not real" since they constantly deal with problems that aren't "100% identified." Which is ridiculous.

Much much much greater than many of the founding fathers that are worshipped falsely.

And now for our next session of "C'mon Man" I would love for you to explain A.) How many is "many" B.) Did you know there are only 7 considered "Foiunding Fathers"C.) ALL of them did more for the founding and development of the nation, and the greatest document ever written and D.) Every single one of them were considered honest, kind, and well beloved by their peers.

What has X done that is ANYWHERE CLOSE, to their contributions to the country. I am not saying he was a terrible man, but did more than the founding fathers? C'mon man.

giphy.gif

And now for our next session of "C'mon Man" I would love for you to explain A.) How many is "many" B.) Did you know there are only 7 considered "Foiunding Fathers"C.) ALL of them did more for the founding and development of the nation, and the greatest document ever written and D.) Every single one of them were considered honest, kind, and well beloved by their peers.

What has X done that is ANYWHERE CLOSE, to their contributions to the country. I am not saying he was a terrible man, but did more than the founding fathers? C'mon man.

Sean was referring to MLK Jr as being a greater american than the founding fathers, not Malcolm X.

Also, the orginial constitution declared that black people were 3/5ths of a human, so while I'm not saying its garbage, maybe slow your roll a bit on "greatest document ever written."

Well I would but the original constitution days no such thing.

EDIT: Get you history right,and this could be a decent discussion to have, since shitting on everything about the US is cool now, we might actually be able to recognize this country is a damn good place to be comparatively to the rest of the world.

And the Same applies to MLK.

Edited by Omerta

"The original US constitution isn't literally the greatest document in the history of the world since it allowed slavery." -- shitting on the US.

Don't get me wrong, some of the founding fathers were fucking awesome. I wasn't applying that statement to all the founding fathers. When I was still in school and read some of the shit those guys said in the federalist papers it was shocking. Shocking compared to how I was taught about them through what people said about them in text books vs. the actual men. I didn't read all of the thousands of pages but I read enough to give me a more clear picture.I thought before I read some of their opinions probably very similarly what you think about them.

I also wasn't lumping Malcolm X in with King in that statement. I was saying that it's incredible he had the moral fiber and love of his fellow man regardless of skin color having been through what he had been through. I was saying I think I'd be more like Malcolm X, angry.

Sean was referring to MLK Jr as being a greater american than the founding fathers, not Malcolm X.

Also, the orginial constitution declared that black people were 3/5ths of a human, so while I'm not saying its garbage, maybe slow your roll a bit on "greatest document ever written."

So what is the greatest document ever written then? Does your single example ruin the entire Constitution? If so, why?

So what is the greatest document ever written then? Does your single example ruin the entire Constitution? If so, why?

I mean, just the constitution as written today with the whole "banning slavery" and "letting women vote" parts is a pretty stark improvement.

I don't see why "not literally the best ever" has to mean "complete garbage."

So the constitution is the greatest ever written then ?

You don't seem to understand that all the amendments since then are a part of the constitution, and it was because they made it a living document that is possible.

Edited by Omerta

Don't get me wrong, some of the founding fathers were fucking awesome. I wasn't applying that statement to all the founding fathers. When I was still in school and read some of the shit those guys said in the federalist papers it was shocking. Shocking compared to how I was taught about them through what people said about them in text books vs. the actual men. I didn't read all of the thousands of pages but I read enough to give me a more clear picture.I thought before I read some of their opinions probably very similarly what you think about them.

I also wasn't lumping Malcolm X in with King in that statement. I was saying that it's incredible he had the moral fiber and love of his fellow man regardless of skin color having been through what he had been through. I was saying I think I'd be more like Malcolm X, angry.

I can admire what you're getting at, I think MLK was a great dude and one of the most influential people in this nation's history, but better than many of the founding fathers.... Which ones? I can't see how that statement can be accurate given the breadth of what all those men changed.

I mean, "best document ever" is a massive rabbit-hole, but sure, the current US constitution can be it (minus the 2nd amendment ;)).

....can't tell if joking...

Anthony Kennedy is retiring. We go from a "swing" justice to another gorsuch. America is so fucked.

And it shouldnt even be much of a fight with the GOPs corrupt legislation they used to push gorsuch through.

The democrats will vote against him/her (ok, him) but yeah, no real difficulty.

And RBG is like 25987465137895 years old. If she goes in this administration it will slant the supreme court for the next 40 years.

I, for one, am super happy that with all the things that people already have to complain about and wring their hands over, that they now have something new to complain about and wring their hands over for months, if not years.

• Upvote 1