Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Bullets, not ballots. :D

I dislike using the word bullying, because it seems like it only applies when the people threatening boycotts are on the other side of the political aisle.

Normally, on this issue, I'd agree with you. But for this specific role and specific movie, I think casting a woman as him just undercuts him entirely. That was the entire issue while he was alive, and even his obituary and different documentary misgendered him by calling him a woman.

Not at all saying Scarlett couldn't play him just fine, but I think they have a point with this one.

Oh btw trump threw the US under the bus in order to suck up to Putin. I know I'm the only one here bothered by the fact that our president is obviously under control of the kremlin, but I just thought it was worth bringing up.

What should US policy/response to Russian election interference? Opperating under the assumption that all allegations against Russia are true, Trump is impeeched and Pence is in office. What would be the best course of action for him regardless of what you think he'd actually do?

Oh btw trump threw the US under the bus in order to suck up to Putin. I know I'm the only one here bothered by the fact that our president is obviously under control of the kremlin, but I just thought it was worth bringing up.

virtue-signaling-meme.jpg

A guy I worked with previously, on Facebook actually said we should declare war on Russia and get boots on the ground....

I try to be as open-minded as my small brain allows me to... But if that is your opinion, please STFU.

virtue-signaling-meme.jpg

Not that that term hasn't always been stupid, but you clearly don't even understand what it means.

Edit: and Favre I agree boots on the ground in Russia would be an awful idea at the moment. Doesn't mean the us should be a puppet state of theirs.

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, you telling everyone how superior you are in a very,"look at me" way hoping others will share your outrage.

I think I've got it covered. It's funny you didn't deny that was your intent either.

My opinion is if we're assuming it's all true then it was a result of our own incompetence. Prosecute everyone guilty, beef up security and make sure it doesn't happen again.

My question is why does the media not look into Saudi Arabia for buying influence with Trump to ensure their help in the genocide of the people of Yemen? This is what can happen when elections are for sale. I think you can use Trump to attack the system but there aren't many people out there in the media world who are interested in that for obvious reasons.

Not that that term hasn't always been stupid, but you clearly don't even understand what it means.

Edit: and Favre I agree boots on the ground in Russia would be an awful idea at the moment. Doesn't mean the us should be a puppet state of theirs.

You aren't wrong.. but how do we get that point across?Do we just cut off trade and isolate ourselves (from them)? Trade is relatively TINY between us and if we make a power play like that and they hit American companies over there... We're just hurting ourselves. And God forbid they call on us to pay them for the debt they own of ours. Again, tiny compared to like.. China, but still wouldn't be good.

Implementing the legally required sanctions while ending the hostility to our usual allies in the EU/NATO would be a nice start.

Any sanctions that we enact is just going to turn into a dick measuring contest by Pooty Poot and Trump. We do one thing, he's gonna do it bigger.. then Trump is gonna go bigger than that...

That doesn't seem productive...

And NATO is a shame, I don't see how bowing to them is a punishment for Russia.

It just seems like your proposed solutions would actually hurt / affect the US more than the Russian meddling hurt the US. Seems illogical to me.

Again, I am not against finding something to do... I just don't know exactly what that would look like.

Trumps very logical view on NATO :smug:

The United States is proud to bear its share of the defense of the Transatlantic Alliance. It is the cornerstone of our security. But we can’t do it alone. And we’re going to need to make sure that everybody who is a member of NATO has full membership. They expect full membership when it comes to their defense; then that means that they’ve also got to make a contribution that is commensurate with full membership

NATO is very reliant on U.S. capabilities but has not always invested in some joint capabilities that would be important as well. And it’s going to require every NATO member to step up. We have seen a decline steadily in European defense spending generally. There are exceptions -- like Poland, like Estonia -- but for the most part, we have seen a steady decline. That has to change.

Every NATO member has to do its fair share.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

In completely un-shocking news, Trump has no clue how NATO works. The US is not getting ripped off by other members and we're not subsidizing their lack of spending, as he constantly implies.

And anyone who is not alarmed that Trump just took the word of a at-the-very-least-unfriendly-nation's leader over every single one of our own intelligence agency's conclusions is silly. Seems even most of the GOP understands that what Trump just did was horrendously irresponsible to say the least.

Trump sucking up to Putin while dissing our intelligence and dodging questions about Russian interference in the US elections is extremely disappointing, though not unexpected.

Edited by Thanatos

How does NATO work?

Its an alliance that says that if one member is attacked, all the other members will help with defense. It makes attacking any NATO member an incredibly risky proposition, which is why Putin is so eager to have it undermined by trump. Yeah the US pays a lot, but its basically the reason we haven't had a war between the European powers since World War 2.

Is attacking the US not a risky proposition on it's own? When you hear about potential threats against the US, the rhetoric is almost never... Don't do it because of NATO.

I understand that there are no like... minimums NATO actually requires when it comes to spending... But as you can see by the quote of the President above, there was a steady pattern of decreased military spending in Europe.

I get it. Latvia isn't going to be pushing in as much cash as the US -- but that is why when you see NATO spending charts it's usually in a %. Germany, France, Italy, Canada... all Top 10 world economies.... Putting in absolute dick. lmao.

Again, per the President... Greece, going through an economic crisis can hit the 2% mark -- no reason these other Top 10 economies can't. No reason at all. When, as a collective group you put 2% as a target and only 4 or 5 of your almost 30 countries hit that mark on a yearly basis... Something is wrong.

Maybe that 2% is just unrealistic? Fair. Cut that as a goal then. Make the goal something more realistic for members.

Although.. Where I disagree with the President.. While those other countries could certainly bump spending. The US could definitely decrease spending. We're putting way too much into the pot of national defense (not just NATO).

Slash spending, get us in line with our allies.

EDIT: If we were to cut our spending to the 2% guideline -- we'd free up 314.5 billion dollars. A lot of good things we could do with 300 billion dollars. Roughly 70% of the American workforce makes less than 50k a year... take that extra defense spending away and make a real stimulus package.. 3k a year for everyone! Real stimulus! Obama should've put me in the administration. Somebody send Trump my resume.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

What do you guys think about the role of defense contractors in defense spending?

What do you guys think about the role of defense contractors in defense spending?

The military-industrial complex is a completely seperate beast.

Oh and btw, the 2% number was an agreement for all countries to reach by 2024 so no one is actually even "breaking their promise" yet anyways.

The military-industrial complex is a completely seperate beast.

Oh and btw, the 2% number was an agreement for all countries to reach by 2024 so no one is actually even "breaking their promise" yet anyways.

Oh and btw the inception of the 2% standard came to be BECAUSE too many countries werent pulling their weight financially

Edit:

And I will reiterate, I am not hung up on the 2% . If our allies really cant hit that number... Im fine dropping it and our spending with it. Im 100% fine with that I may even prefer it

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

If NATO dissolves, Russia is gonna move in on Eastern Europe like a bitch.

and America will sit back and let it happen.

Hopefully.