Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Hey Sean, this should make you happy.

Longtime establishment Democrat, possibly going to be named the Speaker of the House if the Dems take it, upset in primary by young progressive politician.

If this pisses you off somehow, then I think I'm just done with you.

No this is awesome. I watched both of their debates. This girl is a pitbull with no fear of the establishment.

I can admire what you're getting at, I think MLK was a great dude and one of the most influential people in this nation's history, but better than many of the founding fathers.... Which ones? I can't see how that statement can be accurate given the breadth of what all those men changed.

Well they disagreed about a lot of shit obviously lol. John Adams was a puritanical douche and the sedition act was fucking horrible. He also kind of was in favor of making Washington a monarch as VP. Both Aaron Burr and Hamilton were massive elitist dicks and we're also greedy as fuck. James Maddison said some great things but I look at him as kind of like the modern day elitist Berkley-esque liberal. Like the father if neo-liberalism, which idk if I mentioned it or not but I fucking hate that lol.

Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were pretty damn awesome. Certainly not perfect but nobody is. Not even MLK.

The people I look up to in US history are people like Eugene Debbs, John Brown, MLK, FDR, Ralph Nader. There's more but I don't hate my country, just most of the people who have been in power lol

Edited by seanbrock

And then the SC said," fuck unions"

And then the SC said," fuck unions"

They've been doing that for a while now lol. Hell they've been saying fuck workers in general. Did you not see that forced arbitration decision? It is going to get worse. I think Obama is partially to blame though because he wanted to help the Democrats use the supreme Court appointment to blackmail people into voting for Hillary. I can't think of another reason why he wouldn't have pushed his appointment harder. If you say it's because of Republican obstruction idt that's any better. Then it's his fault for being a gigantic pussy and not using the bully pulpit power that the President wields. Especially a president that's as effective as speaker as Obama.

Lol I understand that whistleblowers break the law in a sense but those laws can be so arbitrary. The govt could decide that sharing any bit of information violated national security if it wanted to, and if it really wanted to it wouldn't have to justify it because it'd stir up some partisan issue to distract people.

I think it gets touchy when we delve into the realm of putting troops' lives on danger but when it comes to exposing the govt for the POS it is let the whistleblowers tell their stories.

Could you share a link of the details of her platform please?

What's your favorite Trump nickname? Even if you like him, you have to admit it's fun to bust on him.

My personal favorite is Mango Mussolini.

I want to give that woman my seed.

Sorry, but she seems like a smart person. Maybe Tomi Lahren though.

Sorry, but she seems like a smart person. Maybe Tomi Lahren though.

lol...I could give her a strong hate fucking. You have to admit she's pretty hot. I used to love watching Fox news in the morning when I was in jail. Andrea Tantaros....mmm...Stacy Dash. I'd knock all of them up and black mail them to expose their scandalous promiscuity/having an abortion and be set for fucking LIFE.

I'd 100% hatefuck tomi lahren, though as far as blackmailing her about abortion, she actually is pro-choice.

My dream hatefuck is kellyanne. I'd snap her in half and rewatch it on the film from the microwave.

Is Roe v Wade pretty much done if the GOP gets another justice on the Supreme Court? I don't know what would stop them from going after Obergefell v Hodges argument from 2015.

Is Roe v Wade pretty much done if the GOP gets another justice on the Supreme Court? I don't know what would stop them from going after Obergefell v Hodges argument from 2015.

Yeah it probably is. Abortion will just be in some states and illegal in others. They won't be able to federally ban it (at least not any time soon).

We need to revisit the abortion debate. I might start a thread later on tonight or this weekend. This country has shifted morally to the point where the majority thinks the morally superior viewpoint is to allow a developing life to be snuffed out and sucked out. That's downright crazy.

And will nobody acknowledge that the vast majority of unplanned pregnancies are the result of being reckless sexually? Take the pill or wear the condom. Not that hard to prevent. And the right of individuals to get their rocks off doesn't supersede the right of the resulting life to develop and flourish.

Yeah, I'll start a thread soon.

Ooh, dunking on you sounds fun.

Yeah it probably is. Abortion will just be in some states and illegal in others. They won't be able to federally ban it (at least not any time soon).

What would stop them from federally banning it? Sounds like they're going to have social progress by the balls the next few decades so I'm having trouble understanding why they wouldn't just try to kill it.

Edited by OSUViking

There are two obstenibly pro-choice republicans in the Senate right now, so I don't think they'd have the votes for a full federal ban. It's also not a popular thing so on some level they'd be worried about pissing voters off, maybe. They'd be happy claiming they got rid of Roe v Wade and just calling that their win.

You're assuming those two people are going to vote against his nominee on the suspicion they'd vote against RvW. They're not going to answer directly whether they'd overturn it.

These midterms are critical. If the GOP gets a larger majority in the Senate and keeps its majority in the House, we could set back the progress we've been making for decades.

Edited by Thanatos

You're assuming those two people are going to vote against his nominee on the suspicion they'd vote against RvW. They're not going to answer directly whether they'd overturn it.

No I'm not. Overturning Roe V Wade would just allow states to decide whether its illegal or not. So the civilized states that vote for democrats would still have it.

So the civilized states that vote for democrats would still have it.

Lol. As opposed to killing something that is alive. That is ironic.

civilized states that vote democrat lol

There's nothing civilized about hearing, "We don't want it! Dismember it and vacuum it out!" and then complying with those wishes. Abortion is not some sort of civilized, morally sound practice when it's an on-demand procedure. It's a sad, necessary-to-have-available operation for dire circumstances. Otherwise it's a direct escape route away from personal accountability. Use contraception. Obviously it's not full-proof but if people had the intellectual capacity to care more about not having to go through a traumatic experience like an abortion over having a quicker orgasm, it wouldn't be so prevalent.

I would rather see a woman accept that she her and her partner (if she has one) would be awful parents and not subject a child to that kind of environment. Adoption isn't the 1-to-1 match that provides a nice alternative.

Personally I don't see a moral issue over this, but I also don't think that life is as inherently valuable as other people. It just is; if we *really* came from higher power who instilled incredible value in each life, I might think differently, but at least the second part is not true by default.

I tend to think life with suffering is better than no life at all, but I don't expect people to agree with this universally. If a woman thinks a pregnancy would be bad for her for whatever reason, more power to her, at least she's honest with herself. I imagine people thinking that women like get off on being able to have abortions. It's not like it's a pleasant experience.

I do agree we should educate young people about sex but who are the ones blocking that? The same hypocrites who decry the plague abortion has brought on the world.

To be fair to you, Bware, it's hard for me to look at the pro-life argument as rational because I spent my life in Catholic schooling which pumped students full of emotionally charged messages. They worked on some and on the complete opposite end of the spectrum it made me think pro-life people are just as snowflakey as those they decry. I'll try to avoid lumping you in with that lot but I'll admit it's hard for me to see a rational side to your argument.

Edit: I'm not sure I can even relate this to your post Bware, apologies if it's a cluttered mess. I think it's best to sum up my perspective as this. I agree we should address the issue of unwanted pregnancy at it's source, before the pregnancy occurs. Educate people aboit safe sex and make those resources readily available. However we can't rely on that as the end-all to unwanted pregnancy and the moral argument against abortion isn't appealing enough for me to say abortion shouldn't be an option for any woman. A lot of human sexual behavior comes down to a woman making a choice regarding a mate, I see no reason they shouldn't have agency over a reproductive process that happens at their expense.

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 2

I sort of agree with Bware here. I am not opposed to abortion, and I am no fan of taking sovereignty over other individuals, unless they are true criminals. I just don't think we should try to soften what this is. You ARE killing something in a lot of cases. Let's not try to dress this up as some civil thing, it is uncivil, but an option that should not be abolished.

I am with you in I don't value life much, with the exception of kids. I love children. I don't know about the suffering thing either. It is not often a life is all misery without your consent. Sure, some parts are shit and there is not much you can do about it, but most people have the choice to make their lives better. I'm not going to go into great extent here, and I'm not saying this somewhat weighs me story because I have an amazing life, I'm just saying that I have had a lot of hard times in my life, and I wouldn't trade the life I've got were the experiences I've been through for anything. I grew up in foster care, I watched my mom died, my Dad ran out on us, my best friend and his family was murdered when I was growing up, some of the crappy things about war, although I signed up for that so I cannot complain, and breaking my neck, and having my wife have a miscarriage as a side effect of a drug she was on, that was supposed to be entirely safe. All of those experiences, have made my life difficult in the moment, but it has made everything worth it in the end. I think it is one of those instances that without bitter you don't enjoy sweet.

all that said, I'm not advocating that we make people suffer for no reason, just to enhance their character. It was an anecdotal story about how you can have bad things happen, and still have an amazing life. I will also concede that while it shows a serious lack of judgement to have a kid, and not think you were ready to deal with the consequences. I would rather have the mistake end there, and you have a child and resenting it, when it was your mistake to begin with. I think it shows you have piss poor character when that happens, but I would rather you not take it out on a child. So I guess in that sense it's better for a child to not be born, then to grow up on loved and hated for something that wasn't their fault.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1